OT: Best Burgers In Vancouver? Episode II, Attack Of The Pickles

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
Any reviews of Carl's jr on west Georgia ?

I eat at the one on Dunsmir (assuming were talking about the same one).

As far as Fast Food goes, its my favorite. I am pretty sure Tommy Chong designed their menu.
Example: They have a Philly Cheesesteak Burger.

Callhee

Embrace the hate.
Aug 24, 2009
Had the Splitz burger yesterday, it was pretty good, the toppings and the flavor of the patty was great, only issue was they don't cook to desired done-ness, so it was a well done patty which decreased the tenderness and juiciness.

1. Burgers Etc.
2. Splitz
3. Burger Heaven

Are my rankings for the lower mainland so far, still many to try out. I've had many others, but its hard to keep track of ranking unless I have them all in front of me. Burgers Etc. is still the top choice in Vancouver IMO, they cook to desired doneness, has a good selection of toppings and the flavor is great.

I would recommend those who travel to the Seattle often to give Red Mills, Teddy's Bigger Burgers a try, Teddy's (medium rare) in particular is my #1 burger.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Had the Splitz burger yesterday, it was pretty good, the toppings and the flavor of the patty was great, only issue was they don't cook to desired done-ness, so it was a well done patty which decreased the tenderness and juiciness.

1. Burgers Etc.
2. Splitz
3. Burger Heaven

Are my rankings for the lower mainland so far, still many to try out. I've had many others, but its hard to keep track of ranking unless I have them all in front of me. Burgers Etc. is still the top choice in Vancouver IMO, they cook to desired doneness, has a good selection of toppings and the flavor is great.

I would recommend those who travel to the Seattle often to give Red Mills, Teddy's Bigger Burgers a try, Teddy's (medium rare) in particular is my #1 burger.

I love the burgers at this place (Burgers Ect) but the sides weren't that strong or plentiful either, given the costs of potato salad and beans not sure why.

Callhee

Embrace the hate.
Aug 24, 2009
I love the burgers at this place (Burgers Ect) but the sides weren't that strong or plentiful either, given the costs of potato salad and beans not sure why.

Yeah, thats their only real downside; the prices for the sides and the portion sizes are a little expensive and a little small in portion. Splitz definitely has the advantage when it comes to this.

Chobomin

Jul 27, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Had the Brian burger at Splitz Grill this weekend (two patties for extra awesomeness). Was really impressed with the meat quality. I agree that it kinda sucks they didn't ask for how well the patty should be cooked (I prefer it slightly pink), but it turned out to be pretty great. Will definitely return.

Have to try Burgers Etc. since the reviews seem good here. Mooyah also.

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
Ya the freestyle machine that does 100 flavours.

Looks like this:

779259ab35415f4f1f608597f5a3b7b9_view.jpg
Yup I know what it looks like cuz I've seen them before. Again no idea when the Five Guys at Robson will get it but I've been told that we are getting it. Hopefully soon..

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
If you had to compare it to another burger which would it be? And how are the prices.

Similar to 5 guys, but I haven't been there in a while to make a direct comparison (honestly don't eat burgers much).

I got a classic burger with cheese and one other topping + fries + drink = $13.50'ish after tax.

Expensive, but not crazy considering even McDonalds seems to be about $10 for a meal now...

Though you can go crazy. My friend got a Turkey Burger in lettuce wrap with about 5 toppings, sweet potato fries and a milkshake and it was about $21.

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
Romer's is a rip-off.

Much rather buy 10 $1.39 McDouble's or McChicken's then their $15 Burger.

If I'm paying $15 for a burger, the waitresses better be hot and not wearing much.

The funny thing is that they only have one burger, The Kamikzae, on their menu that is over $15. All their entry level burgers are between $10-$12... cheaper than Earls... In fact their standard burger is $9.75... Try not to make baseless arguments with made up facts.

CallMeJerry

Apr 15, 2007
I had to revive this thread - one of my favourites.

As already mentioned - it ain't cheap - but every bite of the Magic Mushroom burger at Romer's will send you to a happy place.

Fresh ground organic beef with caramelized onions, sautéed Portobello mushrooms, herb garlic Boursin cheese and baby arugula.

The fries, which you have to pay extra for, were surprisingly not particularly good. Maybe it was just a bad batch.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Campagnolo apparently has the one of the best burgers in the city. Not even on the menu, they make a limited amount each day so get there early if you want one.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I've said in an OT thread before
But Vera's burger shack on Davie street is fantastic

You know it's the right one because it is worryingly right beside an animal hospital

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I need to go back to Splitz, it's been awhile

Was there a couple weeks ago and it was very average. A good a&w burger was comparable.

I've said in an OT thread before
But Vera's burger shack on Davie street is fantastic

You know it's the right one because it is worryingly right beside an animal hospital

The Davie and ubc locations are really good. The rest bot so much, no I don't know why.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
wow someone said red robin

donno if the one u go to is like properly run or something but i refuse to go there ever again. have had like 5 burgers straight taste garbage.

loved the royal red robin burger. then they cheaped out and i swear the meat was mixed with filler

which sucks cuz the gf loves dose onion rings

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Best Burger in the World Came from Vancouver

The best burger in Vancouver is made at your house!

This is the recipe for my buddy's burger that won best burger in the world at the World Food Championships. A big competition.

I have made this burger from his recipe and for someone not great at cooking - mind blown.

http://www.cfox.com/2015/11/12/check-out-the-recipe-for-rustys-wold-champion-burger/

Follow Rusty on the medias:

https://www.facebook.com/Rustys-BBQ-1478434939061137/?fref=ts

https://twitter.com/Rustys_bbq

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Five Guys and Vera's are my favourite. Always down for a good burger when I'm in town - will definitely have to bump this next time I'm headed to Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad