Speculation: Blackhawks GM search

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Damn. I wonder who drafted that HoFer Toni Kukoc…

And Krause drafted a team around Jordan not once, but twice. This “Jordan made Pippen” thing is fun to speculate but it doesn’t happen if Krause doesn’t draft him and if I recall it was an out there pick at the time.

I seem to recall BJ Armstrong being an all star and key player off the bench, not counting all the pieces Krause picked up.

As for the twin towers, Chandler was a stud. DPoY one year and how many defensive teams did he win? Five? Six? That was a rock solid pick. And Curry had heart issues and wasn’t developed enough at 19 but was projecting upward at 25 until his health started failing him. That wasn’t Krause fault. His problem was picking a nobody coach who ran the triple post but drafted players who wernt smart enough to play it.

Lol at Krause not drafting Kukoc

"Not once but twice" LOL noone left cept Grant and Armstrong after '95. Toni Kukoc was a second round pick.. lets not act like he was some big prospect coming out of Croatia. And Jordan was winning championships BEFORE Kukoc joined in '94. Kukoc was a nice player, a great player in fact OVERSEAS but he's a HOF on what he did overseas not in the NBA (although the 3 rings helped his case, thanks Michael). Hell he was NEVER an all star even after Jordan retired the 2nd time and he started. Again, you let me know when Chandler and Curry make the HOF thanks to genius Krause.

Reactions: Bubba88

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Damn. I wonder who drafted that HoFer Toni Kukoc…

And Krause drafted a team around Jordan not once, but twice. This “Jordan made Pippen” thing is fun to speculate but it doesn’t happen if Krause doesn’t draft him and if I recall it was an out there pick at the time.

I seem to recall BJ Armstrong being an all star and key player off the bench, not counting all the pieces Krause picked up.

As for the twin towers, Chandler was a stud. DPoY one year and how many defensive teams did he win? Five? Six? That was a rock solid pick. And Curry had heart issues and wasn’t developed enough at 19 but was projecting upward at 25 until his health started failing him. That wasn’t Krause fault. His problem was picking a nobody coach who ran the triple post but drafted players who wernt smart enough to play it.

Lol at Krause not drafting Kukoc

Lol. He drafted Jeff Sanders ahead of hof’ers Vlade and Radja. Oakley ahead of Karl Malone. Stacey King ahead of Shawn Kemp. Took Brad Sellers and Will Perdue with high picks.

Pippen and Grant were good picks, and replacing Doug Collins with Phil was an important move. Krause was okay. Not terrible, nothing special.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Lol. He drafted Jeff Sanders ahead of hof’ers Vlade and Radja. Oakley ahead of Karl Malone. Stacey King ahead of Shawn Kemp. Took Brad Sellers and Will Perdue with high picks.

Pippen and Grant were good picks, and replacing Doug Collins with Phil was an important move. Krause was okay. Not terrible, nothing special.
Never said he was special

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Never said he was special
Your main point was he "had an eye for talent" and was able to find athletes - not talented players - in every sport because he was a good scout.

Not to mention that Krause has had a basketball background - which makes the point of being a baseball scout kind of pointless.
Especially if the goal is to find talent, not just good athletes.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
It’s amazing the Hawks still don’t have a GM

Meanwhile

upload_2022-2-22_7-58-29.png

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
The bears damn near played an entire season of football, fired Nagy and Pace, then hired a new coach and GM all in the time it took since the Hawks fired Bowman.

There shouldnt be any excuse now

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Marc Bergvin would not be bad . 1st choice Greenberg / Davidson 2nd choice Tulsky / Davison 3rd choice Mellanby / his choice for assistant gm 4th choice Bergvin / his choice for assistant gm

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
It’s amazing the Hawks still don’t have a GM

This is nothing more than baseless parlor room speculation, which given HF boards and a news vacuum I would say is fair game:

Seeing that there has been no hire or even mention of further interviews, is it possible that Rocky is not so hot on a Danny "out-of-the-box pick?"

Of course, this post almost guarantees that the out of box pick will be announced this afternoon, but it sure seems that something is off with the search status

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My hunch is one of two possibilities....

1) The Hawks brand is toxic and offers sent so far have just been rejected, or
2) There are too many people involved in the decision-making here and there's no consensus between multiple factions' favorites.

That being said, #1 seems unlikely, as there are only 32 options out there for a GM role. You have to be a primadonna or incredibly highly sought after to be in a position to be able to reject such an offer (and who is in a position for the latter right now honestly?), barring an embarrassing lowball which I doubt.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
This is nothing more than baseless parlor room speculation, which given HF boards and a news vacuum I would say is fair game:

Seeing that there has been no hire or even mention of further interviews, is it possible that Rocky is not so hot on a Danny "out-of-the-box pick?"

Of course, this post almost guarantees that the out of box pick will be announced this afternoon, but it sure seems that something is off with the search status
We have today's winning post in the calling something baseless speculation then offers up baseless speculation category.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
My hunch is one of two possibilities....

1) The Hawks brand is toxic and offers sent so far have just been rejected, or
2) There are too many people involved in the decision-making here and there's no consensus between multiple factions' favorites.

That being said, #1 seems unlikely, as there are only 32 options out there for a GM role. You have to be a primadonna or incredibly highly sought after to be in a position to be able to reject such an offer (and who is in a position for the latter right now honestly?), barring an embarrassing lowball which I doubt.
Agreed. Nobody who wants to be a GM would turn down the Blackhawks job. Anyone worth their salt would want to be apart of re-shaping the franchise and most of the candidates will never have a shot at being a GM ever again.

Yeah I wonder if there's an internal split. Like a Team Tulsky and a Team Resch debate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad