Best player getting no hype

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
The only reason Point is that high is because Tampa is a machine. His rel numbers are kind of pedestrian.
check his qot and qoc. hes not getting cupcake mins. hes taking tough matchups and dominating. point is a monster bruh. scoring at such an elite rate too, only matthews and mackinnon have higher p1/60 this year and last with an actual sample.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Elias Pettersson has stolen much of Bo Horvat's thunder, even though Horvat has take significant step forward is his development this year. He's been outstanding, scoring at a near PPG pace and playing some of the hardest minutes in the NHL (though it remains to be seen whether he can hold up under such a heavy workload). His development curve reminds me a bit of Scheifele, where he steadily improves (exceeding expectations with each major step) and then takes off around the age of 23.
I agree Horvat has been playing with scrubs since Boeser is with Elias now and he's putting up still PPG pace almost. He's taking a huge step this year and if gets some actual wingers could possibly be a consistent PPG player moving forward. He's great in the circle and a solid 2 way player as well.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Now that I mention it, Kreider has a 2 p/60 and a > +8 xGFrel over three seasons.

He needs to calm his boobs.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
check his qot and qoc. hes not getting cupcake mins. hes taking tough matchups and dominating. point is a monster bruh. scoring at such an elite rate too, only matthews and mackinnon have higher p1/60 this year and last with an actual sample.
Point is an elite player, just don't give me that 55% bullshit when he plays for Tampa. Their equipment manager is at 56%.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Point is an elite player, just don't give me that 55% bull**** when he plays for Tampa. Their equipment manager is at 56%.
the only center in the league with lower TOI QOT and higher TOI QOC in this span is mika zibanejad. point is a tough-minute guy who still scores at an absolutely elite rate and is far from a drag on possession despite his mins.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Josh Bailey had a great season last year and got no hype, people just called him a product of JT. JT is gone, and he's putting up another great season and still gets no hype.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
the only center in the league with lower TOI QOT and higher TOI QOC in this span is mika zibanejad.

uni90.jpg

point is a tough-minute guy who still scores at an absolutely elite rate and is far from a drag on possession despite his mins.

I agree with you!

Just don't forget that your rel stats are there for a reason.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Alex Killorn has 1.72 p1/60 and 58.45% xgf% for this year and last despite having mediocre numbers in his (significant) ice time with tyler johnson, a defensive liability who he has no chemistry with. dude is a monster and goes so under the radar.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
uni90.jpg

I agree with you!

Just don't forget that your rel stats are there for a reason.
yeah. i usually "combine" raw and rel stats. take the average of (raw-50) and rel and u get a pretty useful number IMHO. considering both can be made insanely good or bad by the players team.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
the only player with both a higher xgf% and p1/60 than Killorn in the span of this year and last is Jason Zucker. yet no one ever talks about him. mid end 1st line scoring and elite possession. gets underrated due to lack of footspeed imo.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Alex Killorn has 1.72 p1/60 and 58.45% xgf% for this year and last despite having mediocre numbers in his (significant) ice time with tyler johnson, a defensive liability who he has no chemistry with. dude is a monster and goes so under the radar.
Killorn is not that good.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
based on my discussions on discord, eric staal is here too. i got laughed at for calling him a top 10 center.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow

I agree that Point only has great points because he plays in Tampa. He is a good player though but not that good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad