Blues new goal song is awful

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
If anything needs to be changed, it’s that goddamn awful powerplay song and dance. Now that **** is embarrassing.

Come on bro, party like it's 1995.

The goal song it's pretty bad although in fairness I think I'd start to hate most songs if I had to listen to them 100s of times. The Blues definitely have one of the lamest arena DJs in the whole league.

Amberelise

May 8, 2010
Chi-town
If anything needs to be changed, it’s that goddamn awful powerplay song and dance. Now that **** is embarrassing.

Seriously, when did that stupid dance start? That did not exist when I lived in StL, and I cannot bring myself to do it when I'm at games. I was at a game last year with a Preds fan in our house, and he started making fun of the dance... I shot back that they had fang fingers, but is that really worse?

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Seriously, when did that stupid dance start? That did not exist when I lived in StL, and I cannot bring myself to do it when I'm at games. I was at a game last year with a Preds fan in our house, and he started making fun of the dance... I shot back that they had fang fingers, but is that really worse?
I had season tickets 07-09 and it was just starting, we were section 314 and I think it originated in section 315-316.

Reactions: Amberelise

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Bring back just the organ.

DUH DAH DUHHHHHHHH!

Organ is the only way to roll imo although I kind of like David's brass band idea.

Yeah our goal song is terrible and whoever ok'ed that should be replaced by someone who isn't an idiot.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
My biggest complaint is that it seems like a copycat of other teams chants like "Dallas...Stars". Our goofball powerplay drop pass is also a copycat. Let's be unique.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
My biggest complaint is that it seems like a copycat of other teams chants like "Dallas...Stars". Our goofball powerplay drop pass is also a copycat. Let's be unique.
Yeah it reminds me alot of the Rangers goal song, but obviously not as good.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Fang-fingers is 1,000x more lame. Even lamer than that is saying "Smashville." It's like a 12 year old kid is in charge of all marketing for the Predators.

"Hey little Timmy were making a new team for the NHL and..."

"DINOSAURS!!"

"Okay um they need colors and..."

"YELLOW!"

"Alright so they need a cool motto too and they will be in Nashville..."

"SMASHVILLE!"

"One last thing, we need something unique that makes us stand out when this team does something cool..."

"FANG-FINGERS! RAWR!"

"We got our team!"

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Fang-fingers is 1,000x more lame. Even lamer than that is saying "Smashville." It's like a 12 year old kid is in charge of all marketing for the Predators.

"Hey little Timmy were making a new team for the NHL and..."

"DINOSAURS!!"

"Okay um they need colors and..."

"YELLOW!"

"Alright so they need a cool motto too and they will be in Nashville..."

"SMASHVILLE!"

"One last thing, we need something unique that makes us stand out when this team does something cool..."

"FANG-FINGERS! RAWR!"

"We got our team!"

On average, the Predators fill the stadium beyond capacity. They compete above their merchandiseweight in sales and attendance vs market size, which is especially impressive being in the "south". They've created tremendous brand loyalty. I think some marketing firms and ad agencies need to hire little Timmy pronto.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
On average, the Predators fill the stadium beyond capacity. They compete above their merchandiseweight in sales and attendance vs market size, which is especially impressive being in the "south". They've created tremendous brand loyalty. I think some marketing firms and ad agencies need to hire little Timmy pronto.
upload_2019-3-27_12-32-4.jpeg

Also, you realize it's their winning that's doing all that right? Just like the Hawks before 2010 their stadium was empty unless they played a team that was close to them and well over half the stadium was visiting fans.

No need to be so uptight.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
View attachment 205371

Also, you realize it's their winning that's doing all that right? Just like the Hawks before 2010 their stadium was empty unless they played a team that was close to them and well over half the stadium was visiting fans.

No need to be so uptight.

In 2013-14, the Predators sold at 97% capacity despite missing the playoffs that year, and the year prior.

I realize you were making a joke. I think its important to bring up their success though when people go after them for how they market the team and how their fans react. People lose sight of the fact that outside of traditional hockey markets, or markets like St. Louis with a 50 year history, NHL teams have to do things to stand out and engage new and casual fans. Making a Predators or hurricanes game fun for non-hockey fans can help turn them into hockey fans. If that is chanting you suck, having a dinosaur for a mascot, playing duck-duck-goose after wins or whatever else Carolina is doing, I am all for it if it brings new fans or casual fans to the stadium.

Reactions: Amberelise

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
In 2013-14, the Predators sold at 97% capacity despite missing the playoffs that year, and the year prior.

I realize you were making a joke. I think its important to bring up their success though when people go after them for how they market the team and how their fans react. People lose sight of the fact that outside of traditional hockey markets, or markets like St. Louis with a 50 year history, NHL teams have to do things to stand out and engage new and casual fans. Making a Predators or hurricanes game fun for non-hockey fans can help turn them into hockey fans. If that is chanting you suck, having a dinosaur for a mascot, playing duck-duck-goose after wins or whatever else Carolina is doing, I am all for it if it brings new fans or casual fans to the stadium.
In 13-14 they were 18th in the league in home attendance.
Year before, 19th.
Year before that, 20th.
Year before that, 21st

Going the other way...
14-15, 17th.
Next year, 15th
Year after that, 8th (the year they went to the cup)
Year after that, 7th.

They never sold "over capacity" until 2 seasons ago when they were 100.3%. Barely over. And you are making it sound like they have always done it and do it all the time.

HUGE boom in ticket sales when they became a relevant hockey team. Not because of Fang-Fingers and "Smashville."

It's called a bandwagon. Just like the Hawks and every other team that wins afer being crappy for years. It happens, it's sports. The Blues will have a huge bandwagon too if they ever win or have a real shot and get to the cup finals.

You took what was literally just a joke about how dumb their marketing campaign is in a lot of peoples opinion and just had to get all super serious about it. We all know why the preds have a huge fanbase now... winning. There really is no reason to point it out. Its easy to see. If Vegas never made the playoffs last season there would be A LOT less VGK fans out there. Regardless of how unique their intro performance is or their marketing.

It was a simple joke. Just something to look at, giggle, and move on. Sorry I offended your precious Predator bandwagon. :laugh:

Reactions: Stealth JD

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
In 13-14 they were 18th in the league in home attendance.
Year before, 19th.
Year before that, 20th.
Year before that, 21st

Going the other way...
14-15, 17th.
Next year, 15th
Year after that, 8th (the year they went to the cup)
Year after that, 7th.

They never sold "over capacity" until 2 seasons ago when they were 100.3%. Barely over. And you are making it sound like they have always done it and do it all the time.

HUGE boom in ticket sales when they became a relevant hockey team. Not because of Fang-Fingers and "Smashville."

It's called a bandwagon. Just like the Hawks and every other team that wins afer beinf crappy for years. It happens, it's sports. The Blues will have a huge bandwagon too if they ever win or have a real shot and get to the cup finals.

You took what was literally just a joke about how dumb their marketing campaign is in a lot of peoples opinion and just had to get all super serious about it. We all know why the preds have a huge fanbase now... winning. There really is no reason to point it out. Its easy to see. If Vegas never made the playoffs last season there would be A LOT less VGK fans out there. Regardless of how unique their intro performance is or their marketing.

It was a simple joke. Just something to look at, giggle, and move on. Sorry I offended your precious Predator bandwagon. :laugh:
Why do you make reasonable responses to the points you make into personal comments, calling posters uptight, etc. I've seen you do this multiple times now. Can't we just have a conversation where not everyone agrees with you?

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Why do you make reasonable responses to the points you make into person comments, calling posters uptight, etc. I've seen you do this multiple times now. Can't we just have a conversation where not everyone agrees with you?
And here YOU go again wanting to join in where you have absolutely nothing to add but to call someone out. Hypocrite.

Try reading. It has nothing to do with who agrees. My post here was not quoting you or M of 1. But M of 1 just had to get some jabs in on me for a comment that literally had absolutely nothing to do with him. So I presented some facts and stats that counters what he was trying to "get me" for. And now here we are, and you come running in whining about something that had nothing to do with you.

I seriously don't know what I did but I can't even make a playful, fun, silly post around here that has nothing to do with you or M of 1. But I constantly get quoted and put down by you two. Seriously, hypocritical.

I see why you don't use the ignore feature. If you have nobody to troll you must get bored. :nod:

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
And here YOU go again wanting to join in where you have absolutely nothing to add but to call someone out. Hypocrite.

Try reading. It has nothing to do with who agrees. My post here was not quoting you or M of 1. But M of 1 just had to get some jabs in on me for a comment that literally had absolutely nothing to do with him. So I presented some facts and stats that counters what he was trying to "get me" for. And now here we are, and you come running in whining about something that had nothing to do with you.

I seriously don't know what I did but I can't even make a playful, fun, silly post around here that has nothing to do with you or M of 1. But I constantly get quoted and put down by you two. Seriously, hypocritical.

I see why you don't use the ignore feature. If you have nobody to troll you must get bored. :nod:
I'm not sure I could have illustrated what I was talking about in your posting any better than you just did.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I don't love our goal song, but I don't hate it. It's one of those things that, when you're in the building, you hope that the fans of our opponent that night get really f***ing tired of hearing that song. :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00