Mar 6, 2002
UK
415XLO-pTcL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: stingo

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I'm in a rut. I'm hesitating between In the Country of Last Things by Paul Auster and The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Anyone read either of these works and has a suggestion?

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
I want to get into african litterature. What are some recommendations you guys have? Id prefer something that came out in the colonial era.

Ive read things fall apart so no need to recommend that one.

Reactions: GB

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
No Longer At Ease is the sequel to Things Fall Apart, the story of Okonkwo's grandson. It came out, just, before Nigeria became independent. Then Arrow of God completes the trilogy. If you enjoyed Things Fall Apart you should read them both.

Other than that I think all the African literature I've read is later than the colonial era or written by non-Africans.

Reactions: Sprague Cleghorn

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
A Casey Stengel biography--when I was a little kid, the first sport I liked was baseball, and Stengel, a cross between the class clown and a garden gnome, was the very successful manager of the New York Yankee mega-dynasty. Hated the Yanks, but Stengel was in a way very kid friendly not to mention I couldn't figure out how this gnarly little elf could possibly lead a team to so many championships.

Reactions: Babe Ruth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->