Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Hey Pasta, can you ask Montgomery if you're allowed to come out and play again? Can't believe he had to ask for permission to fight.

Not very difficult to understand why Pastrnak would seek coach's approval in a meaningless fight offered in spot picking fashion by Tkachuk. Pastrnak obviously knew how it was going to end, yet was willing to make the statement regardless.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I can 100 percent guarantee you that he does and there's been times Maurice has told him no or not yet.

I can 100% guarantee you if Tkachuk had to ask for permission from Maurice to fight, his real daddy (aka 300lb Keith Tkachuk) would fight him instead. There's no scenario where Matthew asks for permission to fight lol

Not very difficult to understand why Pastrnak would seek coach's approval in a meaningless fight offered in spot picking fashion by Tkachuk. Pastrnak obviously knew how it was going to end, yet was willing to make the statement regardless.

So...meaningless fight or making a statement? Whichever makes you feel better about the beatdown I guess.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Is there a game on tonight that we can discuss or are we just going to keep crying about game 2.

Series is tied 1-1. Bruins currently with home ice advantage. Do they lay another egg or show up for this one.

Im expecting a much closer game than the first two. And I bet the refs are told to shut shit down quickly tonight.

Bruins getting Florida Man Andrew Peeke back in there tonight. Now McAvoy is there smallest defenseman.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
16 turnovers and 3 takeaways this playoffs
Mental mistakes costing multiple goals
Only 4 hits in current series
-5 in last 5 games
Zero goals in last 27 playoff games, 1 in past 44

Horrific numbers for a 1 d-man making $9+ mil per. For Boston to have any chance this series McAvoy cannot continue to be one of the worst players on the ice. Joke player in recent post seasons considering that some claim he's Norris caliber.
His game 2 100% made Ekblad’s game 1 look like an all star game haha

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I can 100% guarantee you if Tkachuk had to ask for permission from Maurice to fight, his real daddy (aka 300lb Keith Tkachuk) would fight him instead. There's no scenario where Matthew asks for permission to fight lol

So...meaningless fight or making a statement? Whichever makes you feel better about the beatdown I guess.

Meaningless fight as in the game is well decided and as staged as it can be.

Statement because Pastrnak handled himself against a larger and allegedly tougher Tkachuk who picked his opponent with care.

The only part that was a beat down is the haymakers while Pastrnak was on the ice. If that means so much to you, enjoy.

Lol, after 3 rounds, and Boston is not LV, hell LV wasn't LV this year.

We will not shy away from the rough stuff.

Again, Florida turned quiet rather quickly aside from post game tantrum brawls that were laughed off with ease by Vegas. They are the faux tough bully until they run into a legitimate heavyweight team.

The point Florida fans are choosing to avoid - the Panthers are not tough. They act tough, until a true tough opponent comes calling.

Well symbolized by Tkachuk selected Pastrnak for his fight.

The only response as usual from @Chaos2k7 continues to confirm the point - laughing faces.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Meaningless fight as in the game is well decided and as staged as it can be.

Statement because Pastrnak handled himself against a larger and allegedly tougher Tkachuk who picked his opponent with care.

The only part that was a beat down is the haymakers while Pastrnak was on the ice. If that means so much to you, enjoy.

Again, Florida turned quiet rather quickly aside from post game tantrum brawls that were laughed off with ease by Vegas. They are the faux tough bully until they run into a legitimate heavyweight team.
We had our AHL captain as the 3rd line center.

You remember Zac Dalpe from game 6 no?

We are healthy and 5 forward lines deep, I say bring it on, if you have the fortitude to follow through on it.

The series hinges on whether or not your top guys can out produce our top guys.

• Love
Reactions: MaWa and Vilam

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
We had our AHL captain as the 3rd line center.

You remember Zac Dalpe from game 6 no?

We are healthy and 5 forward lines deep, I say bring it on, if you have the fortitude to follow through on it.

Separate the issues at hand.

Florida the hockey team - very good.
Florida as a tough hockey team - not so.

Not so difficult.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Do you have that same energy for Frederic throwing elbows on Rodrigues at the bench? Or Frederic dropping the gloves and throwing punches at an unsuspecting Luostairinen, who also isn’t a fighter by any means AND still had his gloves on? What about Marchand (Mr “chode,” I mean “code” himself) sliding toward a Panther on boards skates first? The whining in here about Tkachuk popping Pasta is ridiculous. Rewind to Lucic, rewind to multiple players throughout history. It happens, and the Bruins have had plenty of players to do it as well. It’s a joke.

Lmao, the Panthers have rallied around Tkachuk for two years now, you actually think the Panthers are going to fold because the Bruins want to mix it up? The team’s built for that style of play.
yes there a reason i despise Boston and while every year everybody else celebrates when Toronto get eliminated I celebrate when Boston get eliminated. There a dirty franchise that has built an identity of pushing the limits and seeing what they can get away with.

But here's the truth there's a big difference when Frederic drops gloves with Luostairinen who himself was towing the line and is a 4th line pest and Tkachuk targeting maliciously and serial 50 goal scorer/star.

There's plenty of Luostarinens there arent that many Pastranaks.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
yes there a reason i despise Boston and while every year everybody else celebrates when Toronto get eliminated I celebrate when Boston get eliminated. There a dirty franchise that has built an identity of pushing the limits and seeing what they can get away with.

But here's the truth there's a big difference when Frederic drops gloves with Luostairinen who himself was towing the line and is a 4th line pest and Tkachuk targeting maliciously and serial 50 goal scorer/star.

There's plenty of Luostarinens there arent that many Pastranaks.
He is?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Nah that isn't proof of anything. He was just asking for a first bump after a good wrestling match.

In seriousness, Marchand doing whatever in the past doesn't make Tkachuk punching Pasta's face into the ice OK.

I'm proud of Pasta for taking up the challenge. You wouldn't see Kucherov or McDavid or Panarin or the other highest skilled guys in the league agree to the fight.

I just hope the rest of the series the Bruins players bigger than Tkachuk keep challenging him to a fight and then loudly call him a little bitch when he declines.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Nah that isn't proof of anything. He was just asking for a first bump after a good wrestling match.

In seriousness, Marchand doing whatever in the past doesn't make Tkachuk punching Pasta's face into the ice OK.

I'm proud of Pasta for taking up the challenge. You wouldn't see Kucherov or McDavid or Panarin or the other highest skilled guys in the league agree to the fight.

I just hope the rest of the series the Bruins players bigger than Tkachuk keep challenging him to a fight and then loudly call him a little bitch when he declines.
Weren't you just mentioning how fans want to believe their own narratives come playoff time?

Bruins wasting their time chasing Chucky around looking for revenge is exactly why he did what he did. Plays into our hands honestly. He is like top 5 in the league in drawing calls.

And yes props to Pasta for standing in there.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Hey Pasta, can you ask Montgomery if you're allowed to come out and play again? Can't believe he had to ask for permission to fight.

If you do a little search you can get the skinny on what went down, who said what, there are a bunch of articles covering Pasta and Tkachuk’s post game comments.

I won’t spoil it for you too much as I know you’re anxious to get to it, but I’ll just share that your take above is Incredibly inaccurate….

Sorry for the cliffhanger. Good luck.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
the Panthers are not tough. They act tough, until a true tough opponent comes calling.
This is funny. Bs tried to ramp things up after falling far behind, trying to send a message, or whatever you want to call it. Panthers just smacked them back harder every time. Then started taunting them because of it. Bruins started it, Panthers fired right back. Then everyone starts whining about the dirrrty Panthers, lmao.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Is there a game on tonight that we can discuss or are we just going to keep crying about game 2.

Series is tied 1-1. Bruins currently with home ice advantage. Do they lay another egg or show up for this one.

Im expecting a much closer game than the first two. And I bet the refs are told to shut shit down quickly tonight.

Bruins getting Florida Man Andrew Peeke back in there tonight. Now McAvoy is there smallest defenseman.

Dan there is a game on tonight yes. And I’m pretty sure the amount of energy expended in this thread on the who cheap shotted who, who is a bigger douche, who asked for permission to fight, etc exceeds the collective energy of the two teams on those issues.

The teams are focusing on how to go up 2-1 in the series. Many posters are doing the same in our respective team’s forums (both panthers and bs fans having solid game conversations).

When the fan bases collide the conversation is invariably dragged into a preschool sandbox of cat shit and bear shit. Not that there aren’t some good points made, they’re just overwhelmed with thoughtless drivel.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
ok 3rd line pest it doesnt matter he's still just a replaceable jag.
If they want that type of game, we will play that way. No issues with it. Take your licks and keep on going.
take cheapshots on marchand not pastranak.

check pasta close try to get under his skin no need to cross the line unless he does 1st.
Lots of teams would line up for those two spineless punks.

Marchy and Chucky.
Where did I say that there werent great hockey players? Marchand's a hall of famer tkachuk's got a shot at the hall as well.

Still doesnt stop them from being spineless punks/

Reactions: Chaos2k7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad