Blues new goal song is awful

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
In 13-14 they were 18th in the league in home attendance.
Year before, 19th.
Year before that, 20th.
Year before that, 21st

Going the other way...
14-15, 17th.
Next year, 15th
Year after that, 8th (the year they went to the cup)
Year after that, 7th.

They never sold "over capacity" until 2 seasons ago when they were 100.3%. Barely over. And you are making it sound like they have always done it and do it all the time.

HUGE boom in ticket sales when they became a relevant hockey team. Not because of Fang-Fingers and "Smashville."

It's called a bandwagon. Just like the Hawks and every other team that wins afer being crappy for years. It happens, it's sports. The Blues will have a huge bandwagon too if they ever win or have a real shot and get to the cup finals.

You took what was literally just a joke about how dumb their marketing campaign is in a lot of peoples opinion and just had to get all super serious about it. We all know why the preds have a huge fanbase now... winning. There really is no reason to point it out. Its easy to see. If Vegas never made the playoffs last season there would be A LOT less VGK fans out there. Regardless of how unique their intro performance is or their marketing.

It was a simple joke. Just something to look at, giggle, and move on. Sorry I offended your precious Predator bandwagon. :laugh:

Saying that marketing companies should hire a fictional child is super serious? Ok. I am sorry I offended you by trying to partake in a discussion. It is a discussion forum. It wasn't personal. If that offends you, I suggest you take your own advice and ignore me.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Honestly I the goal song has really grown on me, I like it. After seeing a game in person this year I thought it's a fun goal song. I will say though the powerplay music and "dance" is lame as **** but whatever.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
See to me I all I hear is something that sounds like cookie cutter bullshit from an expansion team. We are the St.Louis f***ing Blues. We have an intimidating foghorn that will shake your soul loose, we have towel man and we have an organ. Let those teams with no tradition sport that crappy goal song, we've got better, more established options.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
They need to bring back the organ...if only for Saturday games (or heck, Tuesday nights for all it matters) as the occasional gift to the old-timers. Maybe Throwback Thursday’s...how many could there be in a season, 10? Dress them in their thirds, rotating through all the previous eras and make a killing in merchandise sales...especially if the team makes an overdue Cup-run.

Reactions: shmotz and Ranksu

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
Tampa was my first home game this season. The goal song is a complete embarrassment. I hope they change it next year.

Since this is a thread for pointless complaints...

The Blues scored 3 goals against Tampa before towel guy could do his thing. When he finally did the count to 3 he only threw one towel. What a rip off. How did he not think to throw three towels? Place woulda loved it.

The sing along that is now apparently a tradition is also stupid but I guess if people enjoy it then whatever.

Reactions: stlwahoo

Foomp Dugan

Mar 29, 2012
Tampa was my first home game this season. The goal song is a complete embarrassment. I hope they change it next year.

The Blues scored 3 goals against Tampa before towel guy could do his thing. When he finally did the count to 3 he only threw one towel. What a rip off. How did he not think to throw three towels? Place woulda loved it.

The sing along that is now apparently a tradition is also stupid but I guess if people enjoy it then whatever.
People go to the game for entertainment. The best entertainment they can get is from the team winning. All the bells and whistles are just an enhancement. The fact that they only play the goal song when we score, and people still complain about it speaks volumes.

Personally im not a fan of the goal song at either. It’s just as bad as the PP dance. I wish they would go back to the organ/synthesizer from the early 2000’s.

As for towel guy, I’m told he buys his own season tickets, and maybe has to buy his own towels as well. If you’ll notice, after so many goals in a game, he’ll start throwing one out with a string on it.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I've been a rabid Blues fan my whole life but I still like the in-game entertainment. I don't understand how it got to where if you're a real fan you don't like all that crap! Really? I like singing Country Roads with 18,000 other people during a break in the action. It's fun. I go there for a good time. It doesn't mean I enjoy the hockey any less.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I've been a rabid Blues fan my whole life but I still like the in-game entertainment. I don't understand how it got to where if you're a real fan you don't like all that crap! Really? I like singing Country Roads with 18,000 other people during a break in the action. It's fun. I go there for a good time. It doesn't mean I enjoy the hockey any less.
I like the other stuff but the new goal song just stinks. Surprised how hated the powerplay dance is though.

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
The power play dance probably needs to go by now. Just change the song and that's that. But I will still do the power play dance for as long as it's around because that's us and so might as well do it.

alekseyk

Apr 28, 2013

Dude, was this like your fist game ever?! Towel guy never throws multiple towels, do you think dude is made of towels or something?! He is just a giant rabid Blues fan, who buys seasons tickets like everyone else, jesus christ this younger generation of fans can be a bit insufferable.

Goal songs in general are trite and need to GTFO and knowing we now have one makes me very sad.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Dude, was this like your fist game ever?! Towel guy never throws multiple towels, do you think dude is made of towels or something?! He is just a giant rabid Blues fan, who buys seasons tickets like everyone else, jesus christ this younger generation of fans can be a bit insufferable.

Goal songs in general are trite and need to GTFO and knowing we now have one makes me very sad.
He throws one towel per goal. With three goals in a little over a minute he hadn’t thrown the first 2 yet. It would have been cool if he’d thrown all 3 to ‘catch up’ in one fell swoop. It’s not about throwing MORE towels.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Yeah it's totally the "younger generation" of fans who are insufferable. I prefer the Blues stop making new younger fans and just all the "real" fans who know everything show up.

Wouldn't that be GREAT for the franchise to not have any new fans?! Man, that would be so awesome.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
the goal song has not grown on me one bit and needs to gtfo

hawks goal song > blues goal song

Reactions: Default

alekseyk

Apr 28, 2013
Yeah it's totally the "younger generation" of fans who are insufferable. I prefer the Blues stop making new younger fans and just all the "real" fans who know everything show up.

Wouldn't that be GREAT for the franchise to not have any new fans?! Man, that would be so awesome.

cool hyperbole of a response bud

alekseyk

Apr 28, 2013
You literally said "Jesus Christ this younger generation of fans can be insufferable." What other way is there to take it? Bud.

Well the few times I've come into this sub-forum I saw a poster complain that John Hamm was ruining his broadcast of a blowout in the third and now i see a dude complaining about the Towel Man as if he works for the organization and owes anything to anyone.

You tell me how i should digest that kind of trite bullshit?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Well the few times I've come into this sub-forum I saw a poster complain that John Hamm was ruining his broadcast of a blowout in the third and now i see a dude complaining about the Towel Man as if he works for the organization and owes anything to anyone.

You tell me how i should digest that kind of trite bull****?

1anfll.jpg

Reactions: MissouriMook

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Well I'd say our collective complaining skills are PO ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad