Bill Nylander Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Get rid of him. PLEASE!!!

He did nothing to earn his salary and never will.

He will bounce from team to team to team like his old man, never ever amounting to anything.
Unfortunately I think you’re right good player but no guts no glory too many generals not enough soldiers like we all been saying since day one Kyle Dubis will self-destruct this team i’d really hate to lose mariner to keep William

Reactions: rumman

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
The amount of times this guy turned over the puck in critical situations was inexcusable. Enough excuses of not being in game shape. This guy took the 7 million and forgot how to play hockey. The Pastrnak comparisons are a joke.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
This is on Babcock. Stick Nylander with Marleau and Brown and then act surprised when he doesn't produce.

Everybody knows he should be playing with Matthews.

Umm

Freddy the Goat naturally becomes our regaled 3rd line centre.

Genius move.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
It's amazing to me that a professional hockey writer tweets out a couple numbers like it tells the whole story.

I mean what more do you want? The PP overall was horrible, that's not on Nylander. Nylander is not on the PK which was also horrendous.

5-on-5 is where you look for him and he was really good despite being saddled with our two least offensive wingers.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think we keep him for next season no question. Need to have him in for a full season with training camp to see what he can really do. Pretty sure he felt like a dick coming in half way through the season and played like a limp one for the most part.

He can be better and I think needs to be given that chance to do so. Otherwise, why in the hell sign him? There will be a market for him for years to come, so if we HAVE to move on we will be able to. Might not get full value back, but a part of the trade gain is cap space.

Reactions: Devonator

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He didn’t have a great game tonight by any metric, but if somebody was to make an objective list of what went wrong tonight there’s no way he’s be near the top.

Nevertheless still expect this thread to be filled with posts claiming he’s the single worst thing to ever happen to the Leafs by tomorrow morning

Yup! It seems to be that once one is a Willie hater they always be a hater.

On the topic of todays game; Nylander was not the best player on the ice bbut he was not terrible. The turn over he had leading to a goal was tough, but hey a lot of other things happened on that play to lead to the goal.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Did he claim it was the whole story?

It certainly deflates the POV that Nylander somehow lost the Leafs the series. The bruins won on the backs of special teams domination
I never said he lost us the series... BUT

Let me ask you this:

What did you like about Nylander's play in this series?
What didn't you like about Nylander's play in this series?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Nylander was a complete non factor this entire series.

Other than basically placing the puck directly in our net, he didn't really do anything that lead to anything of consequence for either team.

A total passenger.

Reactions: Faltorvo and rumman

RLF

May 5, 2014

Let me ask you this:

Interesting to see what they come up with when the ADV stats aren't flattering.

Reactions: Faltorvo

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Nylander will be shopped this summer. We will see if we can get some value back for him. Hopefully the fact he played center the past 6 games may be enough to push a team to trade for him. A team like the Rangers.

Lol oh boy. I'm sorry to break it to you but Nylander will be back next season.

On the bright side, you won't have to choose a new whipping boy.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Let me ask you this:

He was fine at even strength, didn't have much to work with as far as offensive chemistry with his linemates for 3/4 of the series. Underutilized on the pp too.

He had a couple lousy games, including a particularly bad brain first in game 2.

Overall no better or worse than most of the other main forwards on the team save for Matthews.

Reactions: saffronleaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad