Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I want any coach that this hfboard doesn't want honestly.... everyone here wanted Keefe, dubas, shanny and look how they turned out.. oh and Babcock, remember the hype on here..... fans are so dam clueless ... so hope we get someone that ppl here Don't want
So who’s your choice? Or are you putting yourself in that same category?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I’m praying Jon cooper gets let go lol( high hopes). He would be the ideal coach for the leafs. I feel that Tampa bay lighting’s team is similar built to the leafs and he was able to get them some cups .

How on earth were those championship Lightning teams "similar built to the Leafs?"

Those clubs had world class goaltending, an outstanding and versatile defense corps and all kinds of depth and character up front.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Prefer they bring in someone with at least an ounce of hockey knowledge.

Give him credit though, he’s made a living off of yelling and knowing nothing.

I’d say more didn’t want Dubas than did.
His fan club just overwhelms the board with redundancy that it makes it seem like there are a lot more of them.
I wasn't on HF Leafs much back then. The other Leafs forum I was on, I was certainly in the minority of those who didn't want Dubas. I was also starting to realize how soft these players are and that didn't go over well either

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He didn’t turn a blind eye, he was told by his boss that they were aware and would do the right thing.

Why didn’t Patrick Kane do his own investigation or call the cops himself? See how ridiculous that expectation is?
If Q is/was innocent why can’t he coach in the NHL anymore? Because he’s not innocent and has admitted he could have did something……..

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wasn't on HF Leafs much back then. The other Leafs forum I was on, I was certainly in the minority of those who didn't want Dubas. I was also starting to realize how soft these players are and that didn't go over well either
Yeah it was mostly split, no where ‘everybody wanted Dubas’ like some are claiming.

I do think some wanted Dubas because they didn’t want Lou or Hunter. Many didn’t want any of them, including me.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Yeah it was mostly split, no where ‘everybody wanted Dubas’ like some are claiming.

I do think some wanted Dubas because they didn’t want Lou or Hunter. Many didn’t want any of them, including me.
Of the lot I wanted Hunter and it wasn't particularly close. I'd still love to bring him in instead of Tre. Hearing a lot on NHL radio and some podcasts that Mark Hunter may come back as an assistant to Lou in NY, or get the CBJ job

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Of the lot I wanted Hunter and it wasn't particularly close. I'd still love to bring him in instead of Tre. Hearing a lot on NHL radio and some podcasts that Mark Hunter may come back as an assistant to Lou in NY, or get the CBJ job
Hunters are very knowledgeable hockey men but for me I wanted experience. Lou if younger would have been a great choice but he was a little long in the tooth for me.

Reactions: egd27 and JKG33

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Todd moved up a lot +185 now

Screenshot-2024-05-10-091905.png

Strangle

May 4, 2009
If Q is/was innocent why can’t he coach in the NHL anymore? Because he’s not innocent and has admitted he could have did something……..

PR

Why does Chicago even have a hockey team anymore? Why is Kane playing in the league?

I guess we just can’t figure it out, it’s so mysterious. No one knows

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
How on earth were those championship Lightning teams "similar built to the Leafs?"

Those clubs had world class goaltending, an outstanding and versatile defense corps and all kinds of depth and character up front.
But other than those things, carbon copy.

• Haha
Reactions: Frostitute

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I dont get The love for Brind Amour honestly, he.s got like 5 top 2 defenseman and many talented forwards and he cant make past second round year after year
puck luck is painful.

We didn't get out of the first round because (1) Woll go injured, (2) Sammy brain farted and didn't clear the puck, (3) Rielly didn't cover Pasta, was too slow to get back, didn't dive to clear the puck.

Any one of those things could have prevented the dagger.

Woll getting injured because this team can't play the last 5 seconds of Game 6 is the most Leafy thing to ever happen. This team is a bunch of quitters. THEY EVEN LET UP DURING POWER PLAYS. Sad.

Reactions: Al14

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Keefe wasn't a horrible option, he did great in the AHL, was already in our system and familiar with some of the players.

He had zero NHL experience so not the coach you want to put in charge of a team that was close to contending for a Cup. At least not in Toronto.

Like my analogy of an F1 team spending $100 million on a state-of-the-art car with the best pit crew money can buy, then hiring a rookie driver to race her.

Keefe deserved a promotion to the NHL based on his AHL success, no doubt, but just not to Toronto at that time.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I don't care if he ever coaches again, and I know he will. The league will clear him, he will face some immediate questions in his new job, and then it will all go away, just like everything does in time. But I don't want him coaching the team I follow, no matter what his skills may be as a coach. He actively chose to ignore what was happening in Chicago because winning was more important to him. It's morally reprehensible. Everyone has their own personal line in the sand. This one is mine.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
  • Haha
Reactions: TheOne

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

It was probably a 80/20 split for and against Dubas.

And to be honest it made sense the majority of people were ok with it. We were on the come-up and it almost seemed like a foregone conclusion we'd be contending for a Cup with the talent we had, so it'd be impossible for any single manager of the team to screw things up and derail the progress.

Well lo and behold...

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
I said it before and I will say it again, Steve Dangle is the worst thing to happen to Leaf fans since JFJ.
I know who he is since he'll get occasional plugs on TV somehow. But after Leafs lost I decided to watch his YT.

He's got to be the most annoying and childish manchild out there. Crazy. I've seen 20 year olds on YT doing post game chat acting more mature. Dangle acts like he's amped up on drugs right from the opening minute.

Hard to believe people will actually watch him.

Reactions: ACC1224

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Almost all here wanted Dubas. There were few of us and I mean very few who did not want Dubas here. I still carry the scars from all the abuse that was heaped upon me. You make some great points but that one is incorrect. I can count on one hand the people that were against the Dubas hire.

It wasn't like Lou was a majority favorite.

Probably needed someone in the middle of "My believes are your believes, down to how you comb your hair and the colour of your underpants or else!" and "The coach is sorry he hurt your feelings.".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad