Blues Trade Proposals 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I'd prefer Hoffman as well. He's a distinctly better scorer though he's slightly older.
Yeah, I’d like him for his ability to score on a more consistent basis. Age isn’t a huge deal working under the assumption it’s just for this year.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Which isn't an issue for a rental. I've always like Hoffman as a short term get.

Yeah, I’d like him for his ability to score on a more consistent basis. Age isn’t a huge deal working under the assumption it’s just for this year.

I'd like him as a short and long-term acquisition if it works out, especially as a replacement for Steen. Obviously salary's an issue, but if we're gonna pay the price it'd take to get either Kreider or Hoffman, it'd be nice to retain them as well.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The bolded isn't even true anymore. He may have played that way when he first joined the team, but he actually battles quite a bit now and some parts of his game are actually better than Marner, just not the one that usually matters most. Points.

I have no appetite to trade Parayko, but we could do a lot worse than Nylander as the main piece coming back.
Trading Parayko for Nylander is a move that could result in a better forward corps and a worse team. I don’t think it’s really the kind of move Armstrong is looking for.

If Dunn isn’t a future top-pairing guy, a LHD that can play big minutes has become the top priority.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Only way Risto makes sense is if Army is moving Faulk. I do think Risto could excel in a lesser, more sheltered role that we could offer, but at what point do we stop trying to shuffle the deck chairs?

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I would 100% make a Faulk-for-Risto swap, no questions asked. Shorter term, better cap hit, and he’s a guy that I think could actually benefit from being sheltered in a 3rd-pairing role here. Also getting him out of Buffalo probably improves his play measurably, just in of itself. He’s not good, but there’s at least some hope for untapped potential; Faulk just is what he is.

If that’s an idea that is being floated, I hope it’s the once-in-a-blue-moon moment of Eklund actually being right.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I could see Ristolainen being a Blue at some point, but there is no way that there is anything to what Eklund is saying.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If Petro does leave, Risto is one of the more realistic options for Army to target to keep that size that he likes in the top 4.

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
Why would we consider trading Sanford. He has been one of our better players since the break.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Man I will never figure out some of these mods. I posted this joke on the main trade forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Echeil to St Louis confirmed E7...

I'm hearing the return is Allen, Steen, and a 4th rounder in 2028.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deleted.... then I ask why it was deleted and THAT was deleted? are you not allowed to joke? lol everyone was joking about Buffalo and STL trading after the RoR deal

EDIT

Mod contacted me and his reply made sense, I get their point now.

Last edited:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Man I will never figure out some of these mods. I posted this joke on the main trade forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deleted.... then I ask why it was deleted and THAT was deleted? are you not allowed to joke? lol everyone was joking about Buffalo and STL trading after the RoR deal

I think it was due to the outrageous misspelling of Eichel. Has to be now that i think about it.

On a different note, who says no to a McDonaugh for Faulk swap? Was looking through Tampas situation a couple of days ago, and assuming they try to make a move to re-sign Sergachev I'd imagine unless they prefer him on his offside it could help balance out a position of strength for both teams with similar cap hits

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I think it was due to the outrageous misspelling of Eichel. Has to be now that i think about it.

On a different note, who says no to a McDonaugh for Faulk swap? Was looking through Tampas situation a couple of days ago, and assuming they try to make a move to re-sign Sergachev I'd imagine unless they prefer him on his offside it could help balance out a position of strength for both teams with similar cap hits

I actually spelled it right on my original post, I know since i googled it when I posted it :)

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I really think the most realistic way to jettison Faulk (if that’s the goal) is to make it worth Seattle’s while to select him in the expansion draft.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

EDIT

Mod contacted me and his reply made sense, I get their point now.
Eklund is a protected class around here. He used to be a poster, and when the "spam" was deleted years ago, it was for reasons that he was a poster and you can't bash posters. People do the same stuff with Dreger with how he'll sometimes seemingly throw stuff at the wall or shill for the Leafs, and that stuff is never considered spam.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
According to Eklund we’ve asked about Ristolainen....
Adding more context, he also mentioned that there could be as many as 5 players in the deal. Would obviously have to have Faulk going the other way, but I sure hope one of the other 3 is Reinhart.

Seriously, though, my first thought was Faulk and Allen for Risto and Hutton.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I really think the most realistic way to jettison Faulk (if that’s the goal) is to make it worth Seattle’s while to select him in the expansion draft.

You’re probably right, but given the fact that he’s getting paid Nine Million Dollars the next two years, I’d say it’s gonna take a lot for Seattle to bite on that. If he was playing well that would be one thing, but yikes, that’s a lot of money to flush down the toilet

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
You’re probably right, but given the fact that he’s getting paid Nine Million Dollars the next two years, I’d say it’s gonna take a lot for Seattle to bite on that. If he was playing well that would be one thing, but yikes, that’s a lot of money to flush down the toilet
True, but if he’s still struggling at that point Army is going to have to add a sweetener no matter what for someone to take Faulk off the Blues hands. It’s that, swap a bad contract, or retain some money in a trade. There’s no really great options when it comes to getting out of a bad contract and I think Seattle just may be the most relatively painless way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad