GDT: Bob Nicholson Press Conference 12:30

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
He really cant fire chiarelli 1 day after his press conference. Were all getting excited for nothing.

I mean, you're right. But that's not going to stop me from preparing a Bob Nicholson "Salt Bae" gif with fireballs instead of salt grains between now and the presser.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Pete Chiarelli..................YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!!!!!

biDFHU0.gif

I hear Vinny Mac is going back to sports

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
So there's a ton of complaining from the usual suspects, but I want know:

What do you Want Nicholson to say? Honestly, I want to know.

"Eat Fresh"

In all honesty, just tired of press conferences that literally have no news.
We may be an angry fanbase, but we know when there's no substance being put forth. Just placating words 95% of the time. Worst thing you can tell an angry person is to calm down haha.

So actual news would be good.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Fair enough thank you for sharing. I hope we get something "positive" because the frustration should be palpable to everyone in the organization.

I will still say I think it's a new GM, with Chia as the POHO only.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
He's probably going to clarify the under evaluation comments made by Chiarelli yesterday, if I had to guess.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
The tough thing aboutthe OIlers though is that this is the team that Chiarelli has built. Players like Lucic, or Kris Russell, are locked in for several years. They really don't have any defensive prospects worth talking about. With Connor McDavid in his prime you absolutely have to be in "win now" mode, but there's no easy fixes for this roster and not a lot of assets you can go out and trade with.

Anyways, I'm interested to see what happens.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
It would be pretty unprofessional of TSN to be speculating about Chiarelli being fired, if it just winds up being a donation for Humboldt.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
If Chia is being removed it will have nothing to do with anything he said yesterday.

These things are in the works for and require months of effort even if you end up making a bad decision at the end of it.

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
Maybe he could be getting fired. Makes no sense to have another fluff press conference the day after chia gave us nothing tangible yesterday. Wtf would be the point of one the day after to say nothing again.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If Chia is being removed it will have nothing to do with anything he said yesterday.

These things are in the works for and require months of effort even if you end up making a bad decision at the end of it.

If Chia is fired why even have the Chia year end presser? So that the higher ups and untouchables can eat popcorn looking at it?

Not that that would surprise me.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The tough thing aboutthe OIlers though is that this is the team that Chiarelli has built. Players like Lucic, or Kris Russell, are locked in for several years. They really don't have any defensive prospects worth talking about. With Connor McDavid in his prime you absolutely have to be in "win now" mode, but there's no easy fixes for this roster and not a lot of assets you can go out and trade with.

Anyways, I'm interested to see what happens.

And then they talk about how they are going bring in big time offensive D. Like how? They have no room with the contract they have, which they dont admit are a problem. No rational/logical thought processes.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
This seems rather impromptu with no winds of gossip he would hold his own presser. If it was something unimportant, why not share the stage yesterday with Chiarelli or at least be present.

The way Chiarelli is and was being ripped in the media and by the fans lately, perhaps Katz wants heads on a stick the way Chiarelli appeared bizarre and incoherent during his presser yesterday.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Maybe he could be getting fired. Makes no sense to have another fluff press conference the day after chia gave us nothing tangible yesterday. Wtf would be the point of one the day after to say nothing again.

Public vote of confidence in your guy.

Of course, the next question would be why he didn't just come out with Peter yesterday in this case.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
You guys who are expecting some meaningful news need to ready for a severe letdown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad