Bill Nylander Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Not pointing fingers at this player. His bail on some plays were nasty though.
He did some good things, he did some bad things.
But he looked like 100 other NHL guys that make half the money doing the same thing.
I know he had Marleau and Brown, but I noticed good things from 3C Coyle as much as 3C Nylander. And no giant level of separation.

Reactions: Faltorvo

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada

That's because he was on the 3rd line playing vs scrubs...how much offense did he produce.
His entire game is stick handle the put in the zone down the wing, turn a few times and lay it off to the defence, when hes not turning it over. But he does this while looking pretty

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Blaming Nylander and pointin him out as the reason we lost is as lazy and stupid as Babcock complaining about Muzzin when Dubas traded for him.
This sportsnet panel anti-euro anti-skilled player old school hockey men narrative needs to be extinct asap because the Leafs gonna be a skilled, young team for the forseeable future.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
That being said, Nylander isn’t as bad as some are suggesting but man he makes it hard to like at times. There are plays where he just doesn’t look engaged at all and its hard for the average fan to like him then.

I want to see Nylander with Matthews again. Preferably without Babcock.

I’ll finish my opinion on Nylander next season.

Last edited by a moderator:

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
If Nylander DOESNT go to the WHC, I will lose even more of whatever little faith I have left in him.

Kid just doesn't seem to want to compete.

Last edited:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
That's because he was on the 3rd line playing vs scrubs...how much offense did he produce.
His entire game is stick handle the put in the zone down the wing, turn a few times and lay it off to the defence, when hes not turning it over. But he does this while looking pretty
I love how many critics feel the need to talk about his looks. Over and over again. :laugh:

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

He also played with the 2 worst forwards on our team. Kinda balances out tbh.

Reactions: stopclickbait

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If Nylander DOESNT go to the WHC, I will even more of whatever little faith I have left in him.

Kid just doesn't seem to want to compete.

[MOD]if he does go and does well you will be straight back in here with hot takes about not loving the leafs as much as Sweden.

id imagine you'd have to have a little bit of compete to win MVP of that tournament no?

Last edited by a moderator:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
if we can get at 26 or younger RHD for nylander do it, if not build his value and then decide whether to keep him or trade him at his usual value.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
if we can get at 26 or younger RHD for nylander do it, if not build his value and then decide whether to keep him or trade him at his usual value.
what makes you think he'll rebound next year? He schooled Dubas into a inflated contract, I think there's just as much a chance he regresses next season as there is he plays up to his contract. Besides he's maore valuable a a trade chip to improve the D, his offensive prowess (when present) is expendable for help on the D.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
What is your problem, dude?

I want Nylander to do well as much as the next guy...

must be confusing you with a different poster. Either way he has a MVP and gold medal at the world championships you cant win that without compete.

you must know there will be a group of posters and fans who will rip on him if he goes and does well, that's how it works now damned if he does and damned if he doesn't

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
what makes you think he'll rebound next year? He schooled Dubas into a inflated contract, I think there's just as much a chance he regresses next season as there is he plays up to his contract. Besides he's maore valuable a a trade chip to improve the D, his offensive prowess (when present) is expendable for help on the D.

not sure perhaps the 2 seasons where he was very good/ excellent compared to one shortened season with many distractions. yeah im not sure.

What you don't have is any other reason than bias to think he will regress, what I have to think he will continue as before is verifiable proof

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Not if your making 7M on apparently a discount

no where has anyone claimed it was a discount, a few have said its right on value and I personally think he is $250-500K overpaid. No one anywhere has said a discount

edit: you also seem to be implying that $7M should be able to turn brown and marleau into effective offensive players? Matthews wouldn't be able to score centering them. That line had one job only don't get scored on, they didn't do too bad at that job

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
no where has anyone claimed it was a discount, a few have said its right on value and I personally think he is $250-500K overpaid. No one anywhere has said a discount

edit: you also seem to be implying that $7M should be able to turn brown and marleau into effective offensive players? Matthews wouldn't be able to score centering them. That line had one job only don't get scored on, they didn't do too bad at that job

Only what experts on TV were saying during negotiations. If 7M wasnt him coming down he probably would have signed in summer and not wasted a year of his life with this brutal season.

According to people here Matthew's forwards were also crap and he at least scored vs other teams 2nd lines.

I thought this team was ridiculously deep up front, at least what most on here were saying, now they not good enough because overpaid stars didnt produce??

Reactions: SoVi3t

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
His effort level is questionable, but he's too young and talented to give up on YET.

Where was this talent you spoke of? He did nothing to earn a big contract before we resigned him. Then he proceeded to do nothing when we did sign him. He never had one glimpse of brilliance this entire season. You think he's going to improve on that?

He will always be a floater, like the lump of shit he calls a father.

Reactions: Faltorvo

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

come on, many posters here continue with the "he got a fair contract" narrative all the time, maybe not you, but there are plenty who do. Not admitting this is just another Team Nylander bias, sorry the facts are ruining your narrative.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He was okay.

Had 3 even strength points, and I believe he got those while on the ice with some other talented players, Kadri for 2 and Rielly for 1.

He should have shot more, he was always looking for someone to set up.

Played with depth players once Kadri got himself expelled again. Played with 2 players that are absolutely constantly trashed on this forum. Brown and Marleau don't all of a sudden become good players in order to roast Nylander. Realistically, both Marleau and Brown are 4th. liners on a good team.

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

As much as I find Nylander an embarrassment, you dont trade him now - you'd be selling low on a player who will eventually start producing in the regular season again.

Sell high.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
come on, many posters here continue with the "he got a fair contract" narrative all the time, maybe not you, but there are plenty who do. Not admitting this is just another Team Nylander bias, sorry the facts are ruining your narrative.

I dont like Nylander.

He got market value.

Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes