Blues new goal song is awful

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I recommend doing what I did tonight and sending them a email and a tweet to let them know to stop trying to mess with tradition. There was nothing wrong with what we had, NOBODY was asking for a change. If that is going to be our goal song moving forward, I hope we get shutdown at home every game.
Wrong again.

Bluesgoal

Oct 18, 2018
The horn is louder too. Love that clip.

Yep. Well there are a few reasons why I think. First, ESPN, ABC had EXCELLENT audio and video. It was like sitting inside the arena. I loved pumped the volume up loud on ESPN when living in FL and watching a Blues game. Second a few years ago I read an article about the NHL setting rules in place regarding noise level in regards to music and how loud the horns could be. I notice a lot of teams horns don't sound as loud anymore. Buffalo and Dallas used to have very loud foghorns.

Also, that clip has the synthesizer connected to the organ which enhances the sound of the organ and makes it sound louder and bold. It was recorded tunes uploaded to the synthesizer made on a computer that was then connected to the organ.

What you hear now is just straight organ from Jeremy without the synthesizer connected to it. That is why it sounds so soft and weak now. That organ isn't made for an arena type setting. It's a church type organ.

I really would like the Blues to go back to the synthesizer though. That clip just sounds so much better after a goal. Nothing against Jeremy but that just sounds so much better. And turn the horn volume too. What a bunch of wimps.

Reactions: shmotz

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
espn > nbc. even redwing homer announcers were more tolerable than crap NBC has thrown for our games thus far

Bluesgoal

Oct 18, 2018
espn > nbc. even redwing homer announcers were more tolerable than crap NBC has thrown for our games thus far

Oh I totally agree. The whole NBC sports, Versus, OLN thing has been a farce since 2005. I also hate how they drown out and distort the arena noise as well especially after goals on NBC.

Just bring back ESPN/ABC/Fox Sports national coverage. ESPN/ABC announcers also had to pause usually when the horn and organ went off after a goal because it was so loud. How can ESPN in 2001 have better video and audio than NBC and Fox Sports Midwest has currently?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad