GDT: Bob Nicholson Press Conference 12:30

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
True though, it will be the usual, we’re all evaluating etc. If it was Chia they wouldn’t have had him face the media yesterday

It is kinda weird I dunno. Unless they really hated his press conference. Maybe they didnt like the fact that he didnt really show any accountability and threw the players and coaches (but thats deserved) under the bus. Maybe McDavid watched it and gave Bobby a call and told him to make changes.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Part of me thinks maybe something is up. All of a sudden Nicholson holding this presser and just a couple days ago Stauffer had his puff of smoke comment.

Then the other part of me thinks it’s just all fluff and nothing will happen. It’s probsbly the latter.
Puff of fluff.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Probably just clickbait, but fingers crossed!
26a9f51d-a129-4528-bb04-94f699e4eb9d.png

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
It is kinda weird I dunno. Unless they really hated his press conference. Maybe they didnt like the fact that he didnt really show any accountability and threw the players and coaches (but thats deserved) under the bus. Maybe McDavid watched it and gave Bobby a call and told him to make changes.
It actually wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he’s holding this to back Chia, with how much flack he’s taken in the media, say they have a plan etc. and Chia is apart of it

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Part of me thinks maybe something is up. All of a sudden Nicholson holding this presser and just a couple days ago Stauffer had his puff of smoke comment.

Then the other part of me thinks it’s just all fluff and nothing will happen. It’s probsbly the latter.

I think the whole delay of the meeting, stauffers comment, chiarellis body language and the tsn headline referencing Chiarelli means theres a lot of confliction in the ownership/upper management. Its a weird sequence of events though. We will find out shortly.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Bob Nicholson:

I'm here to announce that we have a new general manager burger, it will be called the Peter Cheddarelli mushroom and bacon and will be sold at the reasonable price of 35 dollars. That is all, see you next season.

Damn, getting a burger is like getting tenure. I guess Chiarelli will get to play the long game.

Reactions: Slicknitty

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
It actually wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he’s holding this to back Chia, with how much flack he’s taken in the media, say they have a plan etc. and Chia is apart of it

Could be. We will find out shortly.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Instead of Oilers playoffs we get day by day press conferences which need to be date stamped to be distinguishable from any priors. No joke that I watched 5 mins of a Chia press conference yesterday before noting it was the November 2017 one..

So here we go. Our daily Presser which the astute individuals here demark as GDT's lol, that's great, and in which we see that the org hasn't even forensically audited how to position microphones, how to adjust volumes and have questions and answers even be audible.

A swamp rock act playing a Junior High school gym has better understanding of audio and mic'ing than this Billion buck org.

Reactions: iCanada

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So there's a ton of complaining from the usual suspects, but I want know:

What do you Want Nicholson to say? Honestly, I want to know.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Probably coming out to say that they discovered a loophole and can now reverse the Reinhart trade

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Instead of Oilers playoffs we get day by day press conferences which need to be date stamped to be distinguishable from any priors. No joke that I watched 5 mins of a Chia press conference yesterday before noting it was the November 2017 one..

So here we go. Our daily Presser which the astute individuals here demark as GDT's lol, that's great, and in which we see that the org hasn't even forensically audited how to position microphones, how to adjust volumes and have questions and answers even be audible.

A swamp rock act playing a Junior High school gym has better understanding of audio and mic'ing than this Billion buck org.
And people wonder why we're so jaded and cynical about the Oilers... Even the media wasn't impressed with that presser.

Not going to lie. I was watching the Jets game yesterday and felt an immense amount of pain from the fact it wasn't the Oilers in the playoffs.

Last year was so much fun and it feels like it was forever ago because of how bad this year was.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Grant Fuhr announced in charge of Minister of Finance.

Lowe finally officially adopts the Minister of Propaganda role.

Paul Coffey in charge of looking over Woodcrofts PP diagrams.

Gretzky (which one?) bumped up to the Katz suite in charge of forensic audit of the skybox food and beverages.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That bad, eh? Might be time for me to take a break and "evaluate" my fandom. ;)
This season was a huge breaking point for me. Without significant changes I might just stop watching hockey altogether if it's like this next year.

"We recognize that our organization has failed to ice a competitive team and realize that we have made too many mistakes with our important assets. We need a change in many places."

That would be a nice start.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Honestly for me, some type of reassurance that theres a plan in place combined with some rational/logical thinking. The whole way this thing has unfolded makes me think they're making stuff up on the fly and they dont have a plan in place.

Reactions: Slicknitty

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
He really cant fire chiarelli 1 day after his press conference. Were all getting excited for nothing.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
He really cant fire chiarelli 1 day after his press conference. Were all getting excited for nothing.
There's no rule where it says you can't. Could be that Katz didn't like his press conference and ordered Bob to fire him

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
And people wonder why we're so jaded and cynical about the Oilers... Even the media wasn't impressed with that presser.

Not going to lie. I was watching the Jets game yesterday and felt an immense amount of pain from the fact it wasn't the Oilers in the playoffs.

Last year was so much fun and it feels like it was forever ago because of how bad this year was.

So I'm guessing they're not going to announce viewing night parties at Rogers place for out of town playoff games this year..;)

Oh look at all these empty dates on the Rogers Place calendar. How many Tractor Pulls on ice can we book?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad