Blues Prospects Thread 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Vadim Zherenko has been added to the Team Russia WJC camp roster.
You do a fantastic job when it comes to providing content on Russian prospects.

1) I thank you for that.

2) Do you have any update on Zherenko's play that goes beyond the stat sheet? He's a very intriguing prospect for me.

Reactions: Caser and Blueston

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
You do a fantastic job when it comes to providing content on Russian prospects.

1) I thank you for that.

2) Do you have any update on Zherenko's play that goes beyond the stat sheet? He's a very intriguing prospect for me.

Thanks. :)

As for Zherenko, I can't say I've seen a lot of him to make some proper judgement (I think I saw only something like one game since the start of the season and he didn't look too good that time), he got some decent raw tools like mobility, not a bad size, pretty consistent for his age, but let's face it: he is the type of a long-term goalie prospect who you hope will show a step-by-step progress and eventually in 4-5 years there could be something. Even here, although he has been called up to the camp, but unless there is some injury/covid stuff, he likely won't make it.

Obviously, if anyone here has some time, VHL games are available for free on youtube and Dynamo's VHL team defencemen are generously allowing like 30 shots on goal on regular basis, so be encouraged to make some more in-depth analysys.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011

As for Zherenko, I can't say I've seen a lot of him to make some proper judgement (I think I saw only something like one game since the start of the season and he didn't look too good that time), he got some decent raw tools like mobility, not a bad size, pretty consistent for his age, but let's face it: he is the type of a long-term goalie prospect who you hope will show a step-by-step progress and eventually in 4-5 years there could be something. Even here, although he has been called up to the camp, but unless there is some injury/covid stuff, he likely won't make it.

Obviously, if anyone here has some time, VHL games are available for free on youtube and Dynamo's VHL team defencemen are generously allowing like 30 shots on goal on regular basis, so be encouraged to make some more in-depth analysys.
Awesome, thank you so much!

Reactions: Caser

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis

Have you by chance seen any games with Kostin or Toropchenko? Just curious if you’ve seen anything, the vast majority of us can only stay watch.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Have you by chance seen any games with Kostin or Toropchenko? Just curious if you’ve seen anything, the vast majority of us can only stay watch.

Toropchenko looks very interesting, using his size around the net very effectively and it results in some points. Btw, recently he stated that he is 6'5.5" (197 cm), not sure if that is true, but he sure looks big.

Sadly, Kostin doesn't stop disappointing, he looks kind of lost on ice. Not easy to tell what's wrong with him, some say that while he isn't dumb at all, he is a very stubborn and complicated character, which makes it hard for coaches to work with him. Possibly giving him some more TOI could help, but he just doesn't really deserve it so far.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Toropchenko looks very interesting, using his size around the net very effectively and it results in some points. Btw, recently he stated that he is 6'5.5" (197 cm), not sure if that is true, but he sure looks big.

Sadly, Kostin doesn't stop disappointing, he looks kind of lost on ice. Not easy to tell what's wrong with him, some say that while he isn't dumb at all, he is a very stubborn and complicated character, which makes it hard for coaches to work with him. Possibly giving him some more TOI could help, but he just doesn't really deserve it so far.
Thank you! I really appreciate your input! In regards to Kostin, we might have a problem child on our hands. This is not the first report of this kind, either.

Reactions: Vollie27 and Caser

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis

It's disappointing to hear this about Kostin. Berube did a good job coaching up guys like Barbashev, Jaskin, and Blais in the minors, maybe he can get the most out of Kostin. I wouldn't want to come to the bench and face Berube after not doing what he asked on my shift!

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Granted, it's only statwatching, but it seems Matt Kessel is off to a really good start this season at UMass. He's currently playing either on the top pair or second pair of defense and in 9 games he already has 4 goals and 2 assists. This doesn't say anything yet, but it's good to keep an eye out for his development.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Granted, it's only statwatching, but it seems Matt Kessel is off to a really good start this season at UMass. He's currently playing either on the top pair or second pair of defense and in 9 games he already has 4 goals and 2 assists. This doesn't say anything yet, but it's good to keep an eye out for his development.
First I was like, Hmmm, Phil Kessell playing some random hockey league and in d-core and has produce that well. We should keep eye on his defensive game developement. :laugh:

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Hofer and Alexandrov. Some teams rosters (Sweden, Switzerland, and Khazakstan) still unavailable.

Hofer and Alexandrov were in the 2020 WJC, but they're both too old to play in the current (2021) WJC.

No blues prospects playing this year.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Really sad to watch wjc without any Blues prospects. Just say we've draft plugs or cool looking names.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
In Finland team has 11 players who were drafted 4th round or later. Ofc we dont know how they will develope, but our picks are laughable. They are like NHL21 draft. That man surname sounds cool.

I'm not saying draft only Finns, but damn could note amateur scouts job is horrendous last years. You can find gems later rounds.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
In Finland team has 11 players who were drafted 4th round or later. Ofc we dont know how they will develope, but our picks are laughable. They are like NHL21 draft. That man surname sounds cool.

I'm not saying draft only Finns, but damn could note amateur scouts job is horrendous last years. You can find gems later rounds.
It’d be nice if we had either better Euro scouts, or maybe trusted the ones we do have a little more

Reactions: Ranksu

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It’d be nice if we had either better Euro scouts, or maybe trusted the ones we do have a little more
Feels like we used to trust them more when Jarmo was here, but it never did much but lead to disappointment. I’m nit sure we can give them a lot of credit for Tarasenko since everyone knew he was a talent...just not willing to gamble on him coming over.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

We had low number of picks in 2019 and mostly took Canadians, particularly in later rounds. Not good recipe to maximize WJC representation. Doesn’t mean we drafted poorly last couple years (we may have, but that isn’t clear yet).

Reactions: Wovenhand1976

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We had low number of picks in 2019 and mostly took Canadians, particularly in later rounds. Not good recipe to maximize WJC representation. Doesn’t mean we drafted poorly last couple years (we may have, but that isn’t clear yet).
Well there is prospects who have been drafted 2020 and play these games now. I found it as excuse if you lack prospect who would get invited to wjc. Just shows who had success in +1 year after draft ofc it doesnt show everything, but gives you some stats where to look when comparing your picks. They still are best players of 2 year draft class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad