Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
1B12FF79-B0A9-4B0A-9126-A3C8550FFC46.jpeg

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

Said 6 weeks ago began their search and evaluation... wonder what happened then, it's like somehow some people didn't think this was just put off to divorce the new hire from the old lawsuits and mess up.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Don't be distracted by Davidson mentioned as a candidate. They're just being professional on Davidson's behalf so he gets more cred in the biz. They'd be delusional to hire on Davidson. "Hey Fans, turns out the best guy for the job is who we first thought it'd be! Davidson! Now please forget all about the sex scandal and how bad of a team we've been for 4 years so you can buy more season tickets!"

Get real.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
They are just now interviewing candidates? Is the entire org dead set on running at speeds slower than internet explorer?

for comparison the bears played almost an entire season of football, from when Bowman was fired, fired their coach and gm, interviewed several candidates and hired a gm before the Hawks even announced they will interview candidates.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
so slow, they should have started the process the day Stan resigned.

no wonder the organization is where it is...

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

...why would you have wanted the new head hockey mind have to be invested and questioned on the ongoing kyle beach scandal immediately to start a new direction?

This is the opposite of why they are where they are, they has a big wig PR President yet didnt handle big PR issues wisely ever. This was actually taking good pr moves to search quietly, give it distance from being settled before making the new formal decisions.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

As others mentioned, I’m not upset that they’re being deliberate.

This franchise is in such a bad spot from a hockey ops perspective that they need to absolutely knock this next hire out of the park. If that means waiting a few months to review things, and it helps ensure the next hire is the absolute right person, I’m fine with it.

This isn’t really about the short term, this hire has to potential to dictate where this franchise heads over multiple years if not longer.

Getting it right is way more important than getting it done quickly, imo.

I am a bit surprised that they’re talking about getting a new GM in before mentioning hiring a new president of hockey ops though, unless they plan on combining the roles.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
So many people talking about slowly they have done this. You realize that they hired Mike Forde's Sportsology company to come and and do a full organizational review right? This, to me, is exactly what they should be doing. He was on the 32 Thoughts podcast a while back, really interesting stuff.

Does this include analysis on their pro scouting? Because that dept needs a total overhaul

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
As others mentioned, I’m not upset that they’re being deliberate.

This franchise is in such a bad spot from a hockey ops perspective that they need to absolutely knock this next hire out of the park. If that means waiting a few months to review things, and it helps ensure the next hire is the absolute right person, I’m fine with it.

This isn’t really about the short term, this hire has to potential to dictate where this franchise heads over multiple years if not longer.

Getting it right is way more important than getting it done quickly, imo.

I am a bit surprised that they’re talking about getting a new GM in before mentioning hiring a new president of hockey ops though, unless they plan on combining the roles.

I just read somewhere earlier today that the will be no President of Hockey Ops.

GM directly reports the the Wirtz folks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00