Player Discussion Bo Horvat

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Boeser should be a mainstay with Horvat, with TT back. They have great chemistry, and it really allows Boeser to handle the puck more rather than be a passenger on the JT/Petterson line.

Reactions: supercanuck

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
They acquired Tofoli at the deadline which means they were happy with Bo in that role. Why not just move Gaudette to wing and acquire an actual 3rd line center?

Because magically acquiring an "actual 3rd line center" isn't something one can just do.

Acquiring Toffoli absolutely does not mean they are happy with Bo in that role. Not sure where you jump to that conclusion.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
You love to see it

mw9wzttyxcj51.jpg
I don't even know off the top of my head when the last time a Canuck scored 8 goals in the playoffs was. Kesler in 2011?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
This year is obviously a bit different since we are including the goals scored in the play-in games in the calculations. It's still a very impressive total. Score some more Bo!

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Despite all the TRAGEDY of the team so far this season our captain B. Horvat is CURRENTLY in 7th place in the ENTIRE league in points

Thats something :nod:

This. It’s pretty clear he’s a legit 1b. He’s not selke caliber but considering the heavy utilization and lack of other options he does a decent job. Beast in the face off dot, strong like a bull, excellent in the PP bumper spot, and has a surprising scoring touch. Plays like PWF but at center.

On a legit contender with good top 6 support and pmd, he’s probably a regular 70pt player. Hopefully that’ll be us one day.

Reactions: bh53

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
This. It’s pretty clear he’s a legit 1b. He’s not selke caliber but considering the heavy utilization and lack of other options he does a decent job. Beast in the face off dot, strong like a bull, excellent in the PP bumper spot, and has a surprising scoring touch. Plays like PWF but at center.

On a legit contender with good top 6 support and pmd, he’s probably a regular 70pt player. Hopefully that’ll be us one day.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
The Captain is tied for first in points as if this writing. Wow.

If Petey can bounce back, hopefully we will outscore our defensive woes this season.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I think he's definitely benefiting from teams cheating to take away the Pettersson one-timer.

Yep. Teams over-corrected for the JT Miller cross seam/QH pass to EP and now they have the Boeser/Horvat bumper play. I would expect team's PKs to adjust to this until Petterson starts converting from that spot again.

Reminds me of the WSH PP with Oshie in the high slot (but switched sides).

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Is it just me or does Horvat’s skating/speed randomly disappear during parts of the season. It’s like he’s injured and then a few games later he’s flying again like nothing happened.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
He needs a playmaker on his line. Pearson has 0 creativity and passing skills.
Pearson might not be that guy for the 2nd line if we want to be Cup contenders. Kopitar played beside Dustin Brown, Williams, Gaborik, and Penner which is pretty superior to Pearson. There's 1 more step this roster has to take to win games at ease, without working their butt off and using some more skill/IQ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad