Blake Wheeler out indefinitely with concussion after Tkachuk flying elbow

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Reactions: Raze The Stray

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
If you're responsible for your stick getting on somebody face, you should be with everything else that comes in contact with the head.
Yep. This is similar to Tkachuk, Matthew and his “accidental” injury to Scheifele in the playoffs. Tough to prove definite intent, but reckless and dangerous without a doubt.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
If the NHL is serious then headshots should be suspended. They solved the high-sticking issue that way years ago.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
If Brady Tkachuk was going to miss at least the next 5 games due to an elbow from Blake Wheeler, you and the rest of the senators fans would be screaming for a suspension.
no, that wasn't even close to suspension worthy. Not even a penalty.

Reactions: Bileur

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
no, that wasn't even close to suspension worthy. Not even a penalty.
That wasn't my point at all. If the same thing happened but the roles were reversed and Tkachuk was going to miss at least 5 games with a possible concussion, Senators fans would be mad. You can pretend that wouldn't be the case but it is the same with every fanbase and it happens every time. The Senators fans are no different.

But it's nice to see that all you have to contribute to a conversation is attacking and mocking people from another fanbase.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Accidental on purpose I reckon, expected a lot worse from the title, it’s a bit like a reverse Forsberg. Anyone but a Tkachuk maybe gets the benefit of the doubt.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Nope, per today's practice Mathieu Perreault will be moving to the first unit.
It’s bad that I can’t tell if this is facetious or not. Because it should be... but you never know with Maurice

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Accidental on purpose I reckon, expected a lot worse from the title, it’s a bit like a reverse Forsberg. Anyone but a Tkachuk maybe gets the benefit of the doubt.

Brady Tkachuk is not a dirty player lol. The number of times he has declined to get an extra punch in at the end of a fight is about as high as the number of fights he's won.

It was a reckless play, I would fine him or suspend him for a game or two, but not because of intent.... simply because he needs to be in better control.

So now we're judging Brady based on stuff Matthew has done???

I think the league needs to keep a closer eye on this Tyler kid.... how could you not, after what Todd did?!

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
It’s bad that I can’t tell if this is facetious or not. Because it should be... but you never know with Maurice
No, it's very much true. Probably wants to keep balance between the two units.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Shocked this wasnt a thread after it happened tbh.

Looks accidental to me. Maybe accidentally on purpose, but i think its accidental.

Brady has no issues dropping the gloves and settling things that way. Who knows what really happened tho. We're just guessing.

Dropping the gloves for a token fight doesn't make up for a concussing another team's captain.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
No, it's very much true. Probably wants to keep balance between the two units.
Egad! Maurice loves his veterans.

I can understand wanting to balance the units, though. Wonder who moves onto the second unit.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Egad! Maurice loves his veterans.

I can understand wanting to balance the units, though. Wonder who moves onto the second unit.
Almost certainly Lowry, though I haven't been able to find confirmation. Scheif had to sit out a bit after taking a puck to the face and Appleton replaced him and scored while they were working on the PP today so hopefully that's viewed as an option since I'd much prefer Appleton over Lowry.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad