GDT: Bob Nicholson Press Conference 12:30

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Public vote of confidence in your guy.

Of course, the next question would be why he didn't just come out with Peter yesterday in this case.

It is interesting. Seems if he really wanted to give him a vote of confidence he would have held the presser with him yesterday.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
If Chia is fired why even have the Chia year end presser? So that the higher ups and untouchables can eat popcorn looking at it?

Not that that would surprise me.

Dunno. They still trotted out MacT to have him embarrass both himself and the organization less than a week before removing him.

To be clear though, I don't really expect Peter to be replaced in half an hour.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It would be pretty unprofessional of TSN to be speculating about Chiarelli being fired, if it just winds up being a donation for Humboldt.
If it was just for the services being held this afternoon, they probably would've announced the topic earlier this morning. Allowing speculation for something else while that event was happening would be pretty lousy. I'm thinking something's up internally.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
"The Oilers Entertainment Group is so proud to announce that we will be raising a banner in honour of the third anniversary of winning the Connor McDavid lottery. The banner will of the lucky pair of Canadian socks Bill Scott wore that fateful day and will include the numbers 5-14-6-1.

A lot of effort went into this great achievement and we felt it was only appropriate to commemorate this great achievement in light of Connor's back to back Art Ross Trophies. Please get your tickets for $100/seat to see it first hand next Wednesday. "

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Maybe he could be getting fired. Makes no sense to have another fluff press conference the day after chia gave us nothing tangible yesterday. Wtf would be the point of one the day after to say nothing again.
To announce the next scheduled press conference.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Probably just clickbait, but fingers crossed!
26a9f51d-a129-4528-bb04-94f699e4eb9d.png
I can't look at that picture and not think of him saying "Magma" while using his air quotes.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I hope something is said. I don't get the point of him having a press conference if it's just more "trust the process" bs

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I don’t understand the ruling out of a firing.

Chia got fired a day after his Bruins press conference in 2015.

It's happened a few times, but I'm like 60/40 percent sure it will be an extremely tone-deaf show of support.

I dunno. I'm hoping to high heaven here.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
"We need to buy more time. Does anyone know where they sell that ?"

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
Gonna go off the board and guess it's, among other things, an announcement of a jersey change. No demonstration or anything, just that they're looking into darkening the colours.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Debbie downer comment but If it was a GM change you would think a hockey insider would probably be onto it by now.

If they knew it wasn't, they'd also be saying that. Like, Rishaug would have tweeted "press conference isn't about a firing" or something to that effect.

Oilers Now is starting. I'll report back with what Bob says.

Reactions: Skar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad