OT: Best Burgers In Vancouver? Episode II, Attack Of The Pickles

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Five Guys is still the best for me but that's my own personal bias cuz I work there haha...

Anyone tried Fatburger? I've always wanted to try and they opened one up at the newly renovated foodcourt downstairs at Harbour Centre in downtown Vancouver.

I like Fatburger. Their fries aren't that good and it is a bit overpriced IMO.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Fatburger is kind of just a cut above fast food, IMO. I don't understand the hype it gets. At least personally, when I talk a good burger, I'm talking an actually good burger... Fatburger is so incredibly meh.

You can compare Fatburger to a place like Splitz, price-wise, and Slpitz blows it right off the grill.

Last edited:

JA

The fries at the Rogers Arena Triple O's destroys the fries at any other White Spot location. I tried them again last night and was amazed at how tender, fluffy and hot they were.

White Spot's fries everywhere else are absolutely grotesque.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
This isn't in vancouver, but in the summer I went to some restaurant in a hotel in saltspring. Best burger I've ever had. I can't remember the name of the hotel though. Does anyone know?

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
My brother is obsessed with burgers. We both agree that Fatburger is ... well, ok. When I factor in economics, I think it stinks.

Five Guys hands down best chain burger IMO.

Red Robins sucks.

White Spot is actually pretty good compared to chains in the rest of the country.

Vera's is solid, but is highly location dependent. Have gone to other locations and been underwhelmed.

I really enjoyed Splitz Grill but haven't been back in forever.

Nimby burger in Kits makes a good, crispy patty if you like that sort of thing (which I do). But as a whole the burger is overpriced and the patties are too thin.

Save-on had a well above average burger and fries for 6$ at one point, then the quality went down but I heard it is back up again.

That's all I can think of right now.

looks like Nimby Burger is closed.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Am I the only one who thinks Five Guys is kind of overrated? I mean, it's clearly beyond McDonald's and Burger King but you end up paying close to what you would in a sit-down restaurant. (Double) Cheesburger + Fries + Drink will cost you $12-$15 (depending if you bring people to split fries with). Now that I think about it, it's actually cheaper to get a burger meal at Swiss Chalet...

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
Am I the only one who thinks Five Guys is kind of overrated? I mean, it's clearly beyond McDonald's and Burger King but you end up paying close to what you would in a sit-down restaurant. (Double) Cheesburger + Fries + Drink will cost you $12-$15 (depending if you bring people to split fries with). Now that I think about it, it's actually cheaper to get a burger meal at Swiss Chalet...
You clearly didn't enjoy your experience then..

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

Agreed.

The burger was good but not great and for $15 I could have had many a $1.39 McDouble or Junior Chicken.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I love Five Guys, myself. I've grown a fond appreciation for the Mikeburger given by Mr. Mike's, too.

Vera's is a solid burger in Vancouver. If we're talking fast food, I've always enjoyed Wendy's burgers. Depending on the location and the time of day, A and W's are good, too.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I'm not sure if that's really proving a point :laugh:

I'll take 1 Five Guys Burger over 12 Mcdoubles.

Same here. I prefer having actual decent toppings (not just ketchup, pickles, and chopped onions) and higher quality meat and bun. And if we're talking about just the burger, it would probably be closer to 6 mcdoubles for the same price (not that it really matters).

But if you're starving and want to get as much bang for your buck, then yeah you'd go with the mcdoubles.

I love Five Guys, myself. I've grown a fond appreciation for the Mikeburger given by Mr. Mike's, too.

I wonder why... :sarcasm:

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
My friend is just in the process of opening a chain Burger place called "Mooyah" in North Vancouver on Marine drive (right next door to Tim Hortons, besides the Mercedes Dealer). I believe it's the 2nd one in Canada (most of the chain is in Texas).

Mooyah_burgernfries.jpg

They have the most ridiculous self-serve Coke Machine i've ever seen. It's touch screen, designed by Ferrari, and able to blend all the types of Coke beverages with various flavours.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
My friend is just in the process of opening a chain Burger place called "Mooyah" in North Vancouver on Marine drive (right next door to Tim Hortons, besides the Mercedes Dealer). I believe it's the 2nd one in Canada (most of the chain is in Texas).

Mooyah_burgernfries.jpg

They have the most ridiculous self-serve Coke Machine i've ever seen. It's touch screen, designed by Ferrari, and able to blend all the types of Coke beverages with various flavours.

Five guys in the US has a similar machine, it's really cool. Not sure if the Five Guys up here have them.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Also, anyone been to Carl's Jr. yet? I want to get a burger there, but given my location, it's a bit more of a hassle and a bout an hour either way (Abbotsford/Vancouver).

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ

Mooyah_burgernfries.jpg

Yeah the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines are sweet. I think this might actually be the first one in BC. (of the machine not the chain)

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

If it's anything like the big mix and match pop machine they used to have at save on foods I'm sold.

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
I'm surprised Romer's has not been mentioned yet (at least in Thread II). It may not be the best burger ever, for that I go to my own grill, but they consistently do produce a tasty burger. I prefer the Kerr and Marine location to others. Also, they all have a decent craft beer selection, and beer selection is important when eating a tasty beer imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00