Blues Trade Proposals 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
WeWentBlues said:
One stop shop in LA with Toffoli and Martinez. 50% retention on Martinez.

I'd send a 2020 1st and 2021 2nd for both.
EDIT: Make it a 2020 2nd since Buffalo owns 2021 2nd

If you're looking for a "1 stop shop"; I'd rather look at Ottawa.
Pageau, Namestnikov, Hainsey and Borowiecki would all be decent fits for what we need and would cost far less than what LA's going to want for Toffoli.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
A lot of teams will want Dillon which will drive up the price. I can’t see that being worth it.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Im on for trade if we find stay-at-home dmen. Don't know whom are available.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Where is at Rob Hainey? 7th/8th dmen?

Anything to think about?

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Anything to think about?
From what I saw in Toronto...pass. a guy that can play minutes because the rest of the core is terrible.

This defense doesn't feel like it's a dman away from being good. Something with the group is off. The goalie is letting in a couple stinkers and the defense is being swiss cheese again.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This defense doesn't feel like it's a dman away from being good. Something with the group is off. The goalie is letting in a couple stinkers and the defense is being swiss cheese again.

Maybe guys need new reset to get spark. Something old, something new, but familiar, something like...

9c5ee4f0-e8b8-11e6-8ac5-cfdad62e9970_slick-4560-1485978785648.jpg

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I am not making any trades. This year has been derailed by the injury bug. Rather keep our picks and not over pay for players.

Reactions: mike1320

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

Anything to think about?

Unless he's taken a nose dive this year(and his stats do not suggest that to be the case); think a healthier Gunnarson.
Steady defensive play and a horse on the PK, but won't put up any kind of offensive stats.

There's certainly better players out there, but I'm intrigued by him as a very low cost rental(probably goes for a 4th or 5th round pick). My real objective would be to get JGP or Namestnikov. I think either of those 2 would fit better in Berube's system than some of the other names being thrown around.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Unless he's taken a nose dive this year(and his stats do not suggest that to be the case); think a healthier Gunnarson.
Steady defensive play and a horse on the PK, but won't put up any kind of offensive stats.

There's certainly better players out there, but I'm intrigued by him as a very low cost rental(probably goes for a 4th or 5th round pick). My real objective would be to get JGP or Namestnikov. I think either of those 2 would fit better in Berube's system than some of the other names being thrown around.
Hainsey works. Other cheap options might be Scandella or Del Zotto. Largely insurance depth, but we all know how important that can be in the playoffs.

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Need another lhd. Faulk needs to stay on the right side. Still would not surprise me if he gets moved, yes he has a ntc, but he cant be happy with his utilization. Ntc does mean he cant be traded just means he has to approve any trade. With injuries mounting to rhds around the league i could see him being shipped out for a pick and prospect. 6.5 is not bad for a 27 year old top 4 rhd, its just not what he is on the blues.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
There was a false alarm earlier about Blake Coleman going to the Avs. That’s a player the Blues should absolutely be in on, and try our absolute best not to be outbid on by a division rival. He would fit here so well

Reactions: ezcreepin

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
There was a false alarm earlier about Blake Coleman going to the Avs. That’s a player the Blues should absolutely be in on, and try our absolute best not to be outbid on by a division rival. He would fit here so well
Suggested him a few weeks back and I think he is a Sundqvist type player, gritty and can score goals at a higher clip than Sunny.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Tampa got Coleman. Glad Colorado didn’t.

But still, STEEP price. 1st and solid prospect. No way I woulda paid that.

Reactions: Blueston

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Tampa got Coleman. Glad Colorado didn’t.

But still, STEEP price. 1st and solid prospect. No way I woulda paid that.

His cap hit is $1.8mil this year and next. A guy that produces that much for that amount of money is incredibly rare, and incredibly valuable. That’s worth a 1st and a good prospect.

The only player that’s even close to that mix of talent and affordability is Brendan Gallagher, and I don’t think anybody would blink twice about paying a 1st and a prospect for him.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
I like the Coleman trade for both teams. TB needs to go all in on their core over the next couple years, and NJ committed to the continued build of their team.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
If Coleman fetched a 1st and a B prospect, then my guess is Toffoli will fetch a 1st and a A prospect and Kreider will probably get a 1st + picks and prospects. That is too rich for my blood and I'd much rather target a different free agent other than those 2 despite them being the best options right now.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If Coleman fetched a 1st and a B prospect, then my guess is Toffoli will fetch a 1st and a A prospect and Kreider will probably get a 1st + picks and prospects. That is too rich for my blood and I'd much rather target a different free agent other than those 2 despite them being the best options right now.

So Kovalchuk Thomas Tarasenko is happening?? :)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Coleman isnt a rental....he comes with term. So his value shouldn't have much impact on 2 rentals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->