Blake Wheeler out indefinitely with concussion after Tkachuk flying elbow

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
OOOPS SORRY, I just like to skate into a hits with my elbow out at head height.

He definitely was not playing a puck that was near his back foot, nope that puck popped out to the middle of the ice to Chabot on it's own.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I think Tkachuk is a piece of trash. Waiting for a team to just ignore the game and beat his ass down. BUT that looks like Wheeler skating into his elbow. His elbow is up prior and he doesn’t reach with it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Frankly, if it wasn't a Tkachuk, no one would be talking about this. Tkachuk definitely knew he was coming, but that was not an obvious elbow. To me, it's more a case of Wheeler reaching in and putting himself in a vulnerable position, possibly because his stick got caught in Tkachuk's skates?

I don't see a penalty at all. Wheeler has to take care of himself, and not run into things. Unfortunate that he is injured.

Not a fan of either team.

Reactions: NyQuil

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Considering Tkachuks (both of them) penchants for blind side predatory hits, I would not be surprised if this was intentional. In fact, I’d bet big money it was. These dudes give no shits who they hurt and they aim to hurt.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Wheeler is the softest "tough guy" I've ever seen. I cannot wait till he returns and has to fight Tkachuk for this perceived slight. The code must be upheld!

Soft? Wheeler has mist 6 games since the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg. Wheeler is alot of things but "soft" is not one of them.

Reactions: Dache

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Tkachuk's in Winnipeg get no benefit of no doubts, ever.

Japan has Godzilla. We have Tkachuks. It is what it is.

Reactions: Pongs21

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
If Wheeler skates through BT numbers on that play, he wouldn't be off the ice now bc of concussion.

Good guys are always on the receiving end.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I watched the last episode of Wally and Methot and Chris Neil was on talking about how you gotta go through the body to be safe. As soon as you start avoiding hits, people get injured. He then points to a time he let up on a hit not to hit his buddy Chris Kelly on a hit, and Chris Kelly also tried to avoid it and because he let up, he caught his leg and Kelly was out with a broken leg. Never avoid hits because that's when you start catching limbs in awkward ways.

He wasn't even talking about this hit, but it relates so much.

If you avoid hits, you're gonna get more injured then if you brace for it and take it straight through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad