Blues new goal song is awful

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
Dude, was this like your fist game ever?! Towel guy never throws multiple towels, do you think dude is made of towels or something?! He is just a giant rabid Blues fan, who buys seasons tickets like everyone else, jesus christ this younger generation of fans can be a bit insufferable.

Goal songs in general are trite and need to GTFO and knowing we now have one makes me very sad.
Ha. Ok...

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
Well the few times I've come into this sub-forum I saw a poster complain that John Hamm was ruining his broadcast of a blowout in the third and now i see a dude complaining about the Towel Man as if he works for the organization and owes anything to anyone.

You tell me how i should digest that kind of trite bull****?
I guess it was a complaint, but really I thought it was more a missed opportunity. In case you didn’t understand, he didn’t throw towels for the first two goals so this would have been making up for that and I think the crowd would have loved it. I hope the towel guy was able to buy dinner that night instead the poor guy.

I’m probably older than you, though.

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
I'd prefer having the organ only, but if we absolutely must do a goal song, let's go full troll-goal song and use this:

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Wrong again.

Nothing is worse than Chelsea Dagger.

That's exactly why it is the perfect goal song. That song now causes me literal discomfort every time I hear it. If not for it being the goal song for our biggest rival, that song wouldn't do anything except pass in and out of my head without thought like any other standard radio song.

It's easy to chant along to for a crowd that is suddenly in a great mood and is annoying as hell to everyone else. That is the perfect goal song.

Reactions: shmotz

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
That's exactly why it is the perfect goal song. That song now causes me literal discomfort every time I hear it. If not for it being the goal song for our biggest rival, that song wouldn't do anything except pass in and out of my head without thought like any other standard radio song.

It's easy to chant along to for a crowd that is suddenly in a great mood and is annoying as hell to everyone else. That is the perfect goal song.
Existing songs to me would be better than one specifically made for us (unfortunately made for us) ...

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
yea hawks goal song is awesome. it gave canuck fans nightmares

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

I was at the Hard Rock in Orlando last week and that video came on. I almost walked out, that's how much I hate it. In a trolling sort of way I suppose it is "perfect," but I doubt many Hawks fans think "that goal song it awesome" for any reason other than how much their opponents hate it. I'd want something more than a song that is the embodiment of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

The best part is how worked up Ryan Kessler is about it. :laugh:

I have a VERY small amount of respect for the song now. At least I can think of how upset it makes him next time I have to hear it.

Thanks for sharing.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I was at the Hard Rock in Orlando last week and that video came on. I almost walked out, that's how much I hate it. In a trolling sort of way I suppose it is "perfect," but I doubt many Hawks fans think "that goal song it awesome" for any reason other than how much their opponents hate it. I'd want something more than a song that is the embodiment of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Every Hawks fan I know loves chanting along to it when they go to Hawks games. It has a 'college fight song' feel to it that is pretty easy to get behind.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
they better get rid of this turd song by next year, classic one was way better.

Reactions: shmotz

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
This is gonna be one of those things people bitch about but just ends up sticking with the average fan.

Personally as a Massive Urge fan, I’m 100% cool with it. Bands been an integral part of local music scene here for about a quarter century as far as I’m concerned, good homage.

Bluesgoal

Oct 18, 2018
People go to the game for entertainment. The best entertainment they can get is from the team winning. All the bells and whistles are just an enhancement. The fact that they only play the goal song when we score, and people still complain about it speaks volumes.

Personally im not a fan of the goal song at either. It’s just as bad as the PP dance. I wish they would go back to the organ/synthesizer from the early 2000’s.

As for towel guy, I’m told he buys his own season tickets, and maybe has to buy his own towels as well. If you’ll notice, after so many goals in a game, he’ll start throwing one out with a string on it.

Omg I'm the same way too. I really miss the sythensizer organ from 1996 to 2008. It just sounded so much louder and bold. Go on YouTube and watch clips from ESPN broadcast of how loud the sythensissr Blues go Marching in sounder. The sythensizer was computer tunes uploaded to it that was connected to the current organ and was automated. Jeremy is a great organist but the organ alone sounds weak due to the type of organ it is. The sythensizer is what gave it the rich sound. I miss the kazoo after the organ too.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
RMjQ8QX (3).gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad