Player Discussion: Blake Wheeler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Watching this in slow motion, can anyone offer up a reason Tkachuk's waits until the very second Wheeler skates by to lift his right elbow? If his focus is playing/protecting the puck, there's no need for this action.

It's ingrained in his game to take every little inch he can get away with.

The filthy little f*** knows exactly what he's doing.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
There will probably just be a staged fight. If it were me, I'd run Tkachuk through the boards instead.
Staged fight will do no good unless Tkachuk ends up with a concussion. We can afford a loss against Ottawa, make it a game of running Tkachuk all night long. If they sit him after a period, then try as best as possible to run up the score.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Watching this in slow motion, can anyone offer up a reason Tkachuk's waits until the very second Wheeler skates by to lift his right elbow? If his focus is playing/protecting the puck, there's no need for this action.

Tkachuk has made it abundantly clear in our games this season that he doesn't give a shit about injuring out players. How many times did he break the rules in ways where he could have injured our players just this past game? At best, he's just as stupid as he looks and he never developed to the stage where he realizes other people are people too. At worst, he's operating maliciously.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Hoping it's not a concussion.

Silver lining if it's not would be Wheeler getting some rest as it "appears" that he could also be dealing with a groin issue this year.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida

Re Bold: Yes I can, because he was trying to violently elbow him in the face.

The rest of your post is dead on accurate.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Really sucks because I felt like Wheeler was starting to find his stride.

The silver lining is, whatever else he's been battling (probably groin) could likely use a nice rest.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
If they can't get at Tkachuk, then make those two very, very intimate with the glass.
For me, the only real deterrent is to be extremely physical on the other team's stars if your stars are being targeted.

If Kassian is belting Nik Ehlers, and Stanley or Lowry told their bench that McDavid was going to be thoroughly and completely finished on every check, every opportunity if that kept up, it would be a lot more of a message than trying to run a plug like Kassian.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Normally, I’d say if you’re going to get them back, you do it on the scoreboard where it really hurts and matters, but as this is Ottawa and one of the Tkachuks, I’m all for a proper hockey type retaliation...
72089403-C761-4B6A-968D-05460E7D7D28.gif

4BABFB74-46CE-4099-A797-97D1A1F53D33.gif

E2E80C1B-DC4B-4444-9F78-187880DDD77F.gif

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
For me, the only real deterrent is to be extremely physical on the other team's stars if your stars are being targeted.

If Kassian is belting Nik Ehlers, and Stanley or Lowry told their bench that McDavid was going to be thoroughly and completely finished on every check, every opportunity if that kept up, it would be a lot more of a message than trying to run a plug like Kassian.

I agree you don't go after Tkachuk you go after their star players too. My guess is Tkachuk will have to answer next game more directly because he was a very dirty play. The back his is whatever but raising the elbow is 100% duche

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

"Don't dress Bure!" (Tie Domi)

1:35 mark

Calcutta

Oct 3, 2019
I know there's not a poll, but anyway I'm voting for Pionk with a high stick to that German boy's face.
Knowing our luck all we'll get is Forbort getting beat up by whatever scrub they throw at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille