OT: Best Burgers In Vancouver? Episode II, Attack Of The Pickles

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I'm surprised Romer's has not been mentioned yet (at least in Thread II). It may not be the best burger ever, for that I go to my own grill, but they consistently do produce a tasty burger. I prefer the Kerr and Marine location to others. Also, they all have a decent craft beer selection, and beer selection is important when eating a tasty beer imo.

Romer's is a rip-off.

Much rather buy 10 $1.39 McDouble's or McChicken's then their $15 Burger.

If I'm paying $15 for a burger, the waitresses better be hot and not wearing much.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I love Five Guys, myself. I've grown a fond appreciation for the Mikeburger given by Mr. Mike's, too.

Vera's is a solid burger in Vancouver. If we're talking fast food, I've always enjoyed Wendy's burgers. Depending on the location and the time of day, A and W's are good, too.

triple O's are the best fast food burgers AINEC

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
My friend is just in the process of opening a chain Burger place called "Mooyah" in North Vancouver on Marine drive (right next door to Tim Hortons, besides the Mercedes Dealer). I believe it's the 2nd one in Canada (most of the chain is in Texas).

Mooyah_burgernfries.jpg

They have the most ridiculous self-serve Coke Machine i've ever seen. It's touch screen, designed by Ferrari, and able to blend all the types of Coke beverages with various flavours.

Hey could you keep us updated on his progress? My brother and I will drive all the way to North Van for it, no question.

Actually according to the website this is the third freestyle machine in Vancouver. I tried going to it when I go to washington but somehow have never managed to do so. Probably because they are mostly in 5 guys and Taco Time, both of which I don't really want to eat at when in the states.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Hey could you keep us updated on his progress? My brother and I will drive all the way to North Van for it, no question.

Actually according to the website this is the third freestyle machine in Vancouver. I tried going to it when I go to washington but somehow have never managed to do so. Probably because they are mostly in 5 guys and Taco Time, both of which I don't really want to eat at when in the states.

The location's grand opening is today. They had a friends/family event yesterday I couldn't attend but it is fully open today. It's right next to the Mercedes dealer/Tim Hortons/Tomahawk Restaurant on Marine Drv in North Van.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
The location's grand opening is today. They had a friends/family event yesterday I couldn't attend but it is fully open today. It's right next to the Mercedes dealer/Tim Hortons/Tomahawk Restaurant on Marine Drv in North Van.

Thanks, is there a website or something with hours and whatnot?

LickTheEnvelope

Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Let us know how it is! I work in N.Van and I would definitely make a drive there for lunch if it's any good.

Stopped by about an hour ago but it was crazy busy so i'll try back later tonight.

Hours appear to be 11am - 10pm everyday (except Friday is something like 4 - 10 for some reason).

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Romer's is a rip-off.

If I'm paying $15 for a burger, the waitresses better be hot and not wearing much.

That whole quote is ridiculous.

I agree, why have a 10 girlfriend when one can have 10 ones eh?

Also if you want an awesome 15 buck hamburger, to go along with a hot waitress check out Lou's Grill in Abby if you are so inclined, heck even if you are blind the burger is worth it.

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
My friend is just in the process of opening a chain Burger place called "Mooyah" in North Vancouver on Marine drive (right next door to Tim Hortons, besides the Mercedes Dealer). I believe it's the 2nd one in Canada (most of the chain is in Texas).

Mooyah_burgernfries.jpg

They have the most ridiculous self-serve Coke Machine i've ever seen. It's touch screen, designed by Ferrari, and able to blend all the types of Coke beverages with various flavours.

Five guys in the US has a similar machine, it's really cool. Not sure if the Five Guys up here have them.

You mean the Coca Cola freestyle machine? The Five Guys in downtown Vancouver on Robson Street is going to get it some time soon. Can't tell you the specific details but my boss said that we will be getting the freestyle machine soon. Just not sure when it'll actually arrive.

LickTheEnvelope

Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
You mean the Coca Cola freestyle machine? The Five Guys in downtown Vancouver on Robson Street is going to get it some time soon. Can't tell you the specific details but my boss said that we will be getting the freestyle machine soon. Just not sure when it'll actually arrive.

Ya the freestyle machine that does 100 flavours.

Looks like this:

779259ab35415f4f1f608597f5a3b7b9_view.jpg

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Will have to try Mooyah eventually... Nice that Five Guys is getting a Freestyle machine soon. Been waiting for places in BC to get them.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah, that's the one. I don't even drink pop but I had to try it out and had a few drinks.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Also if you want an awesome 15 buck hamburger, to go along with a hot waitress check out Lou's Grill in Abby if you are so inclined, heck even if you are blind the burger is worth it.

yeah lou's has good eats And good drink specials too. The talent is nice as well. Place gets super loud on the weekends though.

I stand by my pick of Vera's but the one in Surrey/langley I've always had a great burger and super friendly staff.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Romer's is a rip-off.

15 bucks isnt much for a meal, and considering the amount of cancer eating 10 mcdoubles probably causes you...

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Stopped by about an hour ago but it was crazy busy so i'll try back later tonight.

Hours appear to be 11am - 10pm everyday (except Friday is something like 4 - 10 for some reason).

I gotta make my way there, I'm actually moving close to waterfront from Yaletown so the travel won't be so bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad