Player Discussion Bo Horvat

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

Funniest part of it, is that he goes into Toronto to get the shot, and doesn't get recognized. The life of a west coast hockey player, nobody out east knows who you are. If he was a Leafs player it would have been front page news across TSN/Sportsnet for a couple of days.

Did... did you link the wrong tweet?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I guess the big question about Horvat is whether or not he's topped out as an NHL player, or whether there's still more 'upside' in his game?

I'm thinking that if he's gets relief from some of the defensive responsibilities and faceoff duty, that on the offensive side of the ledger there still might be more upside.

But I guess it depends on how the third and fourth line centers on the Canucks fare as possible replacements for Horvat's defensive work in his own zone. Because if you look at the record so far, Horvat's defensive performance has been a mixed bag. Good on faceoffs, but out there for a lot of goals against.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
I guess the big question about Horvat is whether or not he's topped out as an NHL player, or whether there's still more 'upside' in his game?

I'm thinking that if he's gets relief from some of the defensive responsibilities and faceoff duty, that on the offensive side of the ledger there still might be more upside.

But I guess it depends on how the third and fourth line centers on the Canucks fare as possible replacements for Horvat's defensive work in his own zone. Because if you look at the record so far, Horvat's defensive performance has been a mixed bag. Good on faceoffs, but out there for a lot of goals against.

Horvat seems to answer that question with this latest quote...

“Any time you have other lines that can do the job I’ve been doing, it’s going to help me for sure,” said Horvat. “To have those options is going to be huge. I have another gear, but it’s also playing that 200-foot game that’s going to help us win. You have to make it tough on other top forwards, and that’s also my job.” - Bo Horvat

If he has another gear, and he has more skilled wingers, could we see a 70 point Horvat?

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Horvat seems to answer that question with this latest quote...

If he has another gear, and he has more skilled wingers, could we see a 70 point Horvat?

I'm in the Yes camp on that one. Think Garland and a Hoglander who hopefully doesn't take a step back could do that, and even if he does then maybe putting Pearson or Podkolzin with Horvat could do it.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
As the team depth grows, Horvat should be able to shine even brighter.

He's my dark horse to make Team Canada for Olympics in a defensive role and then shine brightly as he takes over the ice against lesser opponents.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Remember seeing Bennett and Horvat go at it as rookies in the playoffs. Looks like Bennett ended up being the better player.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Remember seeing Bennett and Horvat go at it as rookies in the playoffs. Looks like Bennett ended up being the better player.
You are out of your mind. Bennet was a bust untill 6 months ago. We all know that 6 months of good hockey> 8 years worth of hockey.:sarcasm: You think Horvat won;t have at least the same points playing for the Panthers?

I know you are a known Gillis hater and just took shoot at him trough Horvat. You guys are becoming ridiculous. Attacking the former GM with the player he drafted , who is the captain of the team . Absolutly disgusting, despicable behaviour from a so-called canuck fan.
By your standard i guess: Hughes was a bust last year and Petey is a bust now. What is Jimmy without these players?

You know Jimmy is in trouble when his army is shooting all over the place.

Last edited:

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I know this market loves its squeaky clean, bland, goody two shoes captains but he will go down as one of the more boring and forgettable captains in team history.

Reactions: CherryToke

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3