Blake Wheeler out indefinitely with concussion after Tkachuk flying elbow

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I like the wrestling reference in the original posts tweet. The blood must be fake too then.

Definitely reckless. Brady does flail quite a bit. Unfortunate result for Wheeler.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Tyachuck was trying to fight Forbort with 2 seconds left in the 1st, Forbort looked at the score clock and gave Taychuck a tard grimmace.... lol

Accidental elbow it is I'm sure.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
No reason for his elbow to be where it is. May well be accidental but it's super reckless.

How do you put the blade of the stick on the puck when you are that close to the boards without your elbow being right where it was? I've taken a similar elbow from a player playing a puck in his feet along the boards. Totally unintentional.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Right because the Tkachuks are such proven winners. How many cups between them?

Same amount as McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon, Draisaitl, Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Rantanen, Pettersson, Laine.

Maybe I will take the sister.

Thanks for playing.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Same amount as McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon, Draisaitl, Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Rantanen, Pettersson, Laine.

Maybe I will take the sister.

Thanks for playing.
Keith man, it's okay, just some good natured ribbing.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
How do you put the blade of the stick on the puck when you are that close to the boards without your elbow being right where it was? I've taken a similar elbow from a player playing a puck in his feet along the boards. Totally unintentional.

Same physics that say Wheeler is 6'5 when skating.

Reactions: PM

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Tkatchuk also 'accidentally' injured Scheifele not too long ago.

Someone should do a behind play Tie Domi elbow to this piece of shit.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg

Wrong one, this is a different Tkachuk. This one has only had a few "accidental" injury-causing events. So we're supposed to give him the benefit of the doubt for some reason.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

tenor.gif

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Second year in a row the Tkachuk Brothers have menaced the Winnipeg Jets, who are sort of their dad's original team.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Doesn't look like he is positioning his elbow deliberately on this play. Unfortunate result from a reckless play.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Jeez the whining in here is next level.

2 min minor at best. Clearly accidental.

It’s also nothing like the Kassian where there was no possible explanation for swinging a stick like that. Tkachuk is clearly coming in expecting to be hit and bracing himself. He’s also obviously a bit out of control but nonetheless, bracing yourself for a hit while engaging in a puck battle is a legitimate hockey play while swinging your stick around head high clearly isn’t.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Jesus hockey fans are soft now. It sucks Wheeler got concussed but it wouldn’t have happened if he tried to avoid the hit. Not even a penalty much less a “flying elbow.” Injuries happen in contact sports and the athletes get compensated with millions of dollars. They aren’t forced to play hockey against their will. At least in North America anyways.

Reactions: Bileur

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

LMFAO...

You realize there's more than one Tkachuk right? Theres in fact three famous ones that have played in the NHL...

Two of them are current NHLers... and this thread is not about the one you think it is... lol

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Jesus hockey fans are soft now. It sucks Wheeler got concussed but it wouldn’t have happened if he tried to avoid the hit. Not even a penalty much less a “flying elbow.” Injuries happen in contact sports and the athletes get compensated with millions of dollars. They aren’t forced to play hockey against their will. At least in North America anyways.
I agree, but I’m realizing now that the shitty catch is that if he wins the contact he probably just gets tossed for boarding thanks to that same attitude. Sucks to see and it’s (surprise) not making the game any safer.

Reactions: PM

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Why are players only responsible for their sticks, but not their elbows? I'm not aware of any coaching that says flail your arms out as you move backwards into a guy for a hit.

This was just a modern Matt Cooke trip into your head 'accident'.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
If you're responsible for your stick getting on somebody face, you should be with everything else that comes in contact with the head.

Why are players only responsible for their sticks, but not their elbows? I'm not aware of any coaching that says flail your arms out as you move backwards into a guy for a hit.

This was just a modern Matt Cooke trip into your head 'accident'.

How do you stop another player from skating into your elbow? You have to have your elbow out when you are holding your stick with two hands.

its josh

May 13, 2020
Careless stick swings most often result in a minor or double minor. I'd guess 99% or more of high sticking penalties are careless and don't result in a suspension.

Since when is careless resulting in visible injury a "should be a suspension" lol it almost never is and also shouldnt be.
head shots.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I like the wrestling reference in the original posts tweet. The blood must be fake too then.

Definitely reckless. Brady does flail quite a bit. Unfortunate result for Wheeler.
He flails.... After contact. That's nothing reckless about that play. Brady plays the puck from the boards. He turns to get body position. His elbow is up because he is holding his stick. No more holding sticks? No more playing pucks against the boards?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad