Value of: Boeser/Miller for RHD

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I wouldn't trade Sevs for Miller

now that Dougie is signed, I would think long and hard about trading him for Boeser....but the problem is that opens up another hole at RHD for the Devils as well.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
I really don’t know if I’d call OEL and Poolman an upgrade on Schmidt and Edler. The more I look at it the more it looks like a downgrade

OEL is better than Schmidt even without rebounding in a new atmosphere... And even if Schmidt is playing in a place he likes.

Edler is only looked at better than Poolman at this point in his career because of nostalgia. Hate to say it but Edler is kind of done. Love him. Heart and soul. But he just can't keep up anymore....

Are they significantly better? Not really. Where the Canucks will benefit is from having a significantly better forward group with more players like Dickinson and less players like Virtanen.

Plus, no Holtby as a backup.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I'm firmly on the "I hope our offense out scores what our defense lets in" train. I'll admit Hamonic, Poolman and (begrudgingly) OEL are an improvement over, well, Schmidt, Edler and Hamonic, at least on paper, and that our D is still short a couple of good pieces, but robbing Peter to pay Paul is the last thing we need to do. It would be like trading Demko for a physical skater...yeah we could probably get a decent one for that price, but not someone to make our whole team better at the expense of the hole we're creating.
Hamonic is better than Hamonic I agree on that one. OEL is similar to Edler and Schmidt is better than Poolman. Only hope is d coach does well, Hughes improves and Rathbone contributes big. Otherwise it's not looking great.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Hamonic is better than Hamonic I agree on that one.

I disagree, I believe Hamonic and Hamonic have equal value, they have the same contract, have the same stats, same age, same experience.

There literally isn't two players more similar than Hamonic and Hamonic.

Prove me wrong.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Hamonic is better than Hamonic I agree on that one. OEL is similar to Edler and Schmidt is better than Poolman. Only hope is d coach does well, Hughes improves and Rathbone contributes big. Otherwise it's not looking great.

Hamonic isn't even in the same league as Hamonic. AIENC. Hamonic >>>>>> Hamonic. We agree there.

I think OEL and Schmidt will be more comparable based on deployment, and I do think that will be an improvement. I was also unimpressed with Schmidt, though.

Edler was not good for us though. He wasn't the 2011 playoffs machine he used to be. Poolman isn't great, but I think he will be a step up from the Edler we saw last year, at least in part because we won't be leaning on him the same way.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York

This is one of the hottest takes I have ever seen.

Hamonic couldn't skate a mile in Hamonic's skates. Hamonic isn't even in the same league as Hamonic. I simply don't know what exactly you see in Hamonic—but it's definitely not Hamonic.

Let the #HamonicWars begin.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
OEL is an upgrade on Edler offensively.

Not convinced he is defensively, unless he’s been sandbagging it in AZ the last two to three seasons.

Really hoping Poolman still has a bit more in the tank to prove he’s worth that raise he hasn’t earned.

Maybe turns into a “Carlo lite”.

Canucks really do need a minute eating RSD to slot above all of the ones they have.

Kinda wish they just kept Schmidt and tried him again on the right side this season....

Last edited:

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I wouldn't trade Sevs for Miller

now that Dougie is signed, I would think long and hard about trading him for Boeser....but the problem is that opens up another hole at RHD for the Devils as well.
I’d trade him in a heartbeat for either guy, with Dougie and Subban already on the right side, Sevs ice time is going to drop significantly and the Devils desperately need too 6 wingers

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I’d trade him in a heartbeat for either guy, with Dougie and Subban already on the right side, Sevs ice time is going to drop significantly and the Devils desperately need too 6 wingers

Subban is on the back 9 of his career and is signed for 1 year

I'm not making any decisions based on him whatsoever. Severson is much better than Subban.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

Why is severson losing ice time? He's way better than subban at this point. He and Dougie will be over 20 and subban at like 17

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Good god, trading Boeser to alleviate Benning's newly self-inflicted cap issues is peak Benning.

And like others have said, I don't think there's a realistic defence target that is worth trading Boeser for. Yes, RD is a flaming trash heap. But that doesn't mean I'm giving Boeser away. I actually like Severson, but I wouldn't trade Boeser for him.

Much more open to moving Miller for more of a futures-type package.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park

Schenn is an upgrade over Chatfield, but otherwise I agree. Not much of an improvement other than depth and balance. It'll be a long year for Demko.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
So the Canucks trade the 9th overall pick to finally get a good forward group and we already are looking to take away from it? So we want to go back to Pearson in our top 6?

Look I'm not a fan of our d as much probably the ones that hate it the most. At least I'm willing to give them 20 games to see what the new coach and hopefully improved foward depth can do to help mitigate it. Whats the rush to ship out our top end players now that we will have depth past 20 games of Toffoli? Y'all wont even let us get the 20 games we got with Tofu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad