GDT: Bob Nicholson Press Conference 12:30

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Being 1/2 an hour away from the vigil, it'd be really classless if it were related to a firing.

My guess is he's announcing a huge donation or contribution to the Humboldt foundation.

Reactions: rickysusedsht

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I will just stick with my default position of assuming they will do something stupid. It’s seldom wrong and lessons the sting of higher expectations.

mintmint

May 6, 2017
TSN's headline for this originally said "Chiarelli out?" and now "Potential shake up in Edmonton?" I'm guessing this is going to be something substantial based on that.

Or Chiarelli isn't actually out and they changed it because of that. "Chiarelli out" is a much stronger headline.

Reactions: Aerrol

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
My gut is Chiarelli.

I feel like it would be the GM/POHO who announced the firing of a coach, not the President of OEG.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Yeah, I have no faith in this organization to do the right thing. If it's a coaching staff/GM change, fine, so be it, I'll enjoy being surprised. But this feels like more nonsense.

Yeah I don't see much coming of this.
Thought it might be Humboldt related due to the times lining up.
If it is Oiler news, it's weird and maybe a smidge inappropriate that they'd conflict with the event.

Anyways, we'll know in a couple hours.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Probably blah blah Forensic Audit blah blah Be patient blah blah the Fans will understand blah blah burgers

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
My gut is Chiarelli.

I feel like it would be the GM/POHO who announced the firing of a coach, not the President of OEG.
I don't think they would've let Chiarelli have the presser yesterday if he was being fired today.

Reactions: PulYou

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Weren't there rumors he was eventually taking Fasel's job with the IIHF? Maybe Nicholson is stepping down?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Nothing of substance will come of this.

Chia and the entire coaching staff should be fired but they won’t be.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Jets fan living in Edmonton, I come in peace.

Very odd move here, coming just 24 hours after Chiarelli's presser. If there's nothing substantive to report, why not just have Nicholson also appear yesterday alongside Chiarelli? Or why only announce the presser today?

I have to think something substantive is being announced, with somebody being fired very high on the list.

Hopefully all the way to the very top of the list.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
take this for what it is worth, I have a good friend who has had inside information before. Yesterday, he told me that Chia is out and the org were still undecided about Todd.

Does that mean we’ll be able to close the FireChia thread?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
My gut is Nicholson probably coming out to say the same things Chia did and saying he has faith in the plan.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I don't think they would've let Chiarelli have the presser yesterday if he was being fired today.

MacT did. I think they fired Tambellini basically on the way to his IIRC.

Could have also been the straw the broke the camels back. It wasn't a good PR showing for the Oilers. Bob Nicholson re-affirming his support would be just awe-inspiring levels of tone-deaf. Like, if they're staying the course, they need to shut up and go away for a while.

Reactions: Skar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad