Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Finals begin June 6th at TD Garden - CELTICS vs Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Also still don't understand why Indy didn't just foul on that final Celtics possession in regulation before Brown hit the 3.

Put them at the line to hit a FT, then either miss for a rebound and 2, or get the ball back still up 1 with Celtics needing to foul again.

Reactions: EverettMike

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Difference between how him and Jrue play late is night and day- Jrue might not make as insane of hustle plays as Smart would but he’s about 10x more in control and makes the right play so much more frequently
the game feels way more in control with the ball in his hands, his decision making is so much better

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Glad I went last night we moved down to 3rd row behind Indiana bench. Amazing game to be at in good seats easily the best Celtics game I’ve been to since 2003 ECF 30 point comeback.

Pacers looked really good. Toppin and Siakam got all their points on closely contested tough shots and Halliburton and Turner couldn’t miss. Nesmith Nemburt and McConnel all solid guards. Played tough D for a team not known for it. Hopefully a demoralizing loss like that makes them go away this would have been a tough series if they took G1.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Interesting Win.
The J's had their ups and downs, not including Jrue.

Holiday had an outstanding night, won the game for them.

Jaylen was hot and cold but he had a big shot to tie it.

They can't play like this and win. The Pacers just keep coming.

Onto Wednesday Go Celtics.
Thursday.... West and East alternate nights for the next 2 weeks in and around the NHL which ESPN/ABC/TNT also have

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
NBA G-League expands to 32 after the dissolution of G-League Ignite..... Phoenix reestablishes G-League affiliate after selling Northern Arizona franchise (Prescott Valley) and Mullett Arena likely gets another tenant to fill the gap left by the Deactivated Coyotes; here's the release from the NBA (5/14)

Welcome the Valley Suns (named likely after the 3rds the Suns used on several nights like GS did the w/ "the Town/Bay/City");

Last edited:

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
Man did the Pacers gag that game away five different ways.

I mean, Cs still needed to do what they did to take advantage (especially Jaylen's incredible 3), but wow.
This is my takeaway too. Pacers choked, but the Cs made clutch plays.

I feel like the Tatum/Brown era teams usually loses that game. I'm taking it as s good sign.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
On the way to work I listened to Hardy complaining about how he "only made plays when they were winning by 1" and you can't trust him when you're down or tied or something stupid like that.
I feel there is some truth to that. He missed two makeable critical shot in doing so we had the up and down. Jayson and Jaylen can be frustrating during important games. They make outstanding shots but at the same time miss easy shots or makeable shots creating a problem. The Pacers are an offense explosion without any defense. Should be a fun round.

Go Celtics

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I feel there is some truth to that. He missed two makeable critical shot in doing so we had the up and down. Jayson and Jaylen can be frustrating during important games. They make outstanding shots but at the same time miss easy shots or makeable shots creating a problem. The Pacers are an offense explosion without any defense. Should be a fun round.

Go Celtics

He did have the and 1 play at the end of OT to put them up for good

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I fell asleep with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Was happy to see they won. Was surprised how even the two teams are.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Should be interesting today. The previous game the Pacers outplayed the Celtics but for a few dumb mistakes on their part, a missed time out, and two ball mishandling, they would have won the game. This doesn't speak well for the Celtics. Hopefully they play better tonight and have a better plan for handling the Pacers BIG man.

C'mon Celtics play as you should. JAYs wake up.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Need to see some improvement on the defense tonight. Game 1 felt like a repeat of some of the games in the series against Atlanta but Indiana are more talented than that team so f***ing around with them could actually lose the the series.

Reactions: pgm16

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
Need to see some improvement on the defense tonight. Game 1 felt like a repeat of some of the games in the series against Atlanta but Indiana are more talented than that team so f***ing around with them could actually lose the the series.
I thought our D was pretty good. The Pacers made a lot of tough shots, but I admit we could still be better for sure.

We could definitely lose if we don't play our best game (offensively and defensively) though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad