Blues Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Noel is injured. Team has won just 3 games this year and they are pretty ban. Leading scored is an overage dman which says a lot. He really needs to be traded to a contender to fully develop.
Yeah I know his team is awful, just poking some fun at his plus minus.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Apologies if I missed a discussion about this -- is Robert Thomas still eligible to be returned to the OHL and will he be?

I see that he is not playing. Have the Blues been on record about this?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Apologies if I missed a discussion about this -- is Robert Thomas still eligible to be returned to the OHL and will he be?

I see that he is not playing. Have the Blues been on record about this?
He's eligible to be returned, and that's where he would go if he doesn't stick.

As for whether he'll stick, that will be up to our next coach.

Reactions: Fantomas

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Perunovich on NBCSports vs Notre Dame now
Damn, sad I missed this. For anyone who caught the game: how did he look?

EDIT: well look what I found...

Full length replay of the Minnesota Duluth at Notre Dame from last night is up for free on youtube. Isn't the internet great?

Last edited:

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Kaspick and Poganski down to Tulsa. They’ve been not terrific, so that isn’t terribly surprising.

Another interesting tidbit is that we appear to be sharing Tulsa with the San Diego Gulls, Anaheim’s AHL team. Anaheim doesn’t have an ECHL affiliate, so they’re stowing about 4 guys in Oklahoma, which... bummer for them.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Sorry if this is a silly question, but I s this an indication he could be on the WJC team?

It is not a silly question and actually a pretty complicated one if we extend it to trying to estimate his WJC chances. Obviously he still got a chance, otherwise he wouldn't be invited at all. The situation is that he is likely competing for a 4th line wing role and, while he got some useful tools to bring to the table for that, the competition for this role is pretty harsh. To add to that Toropchenko didn't look extremely good at the Sochi U20 tournament in May and it doesn't look like he would be tearing up the OHL. So he would need to really impress at the Series to keep his chances alive.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Damn, sad I missed this. For anyone who caught the game: how did he look?

EDIT: well look what I found...

Full length replay of the Minnesota Duluth at Notre Dame from last night is up for free on youtube. Isn't the internet great?

I'm not gonna watch it. How did he look?

Reactions: Stealth JD

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Perunovich with a 3 assist weekend. 11 points in 8 games. Very solid start for Minn. Duluth.

Mathias L. Had a goal. 26 points in 21 games

Noel is still out.

Last edited:

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Its always a small heartbreak when a player realizes its time to give up on their dream. But he's a young guy and should be able to have new dreams and successes in other arenas. Just look at Panger. I wish him well.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Sucks especially bad because he was a hometown kid, product of the AAA Blues I believe and drafted by his hometown team. Just super unfortunate he didn't get to live out the ultimate dream.

Speaking of which, how many AAA Blues have played for the NHL Blues? I know both Stastnys, McRae, Butler, Bishop,. Anyone else? Was Janssen a AAA Blue?

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
One likely domino from the Opilka situation is that we are potentially back in the market for another goalie prospect. He should have been splitting time with Fitzpatrick in Tulsa this year.

We did draft Hofer last year, and oh man is he ever getting lit up on a much-depleted Swift Current squad. He’s seeing somewhere around 40+ shots per game so far, which is between 10-20 more shots per game than the other goalies we have in our system. The fact that he’s hanging in around .900 sv% is pretty impressive all considering.

As soon as next season, either Binnington or Husso will probably be in the NHL full-time, and the other one will be in San Antonio with Fitzy. Hofer will likely age out in the WHL before going pro, and maybe an overage year as well.

So it’s possible that we sign a guy like Stephen Dhillon who, for those that don’t remember, split time with Fitzpatrick in Traverse City two years ago. He is ready to take ECHL minutes right now if nothing else, he’s a big guy (6’5”), and he’s been through a lot of tough minutes in Niagara.

The better news is that the 2019 draft’s goalie class looks to be stellar. If we don’t have a first rounder this year, we should be able to get a really good one in the 2nd or 3rd.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
One likely domino from the Opilka situation is that we are potentially back in the market for another goalie prospect. He should have been splitting time with Fitzpatrick in Tulsa this year.

We did draft Hofer last year, and oh man is he ever getting lit up on a much-depleted Swift Current squad. He’s seeing somewhere around 40+ shots per game so far, which is between 10-20 more shots per game than the other goalies we have in our system. The fact that he’s hanging in around .900 sv% is pretty impressive all considering.

As soon as next season, either Binnington or Husso will probably be in the NHL full-time, and the other one will be in San Antonio with Fitzy. Hofer will likely age out in the WHL before going pro, and maybe an overage year as well.

So it’s possible that we sign a guy like Stephen Dhillon who, for those that don’t remember, split time with Fitzpatrick in Traverse City two years ago. He is ready to take ECHL minutes right now if nothing else, he’s a big guy (6’5”), and he’s been through a lot of tough minutes in Niagara.

The better news is that the 2019 draft’s goalie class looks to be stellar. If we don’t have a first rounder this year, we should be able to get a really good one in the 2nd or 3rd.
I would rather not draft one this year. If you draft one every year they stack up and you don't get enough minutes for all of them to develop. Every other year seems to work better logistically.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I would rather not draft one this year. If you draft one every year they stack up and you don't get enough minutes for all of them to develop. Every other year seems to work better logistically.
I don't know. They are all 'meh' goaltenders, only Allen has proven to be NHL caliber goaltender.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don't know. They are all 'meh' goaltenders, only Allen has proven to be NHL caliber goaltender.
I don't know whether any of our goaltending prospects will be NHLers. They are super hard to project. But they also require care and feeding. Husso's development seems to have been slowed bc he got caught behind Binnington and Copley and then last year's cluster. Would rather we help them reach their potential.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013

I would be highly in favor of us going early on a goaltender IF I thought we had the ability to develop them internally. I don't have much faith in our ability to do so.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Sucks especially bad because he was a hometown kid, product of the AAA Blues I believe and drafted by his hometown team. Just super unfortunate he didn't get to live out the ultimate dream.

Speaking of which, how many AAA Blues have played for the NHL Blues? I know both Stastnys, McRae, Butler, Bishop,. Anyone else? Was Janssen a AAA Blue?
Janssen was. Clayton Keller, Luke Kunin, Logan Brown, Trent Frederic, and Joe Woll all played on the same AAA team. There’s a couple others I’m forgetting. I think Chris Wideman player AAA too.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL

Janssen was. Clayton Keller, Luke Kunin, Logan Brown, Trent Frederic, and Joe Woll all played on the same AAA team. There’s a couple others I’m forgetting. I think Chris Wideman player AAA too.

was Maroon not an AAA Blues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad