Blake Wheeler out indefinitely with concussion after Tkachuk flying elbow

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
rXkuZ9m.gif

that’s about as close as the elbow came to his head

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
accidental, lol, like that matters. Most penalties are accidental. Now, are we going to call careless stick swings accidental?

Should be a suspension.

Careless stick swings most often result in a minor or double minor. I'd guess 99% or more of high sticking penalties are careless and don't result in a suspension.

Since when is careless resulting in visible injury a "should be a suspension" lol it almost never is and also shouldnt be.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
LOL, if anyone was defenseless in that position, it was Brady. Wheeler avoids contact and gets himself clipped.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
To me, the Tkachuks are elite at the "accidental" dirty hit. Most other guys, I'd give the benefit of the doubt. Not them.

Ya “them” please tell me when Brady ever makes a accident happen.
You mess with the bull....
They are not the same people if he didn’t skate his face into an elbow it would not have hit an elbow

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Tkachuk is too smart of a player. One that I would love on my team. I think he should sit a couple games.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Tough one.
As a Jets fan I hate it.

but I’d take either Tkachuk in a heartbeat on our roster

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Doesn't Wheeler go down like this on a routine basis?

Wherler goes down injured about as frequently as the Chuckle Brothers manage to injure someone genuinely by accident.

So no, not regularly. Almost never. A handful of times in the last decade.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I will take all Tkachuk's on my team and probably beat you. Brady, Matthew, Keith, Walt, even the sister who Keith told me was the best athlete in the family.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I will take all Tkachuk's on my team and probably beat you. Brady, Matthew, Keith, Walt, even the sister who Keith told me was the best athlete in the family.
Right because the Tkachuks are such proven winners. How many cups between them?

Reactions: Channelcat

BattleLevel

Jan 19, 2014
Yeah, and Brent Gretzky is a legendary playmaker too because he's from the same cloth as Wayne. Makes sense.
Hey, just give Brent some time. Players develop differently and it's probably just taking some time to move out of Wayne's shadow

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I feel like him trying to control the puck with 1 hand led to his elbow being in that position rather than some sort of malicious intent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad