OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Coffee Talk with Linda Richman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Most things give you bad breath man.

27442981.jpg

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Ahhh so many places.

Melbourne is a great city. If you love sports it basically has a bit of everything. Aussie Rules football, Cricket, tennis, Grand Prix, horse racing is pretty big especially on the major race days guys and girls get dressed in their finest awesome time. There is an ice hockey league too. Lots of good food in Melbourne very multicultural. Nice parks and gardens. Go to a big Aussie Rules game with 80,000-100,000 people and it’s pretty cool when they start to cheer loudly.

Brisbane the weather is always good and just further north you get the white sandy beaches that squeak when you walk so clean. Steve Irwin’s Zoo is up that way and Fraser Island would be great to check out. Check out the Great Barrier Reef!

Never been to Sydney. Adelaide is cool but there is better places to go. Perth is right out the way but laid back nice beaches.

Tasmania is a the southern state that’s an island. It’s nice but if you have limited time there’s better to see.

I always recommend Alice Springs it’s your base to explore the outback. There will be some 3-5 day organised tours you can take from there to explore Uluru, the Olga’s and Kings Canyon. Youll see things you probably won’t see anywhere else. You’ll actually meet people from all over the world there too. There is a bar in Alice Springs that streams video of the place so your friends and family can watch you. They can even buy you drinks with their credit card. Some of the locals have gotten in trouble when they go out with the boys and their wives/girlfriends watch.

If you have time you could start in the Brisbane area drive down the coast to Sydney spend some time there and then Melbourne. They are all on the same coast. Brisbane to Melbourne is 2hr flight or about 20 hour drive total time.

I’d stick to the east coast (there are places outside the major cities too) and if you can get to Alice Springs and explore around there for 5 days or so it’d be quite the trip.

One thing I did was take the train from Melbourne to Sydney, got to see more of the country from a comfy seat. Also took the train from Sydney to Katoomba in the Blue Mountains. Flying is convenient but you miss out on seeing the country.

Saying that, I'll be never forget looking out of the plane window as I flew over Australia (coming from Singapore) the Outback, a sea of red that went on forever.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
And the Australian Open, many memories of taking time off work (or recovering from knee surgery or Swine flu), changing my body clock and watching the whole tournament in the middle of the night in the UK. I used to be a member of a now dead tennis forum and the old BBC 606 forum, would be watching and chatting all night.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
And finally, I got to see a rare occurrence at the Rod Laver arena. The day I did the tour the court was being replaced. It takes three days, one to rip up and clean, one to apply the adhesive and one to set. Then local players come in and bed it in. Adjustments are made them it is ready. All this is done in September.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If it stays this cold for much longer I'm going to have to learn to like coffee just because it's warm and work provides it. They won't get me any hot chocolate :cry:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If it stays this cold for much longer I'm going to have to learn to like coffee just because it's warm and work provides it. They won't get me any hot chocolate :cry:

This winter I decided to make hot chocolate from scratch because it sounded delicious. Seeing how much sugar it takes to make it taste decent ruined it.

Also, f*** this cold.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
As someone who has cut caffeine out almost completely and doesn’t want to freeze to death, there a lot of teas to use as coffee alternatives. An overwhelming number of options.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Yeah, it's a little too ... vegital ... for me. I do find the idea of genmaicha interesting. I haven't tried it, though, mostly because I don't know that rice flavored grass water would be any better than regular grass flavored water. :laugh: The somewhat recent matcha flavored everything fad was seriously puzzling for me. o_O

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad