Value of: Boeser/Miller for RHD

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
lol that’s terrible for the Canucks
Byram and we can chat
Please realise that teams hardly ever trade stud Dmen with #1D upside when they're still on their ELC, especially in a flat cap league.

Boeser has a big contract and will want a huge raise. You will get something good for him no doubt, but I doubt you get a Byram level prospect.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
At this point I'd be much more inclined to give up Miller than Boeser. Miller might be the better, more well rounded player, but he hits free agency in two years and will likely be looking for a retirement contract. Not to mention his age is just a smidge above what I think is ideal to be considered part of the core.

A Boston fan mentioned a possible Carlo trade. I'd be open to that. Maybe each side adds a piece to help fill the necessary holes.

To Boston

Miller
Hamonic

To Vancouver

Carlo
Debrusk

No clue whether Boston would consider this fair value or not.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Please realise that teams hardly ever trade stud Dmen with #1D upside when they're still on their ELC, especially in a flat cap league.

Boeser has a big contract and will want a huge raise. You will get something good for him no doubt, but I doubt you get a Byram level prospect.

Typical HF.

Proven two way scoring winger with playmaking abilities, on a good deal, amazing character guy, is not worth more than a prospect that has only played 19 games.

Reactions: sens13

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
At this point I'd be much more inclined to give up Miller than Boeser. Miller might be the better, more well rounded player, but he hits free agency in two years and will likely be looking for a retirement contract. Not to mention his age is just a smidge above what I think is ideal to be considered part of the core.

A Boston fan mentioned a possible Carlo trade. I'd be open to that. Maybe each side adds a piece to help fill the necessary holes.

To Boston

Miller
Hamonic

To Vancouver

Carlo
Debrusk

No clue whether Boston would consider this fair value or not.
That would be a pretty short-sighted move for Boston.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Of course. Depends on the plus though. What were you thinking?

I'm not too familiar with Anaheim's prospects.

Drysdale is small RD and we already have Hughes for that. So doesn't really help.

It's a tough deal to nail down.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Don't be silly. 27 year old forward 2 years from UFA doesn't get Byram

HF, where established veteran player cannot land a prospect.

Miller, on a cap strapped Tampa team, got a first, a third and a minor league goalie. The pick was looked at being a lottery pick at the time of trade.

That history, with Miller's increased value from his production, still not worth Byram?

Really?

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Don't be silly. 27 year old forward 2 years from UFA doesn't get Byram

PPG player and probably a top 50 forward in the league on a team friendly contract. At the trade deadline he would get a 1st/a young roster player and a top prospect.

Reactions: JAK

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
HF, where established veteran player cannot land a prospect.

Miller, on a cap strapped Tampa team, got a first, a third and a minor league goalie. The pick was looked at being a lottery pick at the time of trade.

That history, with Miller's increased value from his production, still not worth Byram?

Really?
how was that pick looked at like a lottery pick ? they were cup favourites

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

Lets take it the other way.

I doubt you will get Boeser for a Byram level prospect.

You know the actual proven top 6 forward over a defenceman that played 19 games.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
how was that pick looked at like a lottery pick ? they were cup favourites
That pick was slotted for 17-30 as it was lottery protected and a lot of people thought it would be in the high teens

sens13

Mar 16, 2017

Please realize you are offering literal crap. if byram is off limits at least offer newhook. why would any team trade their top line winger for a garbage 3c and a meh prospect

Use some common sense.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
That pick was slotted for 17-30 as it was lottery protected and a lot of people thought it would be in the high teens

no i meant the lightning but i screwed that up . my bad

The picks condition was

*Conditions: If the Canucks do not make the playoffs in 2019-20, the 2020 1st round pick will transfer to a 2021 1st round pick instead

Confirmed Trade: - [VAN/TBL] J.T. Miller for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd round pick, and 2020 conditional 1st round pick

Reaction thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad