OT: Best Burgers In Vancouver? Episode II, Attack Of The Pickles

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
The original: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=638442

Posts towards the end of last thread:
Red Robin is top 3 for me, fantastic restaurant.

They're pretty decent, but they need to upgrade the buns. And they've raised prices a lot the last 5 years so they're not great for the $.

Apparently there is a food truck that does 2.85 burgers and 3.50 cheeseburgers...some say it's the best in town.

yeah heard about that... teriyaki sauce :nod:

I'm guessing this is the one you're talking about?: http://www.yelp.ca/biz/hamburger-2-85-vancouver

I'll have to give it a try if I'm nearby.

Yup and they are good.

IMG_6971-e1392182452468.jpg

Hamburger $2.85

Cost: $2.85 + tax for a Hamburger, $3.50 + tax for a Cheeseburger (CASH ONLY)

Days: Monday to Saturday

Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Went to Burgers, Etc last weekend and was really happy with it. Probably my favorite burger joint right now.

1. Burgers Etc, North Burnaby
2. Romers, South Vancouver
3. Spitz Grill, Main st

Continue!

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Does anybody remember Rodeo Drive-in? I used to go there when I'd play hockey or baseball in Surrey. They were my favorite burgers and milkshakes.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Mr mikes isn't a good restaurant, would rather have red robin for sure.

Very interested to try this food truck, hopefully it's still running when I'm back in Canada.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
I think it's pretty awesome that my biggest contribution to HFboards has been a thread about the best burger.

Still voting Five Guys though. Don't care that it's a chain, that is a damn good burger.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Does anybody remember Rodeo Drive-in? I used to go there when I'd play hockey or baseball in Surrey. They were my favorite burgers and milkshakes.

That's right by my house. Used to love eating at the picnic tables outside in the summer. Unfortunately it's a TD Bank now. That whole area is almost unrecognizable.
The cool thing is the bank has a big picture of the Rodeo Drive In behind the front desk.

Clidefr0g

Apr 30, 2012
I was looking at the original with all the old information thinking DAMN we need a new one of these.. a week later my wishes have come true :P

Id also like to say whoever nominated whitespot as best burgers really needs to get out more often..

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I was looking at the original with all the old information thinking DAMN we need a new one of these.. a week later my wishes have come true :P

Id also like to say whoever nominated whitespot as best burgers really needs to get out more often..

Whit spot has fantastic burgers, may not be the best, but I'd have them in my top 10.

Willting*

Whit spot has fantastic burgers, may not be the best, but I'd have them in my top 10.

you could fit any burger joint in a top 10 considering its drops off at a certain point and ranking after that drop off is negligible...

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Went to the $2.85 thing for lunch today. Says they open at 11:30 but we got there at 12:30 and it hadnt' opened yet; there was a massive line and it opened probably 5-10 minutes later. It was good for sure and you can't beat the price, but yeah. Pretty popular right now. I'm lucky to work in a place where nobody cares that I took 90 minutes for lunch...

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
I tried the vendor once. I thought it was okay but I feeling sick that day so I'll have to try again. I'm going to go with a controversial pick and say warehouse has my favourite burgers. They aren't very good, but something about their atmosphere makes a frozen patty with kraft cheese slices on a burnt bun served with fries for 4.95 just seems right.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Went to the $2.85 thing for lunch today. Says they open at 11:30 but we got there at 12:30 and it hadnt' opened yet; there was a massive line and it opened probably 5-10 minutes later. It was good for sure and you can't beat the price, but yeah. Pretty popular right now. I'm lucky to work in a place where nobody cares that I took 90 minutes for lunch...
Best schedule review, worst actual burger review.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Anyone else tried the Mogu street truck, their chicken teriyaki burger? It is delicious...and their chicken karaage is the best, as advertised.

sandwich_teriyaki.png

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
2.85 for a burger? call me when they can offer a whole meal for 3 dollars like bon's

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00