Blues new goal song is awful

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Not saying the song is good, but it’s nice listening to it 5+ times a game.

Besides, if it’s annoying to us Blues fans, think how annoying it is for the other teams.

Reactions: The Note in MI

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
That song needs to go. it sounds like some PC based software mix abomination.

If we can’t have the organ and the horn, how about the opening seconds of When the Levee Breaks?

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I know I am in the minority here but the organ is cool because of the tradition but it just sounds old and outdated and if they are trying to appeal to younger fans I see why they are trying to come up with something else. The new song is okay. Not a huge fan but I don’t hate it either so I guess it’s whatever. I just want something that will jack the fans up after they score.

Reactions: TarasenkosForearm

MU_Beerman

May 20, 2004
Lets...go...blues, with eternal pauses has never really been a thing that worked, but I wish them luck

Vladiken Hitchsenko

Apr 17, 2015
I have been Blues fan now almost 20 years, and i have never been a huge fan of goal song. For defense of the song, I havent been at any game live. If I need to choose best goal song of NHL teams, I would go with Phillys Maria i like it loud.

Sorry for grammar and bad english.

Bluesgoal

Oct 18, 2018
Am I the only one who hates this stupid by The Urge song? Hearing it gives me the urge to vomit.

Anyway, I wish they would go back to the version used from 1996 to 2008 that was a computer recorded song that was uploaded to the sythenzier that was connected to the organ. That sounded A lot louder and more bold than the live organ or this stupid song.

Here is a great clip of it. in 2002 the Blues tried that stupid rock version of Blues go Marching in that everyone hated. That season in the playoffs against the Canucks they brought the organ back. Then in 2007 they did a stupid poll on the website that caused a HUGE uproar with the Blues getting their phones clogged up and countless emails about it.

The horn and organ used to be a lot louder too.

I want THIS back! Oh and fire Pleau!

Bluesgoal

Oct 18, 2018
The song is just terrible though. If anything bring back the rock version of Blues go Marching in. I HATE that too but sounds better than the Urge. I'd love if they went back to the synthesizer organ tunes of 96-08 like in the clip I posted.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
If the team were winning and scoring a bit, I think the song would become hated around the league. For that reason, I’m kind of liking it.

Fire Yeo, keep the song.

Bluesgoal

Oct 18, 2018
Bring the organ back! I want the 96-2008 version back after goals and well in general. The synthesizer version just sounded so good!

Bluesgoal

Oct 18, 2018
Why not play Blues go marching in normally and just play the Urge song a few seconds less? Goal from 1996 Blues go marching in plays normally followed by Gary Glitter. Blues go marching in shouldn't be butchered in order to play the Urge longer.

I like the automated organ better too! Especially when they got the digital sound system in 1998.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Why not play Blues go marching in normally and just play the Urge song a few seconds less? Goal from 1996 Blues go marching in plays normally followed by Gary Glitter. Blues go marching in shouldn't be butchered in order to play the Urge longer.

I like the automated organ better too! Especially when they got the digital sound system in 1998.

Weird. I watch that clip and think "Man, I miss Pronger and MacInnis." Others think, "Man, I miss that goal song." I don't get that.

Reactions: Stealth JD

Bluesgoal

Oct 18, 2018
Weird. I watch that clip and think "Man, I miss Pronger and MacInnis." Others think, "Man, I miss that goal song." I don't get that.

I miss them both! I prefer the Blues of 1990 to 2003 much better anyway. The team had identity and character. You had teams stacked with talent, HOF talent. Current Blues team besides Tank possibly isn't really HOF material. Maybe down the road Petro will be. Cujo, Stevens, Hull, Gretzky, Housley, Oates, Turgeon, Macinnis, Pronger, Fuhr, Demitra, Tkachuk. A lot different compared to todays Blues team. That team just need a lucky break and better goaltending in the playoffs at times and they would have had some Stanley Cups. This current Blues team isn't anywhere near cup talent.

I miss everything about 1990-2003 era Blues. yea, the goal song of 96-2008 is a lot better I think. With the synthesizer connected to the organ playing the automated tunes is sounded so much louder. The live organ isn't as loud because the organ isn't really made for a large arena but a church type organ. The synthesizer made it sound a lot rich and louder. The organ and fog horn also sounded louder too back then. THe organ and horn would make the seats vibrate too. Now nowhere near as loud. My understanding is the NHL now has rules regarding how loud the foghorns and music can be. I read an article a few years back about it. Around 2002 is when it got less loud along with most of the other teams as well.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
Before I went to bed I remembered some vital information.

This goal song blows. My opinion hasn’t changed since I heard it live in the last minutes of our home opener blowout vs Winnipeg.

Remember especially during the playoffs when we’d score and they’re about to drop the puck again at center ice? That little “dun dun dunnn” from the organ (ya u know... THAT one)? How loud that Lets Go Blues chant gets? Or even better if you’re there and how satisfying it is to yell? Nah not anymore. In two weeks we’re yellin “ohwaohhhhh ohwaohhhhh HEY HEY”.

I hate this goal song so much it makes me want to rip my hair out. Just my luck we’ll probably win a cup with it too.

Goodnight.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Before I went to bed I remembered some vital information.

This goal song blows. My opinion hasn’t changed since I heard it live in the last minutes of our home opener blowout vs Winnipeg.

Remember especially during the playoffs when we’d score and they’re about to drop the puck again at center ice? That little “dun dun dunnn” from the organ (ya u know... THAT one)? How loud that Lets Go Blues chant gets? Or even better if you’re there and how satisfying it is to yell? Nah not anymore. In two weeks we’re yellin “ohwaohhhhh ohwaohhhhh HEY HEY”.

I hate this goal song so much it makes me want to rip my hair out. Just my luck we’ll probably win a cup with it too.

Goodnight.

If that's your luck, sign me up! I'll take a St Louis Blues cup win with them playing Chelsea f***ing Dagger after each of our goals, if that's all it takes!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad