Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Dubai

I've gone a few times and every time it grows.

It's a city coming out of the desert. Literally.

Driving from Abu Dabi it is impressive.

The only other planned city I know of, I live in - Phoenix.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Dubai

I've gone a few times and every time it grows.

It's a city coming out of the desert. Literally.

Driving from Abu Dabi it is impressive.

The only other planned city I know of, I live in - Phoenix.
Sorry,

Meaning the streets are perpendicular. 1 mile apart for major roads. It's too good to be true. Not many accidents.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
One time I saw a full rainbow.

Complete circle.

I was at the top of an aircraft carrier with a storm in the distance.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
One time I saw a thousand dolphins feeding.

Northern Arabian Sea

The carrier pulled a quick turn, churned up a lot I guess...

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
One time I saw a Chinese gang fight in NYC

I was living in Manhattan (E. 8th St) and walking home drunk from Bleeker St. at around 2 or 3am.

As I turned a street i hear commotion. So I listen up and watch. I stay on the opposite street side of the commotion.

When I get close to a pool hall all hell breaks loose. I saw it coming, so I just sit down on the curb and light a smoke.

Two Asian gangs fighting. I saw round houses, a guy flying through the air kicking, etc. It was freakin awesome.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Motorcycle gang

One time I tried to fight a Japanese mototcycle gang

I was living in Minami-Rinkan. Active duty military. I put my two little kids to sleep and just then a Bozo enters our neighborhood.

A Bozo is the minor leagues to Yakusa.

Bozos travel 30-50 deep. They have loud bikes and don't stop at red lights. You can hear them coming, everyone makes way.

So I go on my back deck pleased that I put the girls down and a Bozo comes in the neighborhood. Motorcycle with a bad muffler is what I call it.

My wife looks at me and says, "If I was a man, I wouldn't take this."

Enough for me...

I corner the biker on a small road. He comes up to me fast and I stop him and then started at him. Tried to punch him in the face.

He retreated quickly and yelled to his friends in the park. There were at least 30 of them.

I remember walking down the middle of the street telling them they were about to get an old fashioned American ass whooping.

I want all of you!!!

They dispersed like roaches. I saw a van driving away into a forest...

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
We've always done it that way

A group of monkeys is put in a large cage with a ladder in the middle. At the top of the ladder there are a bunch of bananas.

The alpha male eventually climbs the ladder and that's when he and all of the monkeys get sprayed with a high powered hose. No one gets bananas, but all are punished.

Take a monkey out of the cage and replace him with a new one. He tries to go up the ladder and everyone beats the shit out of him.

Do this enough times and there are no more monkeys that have ever been sprayed with a power hose.

The power hose was removed long ago, yet monkeys are still teaching each other not to climb the ladder.

Humans act and respond the same way...

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Chicago

One time we brought 20-30 pledges from WashU to Northwestern. SAE. Sheridan Drive in Evanston.

After going to our National Headquarters and getting our pledges indoctrinated, it was party time!!!

Rush and Division. Mothers. We drank places out. We'd go into a bar and finish whatever we wanted. Gold Shlogger, Crown Royal, etc. Just to see how long it would take with 50 brothers.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
One time my buddy won 5th place in Mr. Chicago. It was a body building competition and he was only 19. He was going to DePaul. I was proud of him..

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
One time my buddy won 5th place in Mr. Chicago. It was a body building competition and he was only 19. He was going to DePaul. I was proud of him..

One time I was driving home from camping with buddies and my friends wrapped themselves around a tree with their Mustang 5.0.

A passenger was 5th place Mr. Chicago. A paramedic asked him if his legs were swollen and cut his clothes away thinking he had internal bleeding lol.

He could squat half a ton.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Saved the best for last

One time I saw a guy slit another guys throat.

I was working as a telemarketer. Watson Road. Calling people in the 90s. It was a thing back then....

Two black guys. One old, one young.

Young one yells out to the manager that old guy is having another cigarette. We used to able to smoke indoors at work.

Well the old man gets mad. Says why do you care if I smoke? The kid keeps yelling for the manager. I can hear it today, "Bonnie, Bonnie, he's smoking another one."

The old man puts out his smoke. Sits down at his computer. I'm watching intently as he says eff it out loud.

He stands up and pulls out a butterfly knife.

Walks behind the kid, plants his feet and slits the boys throat.

The kid fell back in his chair to the ground. The older man then started hacking on him with his knife.

It was horrible.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Well that escalated quickly.

I'll get us past it by talking about my German Shepherd puppy. I got him in late April and he's just over 4 months old now. His name is Teddy and he's already roughly the size of a small pony but he thinks he can totally still fit on my lap. I now walk around my house asking him, "Who's daddy's boo berry?" amongst other ridiculous baby talk.

He's a bit mouthy atm and I have holes in my hands and forearms from his mouth full of piranha teeth. My wife keeps saying, "You need to stop him from doing that!" and I make excuses for him like a battered spouse. "I know he bites me but he loves me and gives me kisses!". Its only me that he treats like a chew toy, he's really good with my kids and my wife.

This is my first dog and it makes me feel really happy that I made the decision to make him a part of our family. So thank you Teddy for filling that hole in my heart that I didn't even know I had.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Saved the best for last

One time I saw a guy slit another guys throat.

I was working as a telemarketer. Watson Road. Calling people in the 90s. It was a thing back then....

Two black guys. One old, one young.

Young one yells out to the manager that old guy is having another cigarette. We used to able to smoke indoors at work.

Well the old man gets mad. Says why do you care if I smoke? The kid keeps yelling for the manager. I can hear it today, "Bonnie, Bonnie, he's smoking another one."

The old man puts out his smoke. Sits down at his computer. I'm watching intently as he says eff it out loud.

He stands up and pulls out a butterfly knife.

Walks behind the kid, plants his feet and slits the boys throat.

The kid fell back in his chair to the ground. The older man then started hacking on him with his knife.

It was horrible.
giphy.gif

Reactions: TK 421

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO

I'll get us past it by talking about my German Shepherd puppy. I got him in late April and he's just over 4 months old now. His name is Teddy and he's already roughly the size of a small pony but he thinks he can totally still fit on my lap. I now walk around my house asking him, "Who's daddy's boo berry?" amongst other ridiculous baby talk.

He's a bit mouthy atm and I have holes in my hands and forearms from his mouth full of piranha teeth. My wife keeps saying, "You need to stop him from doing that!" and I make excuses for him like a battered spouse. "I know he bites me but he loves me and gives me kisses!". Its only me that he treats like a chew toy, he's really good with my kids and my wife.

This is my first dog and it makes me feel really happy that I made the decision to make him a part of our family. So thank you Teddy for filling that hole in my heart that I didn't even know I had.

Congrats on your new sidekick! Since this is your first dog, I'll recommend you reading "The Other End of the Leash" by Animal Behaviorist Patricia B. McConnell. It's an interesting read that centers around how we influence our dogs behavior. I read a lot of stuff when I got my first dog. A male lab/boxer mix that was 100lbs fully grown. This was by far the most beneficial book I read.

Oh, and your wife is right. Be consistent in training and don't allow him to use you as a chew toy.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’ve seen things you People wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Congrats on your new sidekick! Since this is your first dog, I'll recommend you reading "The Other End of the Leash" by Animal Behaviorist Patricia B. McConnell. It's an interesting read that centers around how we influence our dogs behavior. I read a lot of stuff when I got my first dog. A male lab/boxer mix that was 100lbs fully grown. This was by far the most beneficial book I read.

Oh, and your wife is right. Be consistent in training and don't allow him to use you as a chew toy.

Thank you!

Teddy's mom is a 100 lb linebacker named Gretel who looks like Rin Tin Tins scary cousin and could stand in as a dragon in a fantasy film. She big.

His dad is named Max and he's also huge but a little more svelte at 90 lbs. So we're expecting a 90+lb dog when he's done filling out around 3 years old.

The biting thing was mostly tongue-in-cheek, I've gotten that under control recently thank goodness and he has a sweet temperament that made course correction there pretty easy. He's really vocal and does a soft whine combined with a wet nose boop to wake me up in the morning at 6:30 every day. I used to hate getting up that early but now I look forward to just sitting on my back deck watching him play for an hour before I get ready for work.

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Thank you!

Teddy's mom is a 100 lb linebacker named Gretel who looks like Rin Tin Tins scary cousin and could stand in as a dragon in a fantasy film. She big.

His dad is named Max and he's also huge but a little more svelte at 90 lbs. So we're expecting a 90+lb dog when he's done filling out around 3 years old.

The biting thing was mostly tongue-in-cheek, I've gotten that under control recently thank goodness and he has a sweet temperament that made course correction there pretty easy. He's really vocal and does a soft whine combined with a wet nose boop to wake me up in the morning at 6:30 every day. I used to hate getting up that early but now I look forward to just sitting on my back deck watching him play for an hour before I get ready for work.

Glad to hear it was tongue-in-cheek. Isn't it interesting how they change your outlook on things like waking up early.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

German Shepherds are the best. I lost mine suddenly right after the first of the year (she was 11) and I'm still not over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad