Best player getting no hype

Cotton

May 13, 2013
The majority don't label him that though. He was put into the NHL's top 100 players... OF ALL TIME... over Malkin.

It's insane how overrated he is. So yes, I can honestly call him overrated.

But that list doesnt mean anything anyway, it's not like some official list.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
The majority don't label him that though. He was put into the NHL's top 100 players... OF ALL TIME... over Malkin.

It's insane how overrated he is. So yes, I can honestly call him overrated.
The media might not, but majority of the fans label him overrated. However I will agree that him getting into the top 100 players of all time was absurb. There was a time where Toews was no doubt overrated, but I feel like at this moment he isn't overrated. Among nhl fans anyways

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The media might not, but majority of the fans label him overrated. However I will agree that him getting into the top 100 players of all time was absurb. There was a time where Toews was no doubt overrated, but I feel like at this moment he isn't overrated. Among nhl fans anyways
Fair enough. I just like pointing out how hes overrated by people still.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Looking at the top 50 scorers, the names that stand out to me are:
  • Mitch Marner
  • Sean Monahan
  • Elias Lindholm
  • Evgeni Dadonov
  • Timo Meier
  • Pierre-Luc Dubois

Reactions: Bonzo111

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I've said this about 100 times already, but the first 5 posts of this thread make me say it again.

When 100% of people say "I absolutely love Barkov, he is so underrated". He is in fact, not underrated.
It's the same exact thing as Kopitar 5-10 years ago.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Looking at the top 50 scorers, the names that stand out to me are:
  • Mitch Marner
  • Sean Monahan
  • Elias Lindholm
  • Evgeni Dadonov
  • Timo Meier
  • Pierre-Luc Dubois
No way Marner doesn't get enough hype, can't go into many threads without hearing about him these days. Everyone else on the list though I agree with.

Reactions: Oseductive

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I've said this about 100 times already, but the first 5 posts of this thread make me say it again.

When 100% of people say "I absolutely love Barkov, he is so underrated". He is in fact, not underrated.
I think Barkov has unseated OEL as the all-time king of the "muh underrated" meme.

Reactions: Rebels57

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Who do you think is performing at an elite level this year but is passing under the radar (be it on this site, the media, award discussion etc.)

I'm gonna start with a homer vote and say Lundqvist who is a guerilla force destroying tanks. He's been the best he's been in years this year and should really be mentioned in early vezina discussions. I think his team's situation will prevent that, but it shouldn't

Lundvist is easily the best goaltender of his generation. His GSAA over his career is more than double the next closest guy which is crazy

Jack Eichel: Top ten in scoring, is elevating his teammates and has taken his team by the scruff of the neck this year.

Possibly. He certainly isn't getting he credit he deserves.

Matt Dumba: I've always liked him but he's an O-zone beast this year. He's still prone to making an occasional gaffe in his own zone but he's coming along nicely as a two way D. If he finishes strong, there's a good chance he makes his way into Norris talk, although he probably won't be nominated. Yet he hardly gets a mention (outside of the trade and FA board)

Not even the best candidate on the Minnesota blue line.

Reactions: Allan92

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
And since Barkov and Scheifele keep getting brought up even though I hear about how great they are all the time... How about Jonathan Huberdeau?

I kind of thought he was a "bust" at this point... kind of like hanging on to a 3rd line role and trying to salvage an NHL career.
He's leading Barkov's team in points. He was in the same draft as Scheifele and has similar career points.

EDIT: I actually decided to skim the thread and see he's been mentioned a bunch... so I agree!

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

The irony of these threads is that anyone who gets a lot of mentions by definition cannot be underrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad