Blues Trade Proposals 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I don't think Toronto touches it. It might be a Nylander return but not Marner.
You could be opening a can of worms with that comment, but you aren't wrong.

If Armstrong is open to moving Parayko, then a deal around Nylander would probably make sense for both sides. But the Leafs dangling Nylander isn't going to suddenly convince Armstrong to make Parayko available.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Parayko's value is sort of dependent on his contract situation and if he ever hits a next level on offensive production.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I wouldn’t do it. Nothing about value but cap and we don’t need offensive help. We had a slump where we played poorly and had terrible goal tending, but we have been playing great without our best goal scorer.

Defense wins championships. Even if CP leaves as a UFA in two year, I would prefer to keep him

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I don't see why either side would honestly want to do that. I dont think it's a bad proposal by any means. I just don't think we can afford to ship out one of Pietro/Parayko and add salary while shipping out a guy who looks to be one of the few guys who looks to be movable to clear cap space for a Pietro extension.

I don't see why either team moves either guy individually either (Marner is a cornerstone for the leafs, Parayko is a very important piece of our high quality defense).

The value as others have said points our way. But adding a guy with that cap hit may be a little too much to feel comfortable about the swap.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If Steen would waive his NTC what would you add for Kreider with an extension?
Ranger fans sure seem to keep saying the guy is inconsistent. If the speculations are true and he going to get 7m, I want no part of Kreider past this season if Army was still interested.

Reactions: Blueston

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
If Tampa could get Callahan to waive for Ottawa anything is possible right??? Right??
Tampa got Callahan to waive because he was going LTIR with his back injury so it didn't matter who had his contract.

As for Kreider, I don't see how we could fit in his extension by just moving Steen out. especially given Petro is still unsigned.

Reactions: MissouriMook

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
There is a world of difference between Marner and Nylander. Marner is a genuine elite talent. I would really have to think hard about a Parayko-Marner swap. Nylander is a soft one dimensional winger who can be shut down with a mean look. Boston has demonstrated this not once, but twice! If ,Armstrong ever did a Nylander-Parayko swap I would personally come down from Canada to lead the riot!

Reactions: Brockon

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yeesh, Twitter is becoming more mouth foaming as the TDL is coming. Ideas of moving Pietrangelo.......

The Kreider hype is rediculous. Dude is playing well above his average and people are believing its who he is...."elite"

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Jr article said. Kreider <-> Sanford + 2ND round pick 2020. Well that pick is gone so maybe 1st round pick comes.

I'm fine with if Sanford gone. Hopefully its just later pick.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I wouldn’t move a 1st+ for any rental, and that includes Kreider. I think I’d prefer Hoffman anyway, but I imagine the cost would be high there as well.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Yeesh, Twitter is becoming more mouth foaming as the TDL is coming. Ideas of moving Pietrangelo.......

The Kreider hype is rediculous. Dude is playing well above his average and people are believing its who he is...."elite"

45 points in 58 games is elite? Who's saying this stuff?

He's scoring slightly above his career averages, but is about a 6 game slump away from going right back to his typical scoring output.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Kreider has been on fire the past 30 games, with 32 points and 18 goals. He had 13 points in his first 28 games. That's the exact player that Kreider is. He'll have stretches where he can just dominate and be that elite player, and then other stretches where he just doesn't produce numbers.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
There is a world of difference between Marner and Nylander. Marner is a genuine elite talent. I would really have to think hard about a Parayko-Marner swap. Nylander is a soft one dimensional winger who can be shut down with a mean look. Boston has demonstrated this not once, but twice! If ,Armstrong ever did a Nylander-Parayko swap I would personally come down from Canada to lead the riot!
The bolded isn't even true anymore. He may have played that way when he first joined the team, but he actually battles quite a bit now and some parts of his game are actually better than Marner, just not the one that usually matters most. Points.

I have no appetite to trade Parayko, but we could do a lot worse than Nylander as the main piece coming back.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
45 points in 58 games is elite? Who's saying this stuff?

He's scoring slightly above his career averages, but is about a 6 game slump away from going right back to his typical scoring output.
Just the annoying world of social media. I think his hot streak is all some are looking at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad