Blake Wheeler out indefinitely with concussion after Tkachuk flying elbow

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Can imagine he’s going in for a butt first hit but such careless actions with his elbow should have follow up.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Shocked this wasnt a thread after it happened tbh.

Looks accidental to me. Maybe accidentally on purpose, but i think its accidental.

Brady has no issues dropping the gloves and settling things that way. Who knows what really happened tho. We're just guessing.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Anticipating contact after taking the puck off the wall. The Perrault hit on Tkachuk early in the second was dirtier. Ottawa plays in less then 3 hours, he won't be getting call. Unfortunate result, hope Wheeler can recover quickly.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I'll just repeat what I said elsewhere:

Hard to determine intent, but it was reckless as hell and it's difficult for me to give a Tkachuk the benefit of the doubt.

If they were looking at it they would have said already, this happened 2 days ago.

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
Looks like he was going for a reverse hit. It's certainly reckless. I don't really think it should be a suspension worthy, but probably should have been called a penalty on the ice. Was it?

Reactions: bukwas

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Wrestlemania? Really?

I mean I really don't like Tkachuk at all but I was expecting to see this:

557c2112ea254f12199fb52cd4aaf969.gif

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Plausible deniability ≠ accidental

Agreed, and either way- if your illegal contact causes a dude to miss a game I figure that should be a game suspension, just to really discourage “accidental” stuff like this. We lost a lot of prime Crosby to an “accidental” interference- just not good for the league.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
As much as I dislike Brady, that looks accidental.
That's my take as well. He definitely jump backward into him, but looks to me that he expects to take the impact on his back. Careless elbow, but Tkachuk doesn't see Wheeler change course to the inside, he's already looking away when that happens.

Reactions: BLONG7

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Def looks accidental. The way Tkachuck is looking back it seems like he was fully expecting to get hit. His elbow doesn't really change position the whole way.

Reactions: Saint Vitus

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Agreed, and either way- if your illegal contact causes a dude to miss a game I figure that should be a game suspension, just to really discourage “accidental” stuff like this. We lost a lot of prime Crosby to an “accidental” interference- just not good for the league.
Yeah I think of it similarly to Kassian getting suspended for his high stick on Sam Gagner. Regardless if it was or wasn't intentional, it was reckless enough that he was punished for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oryxo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad