Best player getting no hype

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
I am big Marner fan but to suggest he isnt getting credit is one of the dumbest things I have read.

Sportsnet and TSN have had features on him like every 2nd day.

Ryan McDonaugh who is 5th in team scoring and has had a resurgence year.
Plus I wouldn't put too much weight into plus minus. But when he is +18 and not other player on the roster is better than +8

paragon

May 5, 2010
For forwards it's probably Atkinson. I'd also say Arvidsson has been massively underrated for couple of seasons already. Out of defensemen I'd probably say it's Byfuglien.

Reactions: Fixxer

DualThreat23

Nov 28, 2018
A 6'0 Centre hailing from Sainte-Agathe-Des-Monts, Quebec, he was drafted in between a young Gary Busey and the man simply known as "Pool Party". He's got 25 points in 27 games and gets to see a shirtless fat man rub his belly and gyrate on the Dance Cam during home games...PIERRE LUC DUBOIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fun fact- also a dual citizen.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
For forwards it's probably Atkinson. I'd also say Arvidsson has been massively underrated for couple of seasons already. Out of defensemen I'd probably say it's Byfuglien.

Atkinson and Dumba are great examples. Mark Stone never gets the credit he deserves.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Not had the best start to season compared to last few years...

but Jakob Silfverberg has became one of the better defensive wingers in the league over the last few years... so effective at 5v5.

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
Lundvist is easily the best goaltender of his generation. His GSAA over his career is more than double the next closest guy which is crazy

Possibly. He certainly isn't getting he credit he deserves.

Not even the best candidate on the Minnesota blue line.

Are you thinking Spurgeon ?

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Elias Pettersson has stolen much of Bo Horvat's thunder, even though Horvat has take significant step forward is his development this year. He's been outstanding, scoring at a near PPG pace and playing some of the hardest minutes in the NHL (though it remains to be seen whether he can hold up under such a heavy workload). His development curve reminds me a bit of Scheifele, where he steadily improves (exceeding expectations with each major step) and then takes off around the age of 23.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Wheeler and Scheifele are both damn good but Laine gets all the hype despite being an inferior player. I don't get it.

This, Wheeler and Scheifele are the backbone of that team. Laine is far too one dimensional and a distant from those 2 to Winnipegs success.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Ekholm is pretty much on a 50 point pace but the focus is always on Nashville's "offensive" defensemen in Subban, Josi, & Ellis

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Johnny Gaudreau
Timo Meier
Filip Forsberg
Viktor Arvidsson
Gabriel Landeskog
Mark Stone
Joe Pavelski
Bo Horvat
Cam Atkinson
Pierre-Luc Dubois

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
Nobody on the islanders qualify. Retread Val Filppula has been a pleasant surprise but that's all.

Happy holidays

LGI

Reactions: MatthewFlames

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Oof... might wanna backtrack on that one, tiger.

Although I will say Kase is very underrated and is actually an excellent player. Definitely not elite though
List of players for this year and last with 55% xgf% and 2 p1/60 (in an actual sample):

Brayden Point
Ondrej Kase

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->