OT: Best Burgers In Vancouver? Episode II, Attack Of The Pickles

Revolution9*

2.85 for a burger? call me when they can offer a whole meal for 3 dollars like bon's

I find that place quite overrated & every time I've been there the service was bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Does anybody remember Rodeo Drive-in? I used to go there when I'd play hockey or baseball in Surrey. They were my favorite burgers and milkshakes.

Maybe it was just me and comparing it to Wally burgers back in the early to mid 70's but I went to rodeo one time and the price/quality index made it so I never went back just wasn't that impressed.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
2.85 for a burger? call me when they can offer a whole meal for 3 dollars like bon's

australian-hamburger-with-the-lot.jpg

mmmm hamburger

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I was in the Bay Area a week ago and got some In-n-Out Burger, double double/fries animal style.

It was alright, people hyping it up like the greatest thing every..but it was decent

Betamax*

I do love a good veggie burger.

My tops are:

-nando's (must have the pineapple slice on it)
-vera
-and one that surprised the heck out of me...kfc's veggie chicken burger

I do get the BK veggie burger a lot but there are better out there.

To be honest, I don't know of how they prepare and cook the veggie burgers. But don't they fry them on the same gril that was used to cook their meat patties? Or are they instead prepared in a separate grill area? If not, does that concern you?

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Anyone tried the Mikeburger from Mr. Mike's? They just opened a location up here in Kitimat, and that is one tasty burger:

There was a time when a Mike burger was hands down the best around. But this was 20+ years ago. The make and quality of the burger has changed drastically over time.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
To be honest, I don't know of how they prepare and cook the veggie burgers. But don't they fry them on the same gril that was used to cook their meat patties? Or are they instead prepared in a separate grill area? If not, does that concern you?

I used to really care about that stuff...but over the many years i've mellowed. Some places make a decent effort, like using a corner of the grill or scraping an area clean, and it's appreciated.

CallMeJerry

Apr 15, 2007
A bit off topic but...does anyone have a go-to place for quality ground beef for burgers. Most grocery stores don't grind their own ground beef. Many meat stores don't either.

I've made great burgers from Big Lou's ground beef. You can really taste the difference.

Any other suggestions? - preferably from personal experience

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
A bit off topic but...does anyone have a go-to place for quality ground beef for burgers. Most grocery stores don't grind their own ground beef. Many meat stores don't either.

I've made great burgers from Big Lou's ground beef. You can really taste the difference.

I would think any butcher would have what you are looking for. Just don't use lean beef. Regular ground makes the best burgers.

Alexistheman

Jun 28, 2007
Surrey

Buy your own grinder, probably around 100 bucks for a half decent one. Can be sure that its clean and sanitary. You're also able to then cook the beef to desired state(medium) without risk of e.coli. That and you can do an 80-20 beef to pork ratio which is pretty good. Also allows you to use excess meat cuts to grind up and put in a chili(which is why chili was invented).

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
Five Guys is still the best for me but that's my own personal bias cuz I work there haha...

Anyone tried Fatburger? I've always wanted to try and they opened one up at the newly renovated foodcourt downstairs at Harbour Centre in downtown Vancouver.

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Anyone remember big b burger at the foot of the patullo bridge?

What about the burgers at the old four rinks in the 80"s

The best burgers were at Terry's restaurant there were two locations one on denman and Robeson and one at kingsway and glen

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Five Guys is still the best for me but that's my own personal bias cuz I work there haha...

Anyone tried Fatburger? I've always wanted to try and they opened one up at the newly renovated foodcourt downstairs at Harbour Centre in downtown Vancouver.

My brother is obsessed with burgers. We both agree that Fatburger is ... well, ok. When I factor in economics, I think it stinks.

Five Guys hands down best chain burger IMO.

Red Robins sucks.

White Spot is actually pretty good compared to chains in the rest of the country.

Vera's is solid, but is highly location dependent. Have gone to other locations and been underwhelmed.

I really enjoyed Splitz Grill but haven't been back in forever.

Nimby burger in Kits makes a good, crispy patty if you like that sort of thing (which I do). But as a whole the burger is overpriced and the patties are too thin.

Save-on had a well above average burger and fries for 6$ at one point, then the quality went down but I heard it is back up again.

That's all I can think of right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad