Best player getting no hype

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Are we still counting Eichel when this is now the third thread about how little hype he gets?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
No hype? Timo Meier. He's missed a few games but is quietly leading the Sharks in points, 2nd in goals, over a PPG, physical, plays good D and drives possession.
That's a good example.

I'd say Nugent-Hopkins. Maintaining a PPG pace playing with scrubs, PK's, and should be in contention for the Selke.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Alex Chaisson? 650k, 12 goals. 2nd year in a row on a PTO. Won a Stanley Cup last year, now Mr. PTO is playing first line with McDavid.

Reactions: JenniferH

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
What you mean, broski. Granlund wasn't hyped at all. Just you regular #9OA pick. Kravtsov isn't hyped either, for example. I mean some guys told me years ago that Granlund is the best player in Europe, but the same thing has been said about a lot of players.
You're right, Finnish Gretzky/Jesus wasn't overhyped at all before the NHL.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
I'm going with Point, putting up major points with far less TOI compared to the league leaders.

Seems like get slightly overshadowed on an insanely deep Bolts team, but that might be doing him wonders.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
Who do you think is performing at an elite level this year but is passing under the radar (be it on this site, the media, award discussion etc.)

I'm gonna start with a homer vote and say Lundqvist who is a guerilla force destroying tanks. He's been the best he's been in years this year and should really be mentioned in early vezina discussions. I think his team's situation will prevent that, but it shouldn't

Jack Eichel: Top ten in scoring, is elevating his teammates and has taken his team by the scruff of the neck this year. I watch a lot of Sabres games each year and he was always taking over shifts, but he's found a new level this year and has risen to the challenge of being captain. To be fair he has been talked about a bit on these boards due to Buffalo's recent streak but if the Sabres make the playoffs he's a legitimate Hart candidate

Matt Dumba: I've always liked him but he's an O-zone beast this year. He's still prone to making an occasional gaffe in his own zone but he's coming along nicely as a two way D. If he finishes strong, there's a good chance he makes his way into Norris talk, although he probably won't be nominated. Yet he hardly gets a mention (outside of the trade and FA board)

What say you all?

Always Nick Backstrom!!

Reactions: JenniferH

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Krejci's been excellent of late playing 1C in the absence of Bergeron. Recently surpassed Neely in all-time Bruins scoring, 7 points in his last 5 games, really driving the bus.

Have to agree with a few others who mentioned Esa Lindell. I love him every time I get to see Dallas. He was lights out on the PP one year in the AHL, too. I remember seeing him then and thinking like, who is this dude.

Reactions: BostonBruins11

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Krejci's been excellent of late playing 1C in the absence of Bergeron. Recently surpassed Neely in all-time Bruins scoring, 7 points in his last 5 games, really driving the bus.

Have to agree with a few others who mentioned Esa Lindell. I love him every time I get to see Dallas. He was lights out on the PP one year in the AHL, too. I remember seeing him then and thinking like, who is this dude.

Yeah Krejci was kind of forgotten by management . As we can see with quality wingers hes still a 60+ pts center and hes really improved hos face off % and defensive game imo.

Last year he was on pace for 60 pts but got injured.

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018
Bo Horvat.

Takes the most draws in the league.
Saddled with d zone starts
Saddled with AHL calibre wingers for long stretches.

Still on pace for 70 points this year.

Keeps improving year after year.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Anthony Cirelli is a guy that has gone under the radar. On a top team in the league hes our 3rd Center but I think he can be a top 6 center on a lot of teams and be really good there too. Love watching this kid play. Its still technically his rookie year too. He just doesnt look like it at all.

Reactions: Zaddy

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
Kyle Connor is really good.
Might be my pick. 13 goals/28 points in 30 games and yet his best attribute might be the stuff he does that doesn't show up on the scoresheet. He's such a great skater he's a total monster on the back check, in puck recovery, and developing into an elite play driver.

Not a jets fan but they have so many studs on the team he doesn't get much national praise.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Also want to give a shout out to Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Marleau, Nylander, Kadri, Reilly, Kapanen, Gardiner, Andersen, Hymen and Ennis. Nobody ever seems to talk about them.

Reactions: Mattb124

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Also want to give a shout out to Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Marleau, Nylander, Kadri, Reilly, Kapanen, Gardiner, Andersen, Hymen and Ennis. Nobody ever seems to talk about them.

Super original.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I think Kyle Connor is the best Jets skater everytime i watch them. Such a weapon and he puts so much strain on the opposition with his speed. Dude is no sidekick, that's for sure.

Good answer. Very impressed that the first mention of Connor came from a fan of a team not named the Jets.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad