Value of: Boeser/Miller for RHD

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Second overall and a third rounder then? Meet in the middle. One of each
in the draft coming up if the habs somehow got their hands on the second overall pick we'd be keeping that . i love miller but he's 2 yrs from 30 and free agency .

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
in the draft coming up if the habs somehow got their hands on the second overall pick we'd be keeping that . i love miller but he's 2 yrs from 30 and free agency .

Classic HF. 28 years old 1st line C/LW, physical, passionate, can score, set up, face off, and plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Not as good as any draft pick.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Avs need a top 6 forward and have $2.4m in capspace. If they can include Compher's $3.5m in the deal they could get $5.9m capspace to squeeze Boeser in at $5.875m with $25k to spare.

Avs have two really good RHD prospects in Barron and Helleson. Barron will likely get a call up from the AHL sometime this season, and Helleson is doing one more year in college before joining. Given that Vancouver are in something of a transition and look to contend in ~2 years time one would think that the timeline of either of those ELC's would be really valuable to Vancouver.

Would something like this work?

Boeser for Compher + Barron + something else minor

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Avs need a top 6 forward and have $2.4m in capspace. If they can include Compher's $3.5m in the deal they could get $5.9m capspace to squeeze Boeser in at $5.875m with $25k to spare.

Avs have two really good RHD prospects in Barron and Helleson. Barron will likely get a call up from the AHL sometime this season, and Helleson is doing one more year in college before joining. Given that Vancouver are in something of a transition and look to contend in ~2 years time one would think that the timeline of either of those ELC's would be really valuable to Vancouver.

If it's Avs, I think the conversation starts at Byram.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

Oh geez that's bad

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

upload_2021-8-2_18-21-54.gif

Reactions: JAK and eviohh26

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Classic HF. 28 years old 1st line C/LW, physical, passionate, can score, set up, face off, and plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Why would a team drafting 2nd overall and there for rebuilding a team, trade that 2nd OA for a 28 year old 1st line W when said player likely won't even be on the team what the rebuild is finished?

It would be like when the Leafs traded the equivalent of Dougie Hamilton and Tyler Seguin for Phil Kessel.

Come on on man.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

hey i appreciate how good miller is but to give up the number 2 overall pick in a really deep draft would be a bit much where he's gonna be a ufa in two years . that cant be to hard to see

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Why would a team drafting 2nd overall and there for rebuilding a team, trade that 2nd OA for a 28 year old 1st line W when said player likely won't even be on the team what the rebuild is finished?

It would be like when the Leafs traded the equivalent of Dougie Hamilton and Tyler Seguin for Phil Kessel.

Come on on man.
i don't even think a contender would give up that 2nd overall pick for two years of miller ( and i'm a huge fan of miller's by the way ) considering team control and cap implications

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

That’s pretty awful. Boeser has significant value.

JTC has negative value and Barron doesn’t come anywhere close to making up the difference. The something else would have to be a 1st ++.

It would take Newhook++.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Can you give me a counter proposal ( that doesn't include Newhook or Byram).
LOL…. The answer is no. Avs don’t have the pieces if Newhook/Byram are excluded. JTC makes it even more insurmountable with his negative value.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010

Come on on man.

hey i appreciate how good miller is but to give up the number 2 overall pick in a really deep draft would be a bit much where he's gonna be a ufa in two years . that cant be to hard to see

i don't even think a contender would give up that 2nd overall pick for two years of miller ( and i'm a huge fan of miller's by the way ) considering team control and cap implications

That is the thing, Miller is that important to the Canucks right now it would require some dramatic overpayment for the Canucks to want to deal him out.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Can you give me a counter proposal ( that doesn't include Newhook or Byram).

Nope. Byram is from BC, played for the local WHL team. He is the starting point. Byram jerseys will sell so much in BC.

Boeser is RFA with arbitration, he can be negotiated to an extension.

Canucks can add Rathbone or Juolevi to give you a LD youth back, but Avs would have to add.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
You want a top line player try giving up a top line prospect. A late first rounder and cap dump and some no name isn't it
I'm not a Nucks fan so I can't speak of what they need
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
That is the thing, Miller is that important to the Canucks right now it would require some dramatic overpayment for the Canucks to want to deal him out.
that's fine . will circle back when your done getting your rfas signed

dman34

May 6, 2011

lol that’s terrible for the Canucks
Byram and we can chat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad