Blues new goal song is awful

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I dont hate it, but with horn-Organ-song.....seems like too much and feels forced. Similar to CBJs

You can tell they are trying to get the crowd involved similar to Islanders/Rangers

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
A little too long which leads it to be a touch repetitive. Agree with @Dbrownss that the horn and saints go marching before the song even starts is a bit much. I don't think its bad enough for such vehement hate though. Then again, I live 500 miles away, so I won't hear it in person often. I am usually rewinding to watch the goal again after we score, and than fast forward back to the face off. It is cool they are trying to get the fans involved, but, yeah, it does feel a bit forced. I say give it time and see how fans take to it. Then quietly make a change again if its not getting the intended effect.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
First, don't mess with tradition. The organ now sounds hurried down there just to play that song. Second, I've barely heard it down there as the crowd is still cheering and loud, so it drowns out an otherwise unremarkable song. I hope they go back to the old style. It was a nice try, but less people are in favor of it or don't care than those who don't like it and want it gone. At least that is my poll around my seats for all of two games.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm not sure if I'd mind for them to move on from the Organ, but they'd need to do something that is very similar.....like an evolution of it. I dont know exactly which way to go though. Tradition is fine too, but nothing wrong with exploring other avenues.

Mar 6, 2012
Yeah, it's bad. It's like they took a jock jams CD from 1997, and put every song into a computer and averaged them out into a bland mass of generic BS and this is what came out of the other side.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I like it, it’s annoying enough that opposing fans will hate it like we hate Chelsea dagger. It’s catchy enough you can’t help but woo along with it. And the let’s go blues part is interactive and has potential to be cacophonous in a playoff setting.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I like the new goal song. Perfect blend of introducing something new and keeping the tradition of the organ.

Reactions: shmotz

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I like it, it’s annoying enough that opposing fans will hate it like we hate Chelsea dagger. It’s catchy enough you can’t help but woo along with it. And the let’s go blues part is interactive and has potential to be cacophonous in a playoff setting.
Our counting off the goals annoys the players and the fans of the opposing team much more than a song that you can't even really hear playing due to the cheering and noise after a goal.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Our counting off the goals annoys the players and the fans of the opposing team much more than a song that you can't even really hear playing due to the cheering and noise after a goal.

Speaking of the counting the goals, I haven't heard them do that this year (but haven't been to a game so not sure). Are they still doing this?

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Who’s going around peeing in everybody’s cheerios? It’s a freaking goal song, it’s not supposed to be Stairway to Heaven. It’s catchy, you don’t need to know the words, and it has a local flavor. It will grow on people. I honestly can’t even think of the melody off the top of my head because we’re TWO GAMES INTO THE SEASON. This is a really dumb thing to be mad about.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Who’s going around peeing in everybody’s cheerios? It’s a freaking goal song, it’s not supposed to be Stairway to Heaven. It’s catchy, you don’t need to know the words, and it has a local flavor. It will grow on people. I honestly can’t even think of the melody off the top of my head because we’re TWO GAMES INTO THE SEASON. This is a really dumb thing to be mad about.
Ultimately it matters if people have fun with it. I applaud them for trying new things.

Heck look at the Hurricanes and Storm surge....that's dumb AF...but it's their thing and I wouldn't want them to stop it. Try new things to get the fans involved.

As you said, its 2 games, and I havnt really got a good read on it during the games. Hearing it in isolation doesn't capture the atmosphere it can create. Heck, listening to the organ outside of a game is brutal sounding.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
The Blues have tried many things over the years. Some stuck, others died in a heartbeat. I can remember years back in the old barn, they brought in a live band to play. If I recall, their first song was a Journey cover and they were booed so strongly that they left and never came back that game. They brought in a trumpet player named Claude and he played at the playoff games and it was a huge hit and he came back the next year.

The thing is that they try things, some work, some don't. In this case, they had an excellent goal song. Last year they added in Seven Nation Army, and it took off as people would chant along with it. Now they messed around with it and I personally don't think it fits. Will I sing along if they keep it? Nope. We are too busy jumping around and high fiving with our neighbors to really pay attention after a goal anyway. If you asked a majority of the people down there for the two games they probably wouldn't even realize that they played a song outside the traditional organ music.

The entire in-game music has really changed over the years. This season, the bass is turned up so loud, you can feel in in your gut. It is really too loud that you can't even have a conversation with the folks around you without screaming at the top of your lungs. They always seem to over estimate the sound levels for them music at the beginning of the season and then fix it fairly quickly. But some of the music choices just don't seem to be the kind that 1) people recognize 2) get people fired up.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00