Books: Book(s) you are Currently Reading | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
91euA4QvnDL.jpg

Good, old school advisement on treating agoraphobia (largely without medication). I'm about 80% finished.
I'm digging the '7os dust jacket too..

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Julian Barnes' The Only Story. Plan to start it Monday after the WC and Wimbledon are over. Barnes is an important writer whom I have mostly avoided for no good reason. So this is a form of penance, I guess.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
awaken-the-giant-within-9780671791544_hr.jpg

One of the most useful books I’ve ever read so far. This is a book they really should require reading in school to help children understand not only that they can change anything, but also how to do it. I think way too many people fall into that latter category which is really sad.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I've started reading game of thrones again. Trying to retrain my brain to imagine the characters as they are described in the books and not the tv show but it's tough.
919-FLL37TL.jpg
Just finished reading this one though and it's a pretty good read.
images.jpg

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I've started reading game of thrones again. Trying to retrain my brain to imagine the characters as they are described in the books and not the tv show but it's tough.
View attachment 130191

Tyrion is hard to picture looking different from Dinklage. Probably the hardest to. But I do see book Tyrion as Dinklage version without a nose. :laugh:

For some reason Jamie Lannister is rather easy for me to see differently from Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. Book Jamie looks more like this version of Rhaegar in my mind than Nikolaj.

Game-Of-Thrones-Rhaegar-Targaryen-Fantasy-Flight-Games-Featured-970x545.jpg

Dany looks like a younger version of Clarke in my mind.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Tyrion is hard to picture looking different from Dinklage. Probably the hardest to. But I do see book Tyrion as Dinklage version without a nose. :laugh:

For some reason Jamie Lannister is rather easy for me to see differently from Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. Book Jamie looks more like this version of Rhaegar in my mind than Nikolaj.

Game-Of-Thrones-Rhaegar-Targaryen-Fantasy-Flight-Games-Featured-970x545.jpg

Dany looks like a younger version of Clarke in my mind.
I actually have an easier time with Dany since as you said, you just kind of have to picture a younger Clarke but the rest are giving me a hard time. Dinklage played book Tyion perfectly so it's hard to separate them having watched a lot of the show before reading the books.

Funny enough, Eddard is fairly easy for me even though Sean Bean played the roll perfectly as well.

I really hope Martin diverges quite a bit from the show in these next few books ( if they come out this century). I've read him saying that he's kind of stumped himself with all the different story lines and how he's going to make them all work.

Reactions: Plural

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I actually have an easier time with Dany since as you said, you just kind of have to picture a younger Clarke but the rest are giving me a hard time. Dinklage played book Tyion perfectly so it's hard to separate them having watched a lot of the show before reading the books.

Funny enough, Eddard is fairly easy for me even though Sean Bean played the roll perfectly as well.

I really hope Martin diverges quite a bit from the show in these next few books ( if they come out this century). I've read him saying that he's kind of stumped himself with all the different story lines and how he's going to make them all work.

I guess I'm just such a big Bean fan and I did watch the first series before reading the books so he kind of is embedded to my mind as Ed Stark.

And I really share your hope. I'm just afraid he'll never get around of actually writing them. He's a busy man so I don't blame him but man it will suck if he never finishes the story.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I guess I'm just such a big Bean fan and I did watch the first series before reading the books so he kind of is embedded to my mind as Ed Stark.

And I really share your hope. I'm just afraid he'll never get around of actually writing them. He's a busy man so I don't blame him but man it will suck if he never finishes the story.
He's getting up there in age as well and he's not exactly the poster boy for healthy lol

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
To Set a Watchmen by Harper Lee

Bought it a long time ago running out of things to read here at home so pulled it off the shelf. See what's what.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Science in the Soul: Selected Writings of a Passionate Rationalist, by Richard Dawkins

(No, he doesn't mean that kind of a soul--he's just messin' with people's heads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad