Blues Prospects Thread 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
i think he would have been playing there all year, except they may have been expecting him to return to the US.
I checked his TOI for Omsk and for the 16 players who have played at least 20 or more games, he is averaging 11:51 which makes him the 4th lowest in ice time by only 40 seconds. Considering that, plus his point totals, I'm not too disappointed in his production. Sure, I would've liked for him to be scoring at a higher clip, but he seems to project as a prototypical power forward with good hands and a good shot. I'm just hoping that his quick decision making can develop quickly because I know that seemed to be an issue for him when he came over.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I checked his TOI for Omsk and for the 16 players who have played at least 20 or more games, he is averaging 11:51 which makes him the 4th lowest in ice time by only 40 seconds. Considering that, plus his point totals, I'm not too disappointed in his production. Sure, I would've liked for him to be scoring at a higher clip, but he seems to project as a prototypical power forward with good hands and a good shot. I'm just hoping that his quick decision making can develop quickly because I know that seemed to be an issue for him when he came over.

I would be more interested in see his splits. My guess is when they move him off the 4th line his ice time went up quite a bit. I would like to see his stats month to month. It always allows for a better understanding of what is going on with a player.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I would be more interested in see his splits. My guess is when they move him off the 4th line his ice time went up quite a bit. I would like to see his stats month to month. It always allows for a better understanding of what is going on with a player.
Idk when he started playing on the first line, but his TOI has been hovering around 11:30 for the better part of a few weeks. I could start to jump with more ice now, but I believe he has been limited for most of the season

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Idk when he started playing on the first line, but his TOI has been hovering around 11:30 for the better part of a few weeks. I could start to jump with more ice now, but I believe he has been limited for most of the season

Last time his TOI was around that value was on the 15th of January.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Last time his TOI was around that value was on the 15th of January.
Nice I just checked that out too. Since he's been given consistent and quality minutes, he has 11 points in 10 games (3 points today, 2g, 1a).
His current stat line for those 10 games are 4g-7a, averaging over 13 min per game and has 33+ hits. Seems to be pretty engaged, getting the ice time, and gettin rewarded for it. Pretty happy with how he has been playing so hopefully he can keep it up

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Nice I just checked that out too. Since he's been given consistent and quality minutes, he has 11 points in 10 games (3 points today, 2g, 1a).
His current stat line for those 10 games are 4g-7a, averaging over 13 min per game and has 33+ hits. Seems to be pretty engaged, getting the ice time, and gettin rewarded for it. Pretty happy with how he has been playing so hopefully he can keep it up

Is he getting any PP time or just 5 on 5.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

Count me in if someone can find this (game logs and/or splits). Even finding Kostin's ATOI is difficult. Seeing an average of ~11 mins is encouraging because it was down below 8 mins for a while.

Gotta love not speaking the language, I'd assume the stats we want would be easier to locate if we spoke Russian to look at Russian outlets.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Count me in if someone can find this (game logs and/or splits). Even finding Kostin's ATOI is difficult. Seeing an average of ~11 mins is encouraging because it was down below 8 mins for a while.

Gotta love not speaking the language, I'd assume the stats we want would be easier to locate if we spoke Russian to look at Russian outlets.
Well the KHL website lists his TOI and game logs. I don’t know if there are advanced metrics, but just a quick calculation should find the average TOI. The website, at least what I found, is in English.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Well the KHL website lists his TOI and game logs. I don’t know if there are advanced metrics, but just a quick calculation should find the average TOI. The website, at least what I found, is in English.

Can you share the link you're talking about? I came up blank on my study break when I tried to find game logs.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
So in KooKoo's last 10 games, Alexandrov has played 8 of them, but only registered 3 points, all assists. He's getting plenty of ice time as well averaging about ~13:42 playing on mostly the 3rd and 4th lines, however it's interesting to note that there are only 2 players who are above a point per game and the goalies have pretty bad sv%'s for the NHL's standard. Their goals for are 6th in Liiga at 98, but goals against are tied for 2nd best at 70. They're tied for 3rd best in the Liiga (idk what that means for playoffs) so they're not a bad team at all, they're quite good. Seems they are very defensive minded, so that may not be too bad for us. Ok that's it, nothing else to say

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
So in KooKoo's last 10 games, Alexandrov has played 8 of them, but only registered 3 points, all assists. He's getting plenty of ice time as well averaging about ~13:42 playing on mostly the 3rd and 4th lines, however it's interesting to note that there are only 2 players who are above a point per game and the goalies have pretty bad sv%'s for the NHL's standard. Their goals for are 6th in Liiga at 98, but goals against are tied for 2nd best at 70. They're tied for 3rd best in the Liiga (idk what that means for playoffs) so they're not a bad team at all, they're quite good. Seems they are very defensive minded, so that may not be too bad for us. Ok that's it, nothing else to say

Where are you getting the game info? I go to hockeydb and it only show he played 7 games. My guess is they are way behind in the stats upkeep.
Glad he is getting game time.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Where are you getting the game info? I go to hockeydb and it only show he played 7 games. My guess is they are way behind in the stats upkeep.
Historically, I have found Elite Prospects to be more current. I haven’t been as avid recently in visiting that site so I can only go off past experience.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I go directly to the team's website. Usually they have better info for Euro prospects plus they include ice time and more important stats that I'm curious about. Unfortunately I can't find anything that does corsi for Euro guys, but I think +/- is useful enough for those guys. Just a quick note too, KooKoo does this cool thing where they show the lineup for the game if you click on each game the team has played. You can see where they are putting Alexandrov in the lineup and what line he is on (could always change during game). I haven't seen any other team do that but it could just be a Liiga thing

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I was looking at data from Elite Prospects on Vadim Zherenko recently and noticed that he has bounced back and forth between the MHL and the VHL. Are these two leagues basically like the AHL and ECHL (respectively) to the KHL or is there is different pecking order. Does anyone here know for sure?

Also, I was surprised (for some reason) to find that he is only 19. I had no idea that he was younger than both Hofer and Ellis. For some reason I thought he was older and had been in our system longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad