Blues Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
SEVEN PLAYERS ASSIGNED TO RAMPAGE BY ST. LOUIS | San Antonio Rampage Hockey

Bobby MacIntyre did indeed get invited to the Rampage camp.

Also invited were forward Stephen Perfetto (formerly played for Tulsa coach Rob Murray in Alaska) and dman Dylan Bredo (5 years for Medicine Hat in the WHL and 4 years for U. Of Alberta). Probably not moving the needle on either one of those invites but potentially they could earn Tulsa spots.

Last edited:

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
all the 2018 picks that are playing so far are off to a crazy start

bokk with 3 points in 3 games.
even like tyler tucker is killing it offensively

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
all the 2018 picks that are playing so far are off to a crazy start

bokk with 3 points in 3 games.
even like tyler tucker is killing it offensively

Add Mathias Laferriere to this list with 4 points in 2 games. David Noël (2017 pick) also started nice with 3 goals in 3 games.

Joel Hofer on the other hand looks like he had a bad start.

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018
Add Mathias Laferriere to this list with 4 points in 2 games. David Noël (2017 pick) also started nice with 3 goals in 3 games.

Joel Hofer on the other hand looks like he had a bad start.
wasn't Noel the guy with like a -52 last year?

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
It will be an interesting year for the prospects, as most of the guys that matter will be together in San Antonio (or Tulsa).

Bokk and Perunovich will be worth paying attention to as well. We’ll see if Bokk can maintain close to a PPG pace in Vaxjo, and if Perunovich is the real deal or a flash in the pan. Both of their teams are very good, so they should have all the support they need. They’re the best we’ve got outside of the pros by a pretty wide margin at this point.

I hope Toropchenko takes a big step forward this year as well. He’s got fantastic tools, but has frequently struggled to finish the chances he creates. We’ll see if he can increase his production, but he’ll need to do that by a pretty significant margin to develop into a prospect of significance.

All of our other guys in juniors are on the fringes, but big years from Tucker and Krag could put them back in the conversation (or in it for the first time, in Tucker’s case). McGing will be worth watching too, if for nothing else but the novelty.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Laferriere with another 2 points tonight, up to 8 in his first 4 games, looks like a much improved player from last season. Riding a high shooting percentage right now but his line has some great chemistry currently with Sokolov and Balmas.

That’s a pretty stellar line!

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Nice night for Joe Hofer last night. Swift Current sucks this year and it’s junior hockey, so I’d consider his .894 save % to be pretty darn good to start the year.

WHL Tonight: Hofer dazzles with 53 saves as Broncos pick up first win – WHL Network

Thanks, I was just wondering about him.

I also noticed Toropchenko has 3G, 3A +3 through 8 games. I'm a big fan of the way he plays the game. I was also a fan of Barbashev's game in many of the same ways. Toropchenko is going to terrorize the WHL this season with his size, speed, and tenacity. I think he could be in the AHL this season.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

I also noticed Toropchenko has 3G, 3A +3 through 8 games. I'm a big fan of the way he plays the game. I was also a fan of Barbashev's game in many of the same ways. Toropchenko is going to terrorize the WHL this season with his size, speed, and tenacity. I think he could be in the AHL this season.

OHL.

And while I like Toropchenko’s style of game, I’m not sure a guy with as little finishing ability as him will ever “terrorize” much of anything.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
OHL.

And while I like Toropchenko’s style of game, I’m not sure a guy with as little finishing ability as him will ever “terrorize” much of anything.
Thanks for fixing my mistake, I confused him with Hofer.

He plays with reckless abandon, and will destroy all of the smaller kids in the CHL.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

Agreed. He plays a very similar style to Miles Wood IMO. Fast, powerful North-South game, driving the net hard etc... with a dash of skill on top

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Agreed. He plays a very similar style to Miles Wood IMO. Fast, powerful North-South game, driving the net hard etc... with a dash of skill on top
My thought is his stick handling hasn't caught up to his skating speed, and not sure that it ever completely will. That's usually why he skates with the puck straight at the goal every time. He is actually very active and pretty good at tipping pucks in front of the net, so he's got the hand-eye. Even if he only ever amounts to a 4th liner against men, he will be a damn good 4th liner that is fun to watch.

At :45 in he tips in a goal on the PP.
At 1:50 he looks to just get on the ice and chase a breakaway.
At 1:20 he scores on a nice breakaway chance, showing decent hands, patience, and finishing touch.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Well Scott Perunovich is off to a torrent of a start. The guy leads his team with 10 points in 6 games so far.

That's great to see.
He had nothing through 3 games then had a 4 point game in his 4th. He's put up 6 points in his last 2 games too I guess.

Tied for the lead in the nation though he's played a game or two more than most of the other guys near the top.

Reminds me of when Jake Walman was leading the nation in goal scoring as a sophomore Dman until he injured his shoulder. That was insane.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Some quick hits on the other prospects:

Tyler Tucker has 15 points in 13 games and has also been invited to the Canada-Russia series (only playing in 1 game though). Great start for him.

Toropchenko's offensive game still seems to be atrocious, 6 points in 11 games. I know some on this board are high on him but I'd be quite concerned that a player with his physical gifts is unable to exert his dominance in the OHL.

Laferriere up to 19 points in 14 games. I don't follow the QMJHL at all but he's tied for the team lead in scoring so I'm guessing he's looking pretty good.

Bokk has gone a bit quiet in the SHL.

Noel's plus minus is only -5 through 6 games so he has some work to do to match his number of -53 last season.

McGing with 5 points in 5 games.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
He had nothing through 3 games then had a 4 point game in his 4th. He's put up 6 points in his last 2 games too I guess.

Tied for the lead in the nation though he's played a game or two more than most of the other guys near the top.

Reminds me of when Jake Walman was leading the nation in goal scoring as a sophomore Dman until he injured his shoulder. That was insane.

I listened to the Michigan Tech radio call last Fri, his 3rd game, and while he didn’t tally a point in that one they gave him 3rd star. They spent a few minutes on him in the recap, talking about having a rare ability to control a game, jumping into the play regularly & being constantly dangerous. They said that we’ll likely all still be seeing him play after his college career ends.

It was cool to hear that he stood out to much to them on a night he got 0 points, considering Duluth has 7 NHL draftees on their roster.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Anyone catch San Antonio games? Interested to see how Kostin and Husso look, because their stats are not ideal.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Some quick hits on the other prospects:

Tyler Tucker has 15 points in 13 games and has also been invited to the Canada-Russia series (only playing in 1 game though). Great start for him.

Toropchenko's offensive game still seems to be atrocious, 6 points in 11 games. I know some on this board are high on him but I'd be quite concerned that a player with his physical gifts is unable to exert his dominance in the OHL.

Laferriere up to 19 points in 14 games. I don't follow the QMJHL at all but he's tied for the team lead in scoring so I'm guessing he's looking pretty good.

Bokk has gone a bit quiet in the SHL.

Noel's plus minus is only -5 through 6 games so he has some work to do to match his number of -53 last season.

McGing with 5 points in 5 games.

Noel is injured. Team has won just 3 games this year and they are pretty ban. Leading scored is an overage dman which says a lot. He really needs to be traded to a contender to fully develop.

Reactions: PiggySmalls
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad