Blake Wheeler out indefinitely with concussion after Tkachuk flying elbow

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The number of people in this thread who don't even know which Tkachuk it is is f***ing hilarious.

Also, apparently having the same last name means that Brady is responsible for everything Matthew has done.

BTW Josh Manson is the dirtiest player in the league.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
All this dirt from the Tkachuk's makes me hope nobody in their family bloodline wins the Stanley Cup. And I know Keith technically has one with the Blues.

Wheeler being injured is a big downer for the Jets and makes me mad. But I think Scheifele should get a C on his jersey for the time being.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
How do you put the blade of the stick on the puck when you are that close to the boards without your elbow being right where it was? I've taken a similar elbow from a player playing a puck in his feet along the boards. Totally unintentional.
How do you hold a stick with two hands without your elbow being out? If your hand is near the butt of the stick your elbow will be out unless you've stretched your stick way out in front of you.

This thread is hilarious. Some posters need to physically pick up and move a hockey stick before posting. There's no way to use a hockey stick without having your elbow out. When you bring the stick in close to play a puck that is close to you, the elbow goes higher. It is absolutely not a rule in hockey that you have to keep your elbow tucked in, or even low, at all times when trying to play a puck.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Looks like an "accident" to me. These players are very good at making intentional things look like accidents. Apparently it works.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Sneaky dirty as a guy like that would do, why else is his elbow up that high and lose his stick so easily. He was doing a reverse hit and throwing his body up with the elbow leading.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Looks like an "accident" to me. These players are very good at making intentional things look like accidents. Apparently it works.
Emphasis on the quote marks. Anyone who thinks it was a legitimate accident should never be on a jury.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He’s definitely anticipating contact, but not with the elbow. He’s just throwing his weight backwards in anticipation Wheeler is going to hit through the body and instead he goes to the outside and catches the elbow.

It’s really difficult for me to see this being at all dirty and/or intentional.

Reactions: Bileur and blankall

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
That's how you were taught to contest a puck and throw a check? Turn you back and close your eyes?
What the hell? When you're coming in with speed into boards you have to turn. And yes players are taught to use their body position to play pucks. Tkachuk used his body to separate the opposing player from the puck. This is a very standard hockey play.

Reactions: Bileur

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Was he not injured last week too ? What was that injury and is it possible it was re aggravated ? They can call it anything they want ...

tin-foil-index.jpg

Sounds like you didn't just opt for the hat.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He’s definitely anticipating contact, but not with the elbow. He’s just throwing his weight backwards in anticipation Wheeler is going to hit through the body and instead he goes to the outside and catches the elbow.

It’s really difficult for me to see this being at all dirty and/or intentional.

It's so obvious it's remarkable.

How often does a guy stop or throw a check backwards along the boards to hold up a guy behind him?

Wheeler goes to the outside and apparently Brady forgot to install a rearview mirror on the side of his helmet.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
It's so obvious it's remarkable.

How often does a guy stop or throw a check backwards along the boards to hold up a guy behind him?

Wheeler goes to the outside and apparently Brady forgot to install a rearview mirror on the side of his helmet.

To a lot of people Tkachuk = bad.

They see that name and run in to a thread half cocked ready for blood. Gotta be a sad way to live ones life. Always looking to be angry or offended doesnt sound fun

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
At best very naive. Then again, if someone can look at that video and claim it was accidental... well, never mind.

LOL, 90% of his body misses completely.

Watch the replay, his centre of mass flies backwards into thin air and he almost falls over as a result.

Wheeler was this close to making Brady look silly for missing the check entirely.

It's a terrible outcome but that doesn't mean you have to make stories up about why and how it happened. You just end up looking ridiculous.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
LOL, 90% of his body misses completely.

Watch the replay, his centre of mass flies backwards into thin air and he almost falls over as a result.

Wheeler was this close to making Brady look silly for missing the check entirely.

It's a terrible outcome but that doesn't mean you have to make stories up about why and how it happened. You just end up looking ridiculous.
His body wasn't intended to be involved. Just his elbow, to Wheeler's face. Perfect hit buy Tkachuk family standards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad