Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Went on a 2 hour sunset cruise last night on the Sea of Cortez.

It was all you can drink along with a live band. By the end of the cruise there were 200 drunk Mexicans dancing and singing to songs I've never heard. The Mexican people sure are fun and free spirited group after a few margaritas :)

Reactions: Blueston and TK 421

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
For those of you keeping up with the drought out here, there is a little good news.

The family in this video is safe. They made it.

The point of this is that Sycamore Creek feeds into Roosevelt Lake, which is one of the main reservoirs for the east valley of Phoenix.

Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley etc just got a major reprieve.

My area (Arrowhead) has received a good amount of rain, but we are mostly fed by the Lake Pleasant reservoir which also is filling up again.

Water from the Colorado River is pumped uphill through a mountain all the way into the Phoenix area to round out our supply.

The more it rains in Utah and northern Arizona, the less pressure on that aspect of the Colorado River.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Craziest run ever. Unbelievable run. Even Benjamin breakdown old world record and Santos breaked old Olympic record.

Historic run.

bluebird enthusiast

Dec 3, 2014
Finally got my hands on a new Graphics card (3070 ti) now to rebuild my setup.
Congrats. Hope it didn't set you back an arm and a leg.

Was such a struggle to get a pair for me and my friend. After I struck out on release, I settled for an EVGA 2080 Super and stepped up to a 3080. I was fortunate enough to win a shuffle for my buddy, now he's rocking a 3070.

Hope these last us a while, I have a feeling these shortages are going to take way too long to end.

Reactions: Linkens Mastery

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Congrats. Hope it didn't set you back an arm and a leg.

Was such a struggle to get a pair for me and my friend. After I struck out on release, I settled for an EVGA 2080 Super and stepped up to a 3080. I was fortunate enough to win a shuffle for my buddy, now he's rocking a 3070.

Hope these last us a while, I have a feeling these shortages are going to take way too long to end.
I got mine during a Newegg Shuffle. ASUS TUF. I had the money in a savings account waiting for the day that I might finally get a chance at buying one. lol

Reactions: bluebird enthusiast

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
My wife's Aunt passed. She was close with her :(

The biggest issue is that she is thousands of miles away.

Luckily technology let us watch her wake :)

Life is short...

Reactions: Ranksu

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
I think humans are much like computers.

Remove the power and we're off.

What happens when a computer is off?

Nothing

bluebird enthusiast

Dec 3, 2014
I got mine during a Newegg Shuffle. ASUS TUF. I had the money in a savings account waiting for the day that I might finally get a chance at buying one. lol
Gratz on the TUF. I hear that model has one of the lowest Tjunction temps out there, but I highly recommend looking into undervolting. With how small my Forest Service quarters are, I can tell a difference in how warm the room gets with the undervolt setting. Keeps it quieter, too.

My AIO, on the other hand...

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
My daughter said she doesn't like Firehouse bc their meat is too chunky.

I said, "You're mom's too chunky." Just as a retort.

My wife heard and now won't talk to me. I really was just joking, but now I'm in the doghouse... :)
Well.....you can order the Arson Sub with the Accelerant Sauce and burn down the doghouse.

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Just went to have a smoke on my back porch and got that feeling. So I looked around and sure enough there was a scorpion right above my chair. On the ceiling directly over where I sit. Grrr.

Never been stung and don't want to...

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Just went to have a smoke on my back porch and got that feeling. So I looked around and sure enough there was a scorpion right above my chair. On the ceiling directly over where I sit. Grrr.

Never been stung and don't want to...
Black one or a beige one?

Scorpion infestations can get bad out here. The most poisonous in NA are here. The beige ones.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Yup. Sounds right. Your part of the valley seems to have more scorpions. I know a lady who’s house in Gilbert was infested. She could never get rid of them. Had to sell.
No natural disasters here, just scorpions, black wodows, and like 9 out of the most 10 venomous snakes from North America. Lol.

My buddy wears cowboy boots when walking in the desert bc of snakes. And he's an Eskimo...

Saw a coyote walking down Baseline Rd the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad